IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

1 hour ago, Tam B said:

My complete Nintendo Power collection. All issues, 1-285, with all posters/inserts intact. (Arcade 1UP pic removed) 🙂

I have a friend in MA that has probably like 10 of them so far with more going to come as he can grab them.  He gave up on the nasty gaming market it got too addicting and too expensive so he cashed out thousands from a Dreamcast, other Sega, TG16, most Nintendo, etc stuff entirely.  He replaced most of it with some all in one hacked console/pi box choice so he could make an arcade out of his basement room and from what I've seen it was an excellent choice.  That Sega one and the NBA Jam I think will be the next to come.

I feel like you all have been waiting with bated breath for the conclusion of my hometown haul (or I'd like to believe that) and I've been wanting to show you the last pile of stuff for a while now. I finally have a free moment so I'm going to try to run through everything. 

First, all the boxed N64 games that survived my brother's toddler years + my HotNewz VHS. 

spacer.png

Next, the N64 games that originally had boxes... but those didn't survive...

spacer.png

And more games... with manuals... that used to be in boxes... sigh...

spacer.png

Some books! Anyone remember these? 

spacer.png

Was going through the SNES games that still have boxes and found the box and inserts for Mischief Makers, phew! Love that game. 

spacer.png

Then here's the SNES games that are incomplete now...

spacer.png

Then here's the games that are loose now... some used to have boxes... my brother was a toddler though... it wasn't his fault...

spacer.png

Oh, and here's a Star Fox 64 mini guide from GamePro magazine, love this thing...

spacer.png

Here's random stuff for various consoles I didn't have already... the PS3 and Wii U games are all sealed, go figure... spacer.png

I don't know if you realized this yet but we really liked the Army Men series. They were not good games, at all, but man we played the heck out of those. Especially Army Men Air Combat for N64. We put a lot of hours into that one because it had co-op. 

So that's my entire haul from my parents' house! Lots of stuff! I'm still trying to make room for everything. 

Actually... not entirely. After I got done sorting through everything my mom contacted me and said she found a box in her house that I never looked through. Turns out she told me about this box as soon as I arrived but I completely forgot about it. So my brother took a picture of everything after emptying the box and sent me this...

spacer.png

SO! My mom and brother packed everything into a giant box and I had to print a UPS label for them. I have a 40 POUND box headed my way soon, bigger than any of the other 8 boxes I mailed. This isn't done yet! 

Oh and also, while I've been going through all this I had a bunch of other stuff arrive that I got in trades or online orders, but I think I've bored you all enough. Thanks for reading!

• Like 4

Cartridges Galore in Frederick MD was having under $6.37 games were $1 and buy one get one half off showcase (more expensive) games. A lot had already been picked through but I got 18 or so NES games for a buck and Goeman for N64 and Kirby Dreamland 3 for SNES. Didn’t realize Kirby was an $80 game but I was happy to get Goeman half off. Oh I finally filled up the shitty N64 shelf I built so I’m stacking them on the top now lol

image.jpg

• Like 4

I already got some games this year but nothing as big (in size and price) as this amazing, beautiful brand new pinball machine.

I‘d wanted it for some time now and last week I finally decided to buy it and after playing it for a bit more than 30-40 minutes, I have zero regrets. 

The table is amazing, it has a lot of fun goals and depth. My first pinball machine was Star Wars Trilogy from Sega and this was an amazing upgrade.

It’s hard to stop playing it. The video screen is one great addition to those new tables, it really makes a difference.

I’ll have an awesome time with it in the coming years.

En8hQWEl.jpgCKRAN4tl.jpg80oG3uyl.jpg

Edited by Galdius
  • Like 7
  • Wow! 2

Got a couple goodies.

I must admit though, after playing Final Doom, this port of Doom seems a little bare bones and a little easy. 😞

I don't keep games I don't play, so if this one doesn't get more fun, I'll be trading it out despite how much time I spent tracking it down.spacer.pngspacer.png

20200117_185021~2.jpg

Edit: Oops forgot one.

20200118_100718~2.jpg

Edited by Californication
  • Like 4

Over the last couple months I have picked up a few things for my Super Nintendo collection.

Found a Super Nintendo lot at an auction the weekend before Christmas.  It didn't cost to much and the console ended up being a 1-Chip with a few games I didn't have in my collection.

863134815_OneChipSNES-12-22-2019-1.thumb.jpg.79e1fd7e3effcadfa9a1cc43318e29ae.jpg1105885309_OneChipSNES-12-22-2019-2.thumb.jpg.8ea2e90e5aba3f2c3ba49f561e6d52d9.jpg

1135851504_HalsHoleinONeGolfLemmings-12-22-2019.thumb.jpg.d9f41266b01f3cce4cfd1346cf653ea7.jpg

Metal Warriors was a gift for Christmas. I finally came across one at a good price with a descent label and my dad said he would picked it up and give it to me as a gift for my Christmas/Birthday.

