IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Here’s all of my gaming Christmas goodies. 

The Art of Atari book blew me away. I can’t recommend it enough. There’s a lot of general history in there as well and some cool pictures of various hardware.

My Master’s thesis was over pollinators/native bees, so someone was being a comedian with the Bee Simulator gift. 😂 I’m genuinely excited to try that one out.

4A58CDDC-919E-4AA2-8295-01B696757635.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1

8 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

The Art of Atari book blew me away. I can’t recommend it enough. There’s a lot of general history in there as well and some cool pictures of various hardware.

My Master’s thesis was over pollinators/native bees, so someone was being a comedian with the Bee Simulator gift. 😂 I’m genuinely excited to try that one out.

Oh, wow.  Of course an Atari book like that exists, but I didn't know about it until I saw it.  I'd really like to pick up one of those. That was such a great era for game cover art.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

That book is great. Got to see and meet Tim when he did a panel at MGC in 2017. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

That is a lot of awesome stuff. If you haven't played Celeste yet, you are in for a real treat. One of the top ten games of the 2010s for sure.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

That is a lot of awesome stuff. If you haven't played Celeste yet, you are in for a real treat. One of the top ten games of the 2010s for sure.

I somehow managed to hold out for the physical release. I’m finding as I get older that platformers are becoming more my thing over RPGs, so I’m very excited.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

Apparently the Bee Simulator devs care a lot about bees and tried to make that game as realistic and informative as possible.

• Like 1

I went a bit crazy at the end of November and during December.
I got a LOT of games, many of them I wanted for a long time.
This is everything I got:

JZsoQ7bh.jpg

Now I have 70 Neo Geo AES games:

adLT4ngl.jpg   

xFVla0Ml.jpg   

Got a LOT of Switch games:

cFKTP4ul.jpg   

Also got some new and PS2/GC stuff:

zV9SJCYl.jpg   

Some Gameboy games that I wanted.
I'm really happy that I finally managed to add TMNT 3 to the collection.

Qkz8gsyl.jpg   

It's hard to say "no" to CIB SNES games:

Hp7qDVml.jpg   

And some not so random retro stuff.
I'm thrilled to add Sapphire to the collection. It wasn't cheap but it was a bit cheaper than on ebay and it came with the spine card.

XbscSuul.jpg
  • Like 8
  • Wow! 2

On 12/27/2019 at 8:05 AM, RH said:

I finally got a copy of Mega Man for the Game Gear, which came with a copy of the manual.  It was an auction ending on Christmas Eve and I manged to get the pair for cheaper than just the cartridge.  It arrived yesterday.  The front cover was torn off and the seller didn't mention that it was filled with his original, childhood art on almost every, single page.  I need to make a post dedicated to the manual alone.

It was my initial intent to restore the manual, sell it and try to recoup the costs but after I saw all of the art the seller had drawn when he was probably 6 or 7, there's no way I'm getting rid of it.  I love that stuff.  Best buy I've made all year.

So you're the one who outbid me LOL you'll definitely have to post pictures of that manual, I love seeing that kinda stuff as well!

• Haha 1

Sorry to be posting again so soon but I got back from my parents’ house today and had some stuff waiting for me in the mail plus I brought some items back with me in my luggage.

• PowerA GameCube style wireless controller was a lightning deal on Amazon that sold out before I heard about it but I kept checking back and it came back in stock. Was maybe $17.49. 
  • Star Wars Pinball was $14.99 on Amazon, finally copped it. 
  • Super Monkey Ball 3D was a surprise deal on Woot, also $14.99, I've had trouble finding this in good condition used so figured why not just buy new? 
  • Splasher and Neuro Voider were from the buy 2 get 1 free promotion at Red Art Games, I got a second copy of Splasher as trade bait with that haul. 
  • The Mario toys are fast food toys I found at my parent's house, the first two are from 2002 and the third is from 2006, second is for Mario Sunshine and the third is for Mario Pinball Land. 
  • Nyko Game Boost for 3DS I found in my brother's room, he never opened it!? It only fits the launch model 3DS and I don't have one but I figured it's worth just holding on to? Hadn't seen one before. 
  • SML2 and Hyper Lode Runner I think were mine but I had lent to my brother at one point and I decided to borrow them back... for good. 
  • Gotcha Force was my brother's, he bought this back when it was a new game, played it for many hours, if you ask him about this game he can tell you every minute detail. For years I thought he was missing the manual for it, he thought he must have bought it used and it didn't come with the manual, well can you believe when I was looking through his stack of manuals I found it? And in mint condition too. He has a terrible memory and now I have his CIB Gotcha Force. 