2118777953_MetalWarriors-12-25-2019.thumb.jpg.64bcdbe50fdfbda0b7ba6d7ac2427d3b.jpg

Hit up a local shop and they had some trade ins after Christmas I didn't have so I picked these up early in January.

1121244687_EquinoxGemfirePaladinsQuest-12-20-2019.thumb.jpg.160461f6809fc041b5fceef33927de3d.jpg

These came to the same shop a week later.

1762830212_PinballDreamsPinballFantasiesStinger-1-4-2020.thumb.jpg.3905a6af5856e99764b04ab96544b8d6.jpg

This week I ended going to Wichita so I hit up a few CD Tradeposts and they had four games I needed to knock of my list.

746681457_FaceBallHittheIceInindo-1-16-2020.thumb.jpg.3e00e8024fb71f048a1cf31a022007d6.jpg

545996325_InspectorGadget-1-16-2020.thumb.jpg.254cc2f77ee3daf9861ed86d419d8529.jpg

The last games I picked up pushed me under 200 now I have 199 remaining.

Edited by Bubbapauls
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Californication said:

Got a couple goodies.

I must admit though, after playing Final Doom, this port of Doom seems a little bare bones and a little easy. 😞

I don't keep games I don't play, so if this one doesn't get more fun, I'll be trading it out despite how much time I spent tracking it down.

(pic removed)

Dude good job.  I recently joined that Doom black label PS1 club, and those 2 shooters I've had for a few years now too.  Good taste. 😄

As for my contribution.  No pic, no time.  I paid $30 a couple days ago at a goodwill and got the limited short release Red Nintendo Wii system that came with NewSMB Wii.  Also had Mario Galaxy, COD3, 2 toys to life things w/pads but no toys, and then like 7 lame sports titles.  There's also another added nunchuk in there too and a black pro classic whatever controller as well.  I was thinking sell, but after playing Galaxy I'm leaning on just keeping it as the game is fun, but I have no will at this rate to collect/play Wii really so I'm sitting on it to ponder. 😉

Oddly this terrible added christmas sharper image trash game was included, it's from 2018 and it's like play in the dark IR table tennis.  I can't quite figure out how to get it to pick up the rackets.

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2020 at 8:42 PM, MiamiSlice said:

Conclusion of the hometown haul, I think! The surprise 9th box arrived today via UPS. Normally I would sort through everything and take out the dupes before showing you all but this pile will take too long. Anyway more than half of this is games I didn’t already have.

If you're looking to sell at some rate, would either Chrono or Rocket Slime be something you'd part with?

On 12/31/2019 at 9:31 PM, Californication said:

I almost bought that. In the end, it seemed like a great deal, but I didn't want to go down that road of buying pc engine games. I hope it works out. The guy seemed honest to me.

It's working fine now.  I was able to align the pots correctly, what happened was damage in transit.  The cd spindle was at the wrong height and bent wobbly, also the little micro switch that clicks down when the laser returns to the center was busted so it was causing all sorts of failure problems.  I've had it back a bit now and I've been having fun every few days with some of the CDs.

That said mid-last week I found a nice shiny (not Mario) red Nintendo Wii system for $30.  Came with mostly garbage sports titles and 2 toys to life with pad but no toy, yet there was Wii Sports hiding in the drive, New SMB Wii, Mario Galaxy and Call of Duty 3 so that made my day.  I ended up enjoying Galaxy again so I decided to keep it and set it up next to my Switch.  I grabbed a spotless copy of Pinball Hall of Fame (Williams) for $3 for it too locally and ran up a damn fine score on Space Shuttle. 😄  Also the day after finding that system, I got a box of GBA games for $10 all kids and up licensed stuff and Mario Kart in a nice box I can re-use for parts.  And then the day after that for $5 with 2 new batteries in it, the Tiger handheld of Ninja Gaiden.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2020 at 4:23 PM, MiamiSlice said:

Yes, they are both dupes, but sadly both are missing the games. I’m still trying to track those down with my brother.

Well if they're otherwise complete, maps/manuals maybe they'd still be of use if I could find the game cheap enough to off set that being worth the effort. 🙂

Got some great things: game number 71 for the AES, an original Super Mario World box (and it even came with the game with a lot of stickers on the cart) and a Brazilian Playtronic CIB Final Fantasy copy for the NES. This was the first time that I saw this version of FF and had to get it even though it isn't in the best condition. It was also my first CIB NES game.

hCnX5lRl.jpg

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, BortLicensePlate said:

Nice SMW there @Galdius, tough to find that non players choice version

Thanks!

I've been wanting it for a long time. Luckily a friend found one some time ago and sold it to me for around US$37.
It's missing the manual but I already bought one online and it should arrive this week.