I also brought my brother's copy of Chibi Robo with me but I'm not including that since I already have a copy in my collection. These were the two GameCube games I wasn't willing to stick in the mail 🙂

900B20FC-81E2-444A-BF71-94AF01CB23A3.thumb.jpeg.76b8daf5045c19e77a3263d45433f513.jpeg

The rest of my hometown haul I had to quickly pack and ship via UPS and USPS in the little bit of free time I had while I was there... it ended up being 8 boxes, 3 all books and the other 5 were all games, accessories and one console, in total it was over 100 pounds weight combined and cost me almost $150 with supplies. I’ll post pics of what goes into my collection as I receive the boxes in the next couple weeks, and I’ll also be selling some stuff (mostly NES / SNES / PS3 and some dupes). 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 4

I had a PC Engine Duo show up in the mail yesterday, fairly well worked up with a total recap, RGB amp mod, a high end super cap for the saves, and also a power jack replacement to use a more standardized American source.  It came with 3 CD/SCD and 3 HuCards too, original controller, and a/v cable.  Sadly the CD drive is giving me a bit of crap, seller who I did/do trust said it worked but hadn't worked on it, maybe he wasn't aware, but it seems to struggle on one of the 3 games he sent badly, pauses for a few moments too long in spaces on another, and one of the ones I had (US Ys Book1+2) it was pausing a bit when loading CD audio longer but I cleared that up so far.  I'm continuing to tinker as it's been a decade and a half long dream to get one of these (Duo) back and I want to enjoy it.  Those who recall me on the old site know it ate me up a lot not having one of those anymore. 😕  Now I'm being tormented with partial CD issues and I may have to send it off to a facebook buddy in a TG/PCE group I'm part of to re-align the damn thing as it may take an oscilloscope which I do not have.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

I had a PC Engine Duo show up in the mail yesterday, fairly well worked up with a total recap, RGB amp mod, a high end super cap for the saves, and also a power jack replacement to use a more standardized American source.  It came with 3 CD/SCD and 3 HuCards too, original controller, and a/v cable.  Sadly the CD drive is giving me a bit of crap, seller who I did/do trust said it worked but hadn't worked on it, maybe he wasn't aware, but it seems to struggle on one of the 3 games he sent badly, pauses for a few moments too long in spaces on another, and one of the ones I had (US Ys Book1+2) it was pausing a bit when loading CD audio longer but I cleared that up so far.  I'm continuing to tinker as it's been a decade and a half long dream to get one of these (Duo) back and I want to enjoy it.  Those who recall me on the old site know it ate me up a lot not having one of those anymore. 😕  Now I'm being tormented with partial CD issues and I may have to send it off to a facebook buddy in a TG/PCE group I'm part of to re-align the damn thing as it may take an oscilloscope which I do not have.

I almost bought that. In the end, it seemed like a great deal, but I didn't want to go down that road of buying pc engine games. I hope it works out. The guy seemed honest to me.

Already received half the boxes I mailed myself from my parents’ house. Managed to go through one box today and here’s everything being added to my collection. The stack of games are all complete and in mostly great condition. The 3 standing vertical are in bad shape and will need upgrading, though I might not bother with Pikmin since I have that on Wii already. And the N64 games were just used to fill some empty space in the box, but I’m happy to have them back in my life too. DKR looks bad but I’m about to clean it right up 🙂

I was also able to upgrade some GameCube games with dupes that were in this box, which is always nice. Dupes aren’t pictured though. 

F7D41E04-0700-45F8-BC11-2E88B94CC18E.jpeg

update: here’s me cleaning up that DKR cart https://imgur.com/gallery/ge2TVot

Edited by MiamiSlice
Added link to album of DKR cart cleanup
  • Like 5

23 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Man, you really make me want to start collecting for Master System. How tough is it to get into?

Thanks! 😁

Collecting fo SMS is really easy and fun - not much rare or expensive games, but really many great titles. This system is an unappreciated as for me.

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2019 at 10:55 AM, Galdius said:

I'm thrilled to add Sapphire to the collection. It wasn't cheap but it was a bit cheaper than on ebay and it came with the spine card.

XbscSuul.jpg

Oh man you got Sapphire, very nice addition to any collection.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LastCat said:

Oh man you got Sapphire, very nice addition to any collection.

To tell the truth, I bought it because it was a game that I always wanted for the rarity but from the moment that it loaded on the console, I was amazed. It’s such a brilliant game. The ost is simply amazing. It’s hard to say that an $1k game is worth for the gameplay but this one is. It’s really great and it’s going to be available on the PC-E mini.