IGNORED

2019 VGS Secret Santa official reveal thread

Secret Santa

10 hours ago, SuperJimtendo said:

My secret santa was @KokiriChild some ps2 games I didn't have and a dreamcast game I didn't have plus some rad pokemon cards. I absolutely love the drawing that was included in the card. I'm usually the one giving away artwork so I always love receiving some. Thank you very much and merry Christmas. 

As mentioned already the colorado crew got together and opened gifts as a group which was a really great time and something fun to be a part of that not many other na-ers could have done. @Murray @JamesRobot and @Richardhead. Peep that bag of organic fixed cauliflower and the fireplace on the tv in front of the actual fireplace! 

Merry Christmas VGS

FECAED5A-97D5-4538-A82E-4E103027A626.jpeg

F1885DA8-A8E0-4162-B3EE-C6E10CEB88AA.jpeg

956FE917-708D-462C-9242-1DAA594E288F.jpeg

I'm happy you liked it! Merry Christmas!! 😄

• Like 4

10 hours ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

Thanks Cap!

Huge shoutout to @twiztor for my awesome Zelda goodies! I am truly grateful for the thoughtfulness of these gifts. My fiancé played the music box for all of our guests last night lol. It was a hit! Merry Christmas all!

C1BB933C-E7D5-41C4-B08D-268FC92EA5CD.jpeg

glad you liked it! was trying to find/think of neat little Zelda trinkets and ran across that music box. as soon as i saw it, i knew that it was exactly what i was looking for. glad you enjoyed it!

Merry Christmas @WalterWhiteJr. and another voice of thanks to @captmorgandrinker for getting us up and running this year!

• Like 7

14 hours ago, andrew244 said:

My SS didn't leave their name (neither did I, teehee) but they certainly know the way to my heart 😍

image0.jpg

Hope everybody's having a great Christmas so far!

I was your Secret Santa, I wasn't sure if I should leave my name in the package lol. I'm really glad you liked it! Hope you had a great Christmas!

• Like 3

Administrator · Posted
21 hours ago, Bear85 said:

@spacepup glad you enjoyed it, I forgot to include the letter I wrote in the box, people at the post office wouldn’t retrieve the package once it went to the back, sorry about that. 

My son put together the box for you, though it would be a neat idea to create a mystery theme box, enjoy!! Happy Holidays!!

Thank you! I appreciate it very much and I’m glad your son got to join in on the fun!  Tell him I said thanks!

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
14 hours ago, Splain said:

@spacepup had my name, and he was VERY GENEROUS. Everything was beautifully wrapped and padded; the packages in the picture contained smaller wrapped gifts, all peppered with Nintendo character stickers. I love Game Boy, I'm collecting lots of various subsets, and I'm thrilled to add all this to those collections! Thanks a million spacepup. Wayyy above and beyond.

You are so welcome Splain!  I had a ton of fun shopping and pulling things together for this one!  I should mention...I noticed when putting everything together, that Metroid Classic didn't have the game! eek (sorry about that!).  I figured I'd send along the packaging anyway in case you get the game.  I just didn't want you to go along thinking the game was in there and be surprised later! 🙂

Merry Christmas!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted

Alright, bit late here, but that's alright!

Unsure who exactly my Secret Santa was, hopefully they'll reveal themselves after I post this 🙂

Regardless though, they did a really great job! I got Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker for the Nintendo Switch, as well as a couple really cool little Nintendo scratch-off games from the late 80's. I feel like I remember getting something very similar to those scratch-offs a couple years back, so I wonder if it's the same person again 🤔

Thanks to whoever my SS is, you did wonderfully! 😄

20191225_200500.jpg

20191225_200532.jpg

Edited by ZeldaFreak
Added Pics
  • Like 6

Moderator · Posted
10 hours ago, AstralSoul13 said:

My Secret Santa really went all out! 4 PS1 games, a 3D printed Dark Souls Solaire figure and an awesome custom Dark Souls themed wooden mug inscribed with my username on it! Thank you so much Santa!

IMG_20191226_011350.jpg

It was me! I’m so glad you like them. I went through your previous posts and saw how much you like Dark Souls. The figurine even came with a tiny sword you can lay at his feet 😃

• Like 2

On 12/24/2019 at 9:20 PM, Secret Santa said:

Unfortunately, the USPS decided to drag their feet this year, so despite our best collective effort (and their Santas mailing before the deadline even) @Prime2099 and @SardoNumspar don't have their super awesome gifts under the tree.  😞

The gift I sent arrived at the distribution center, which is literally 20 mins away from my recipient, on Dec 20th and still doesn't show delivered. 🤔

• Like 1

On 12/25/2019 at 2:49 PM, arnpoly said:

I’m not sure who my SS is but I’m very happy with my gifts! All three games are ones I’ve been after, plus I appreciate the candy and love the art! If you see this please let me know who you are.

Thanks to @captmorgandrinker for running the show again! You did an excellent job.

Merry Christmas everyone!

42B61EB9-53DB-44D7-AEB4-113B22418D4F.jpeg

I guess I was your Secret Santa???

I'm glad you like the games. I played a bit of each before sending them off and found myself enjoying Raiden and Star Saver.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Editorials Team · Posted
9 hours ago, spacepup said:

You are so welcome Splain!  I had a ton of fun shopping and pulling things together for this one!  I should mention...I noticed when putting everything together, that Metroid Classic didn't have the game! eek (sorry about that!).  I figured I'd send along the packaging anyway in case you get the game.  I just didn't want you to go along thinking the game was in there and be surprised later! 🙂

Merry Christmas!

No biggie, thanks for mentioning it, I haven't opened it up yet. Thanks again, merry Christmas all, and another thanks to @captmorgandrinker for pulling the strings!

• Like 1

20191226_214505.thumb.jpg.841a99fef270b58aa58614daa5befb4e.jpg

My Secret Santa was Joseph from San Antonio . I don't know his Username on Video game sage. Many thanks to him for the Sega retros Pulseman and Alien Soldier . He also gave me Sega Ali Boxing (CIB) and Pitfall ( CIB ). 

This Secret Santa is a blast. Thank you , Captain.

I had fun making Joe a 2nd gift that will arrive tomorrow. Powder coating made it late . Sorry.

Merry Secret Santa to all.  Jimmy

• Like 5

On 12/25/2019 at 11:43 AM, Murray said:

First I would like to give a big shout out to @captmorgandrinker for pulling off another great year. Hope you enjoyed that Baileys buddy you deserve it. My Secret Santa was also a secret this year and boy did they hit it out of the park! I’m truly amazed at the level of thought that effort went into this gift. I have never owned a comic book before so thank you for making my first extra special!

SS2019.thumb.jpg.eb06e5a1a5576635339fd8b86655c952.jpg

Always a great time hangin' out and drinkin’ whiskey with the Colorado Crew.  @Richardhead @JamesRobot @SuperJimtendo

XMAS2019.thumb.jpg.0291e0d2a87a7382eacd9c82e3fe6bda.jpg

Thanks again Santa! Please feel free to toss me a PM so I can thank you personally. Judging from the liquor store receipt tucked away neatly in the bottom of the bag, you got great taste in booze!

Now if you will excuse me I’m going to fire up the ol PS1 and start playin’ space!

Murray Christmas everyone!

Very happy to see you enjoy your gifts. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My Santa is still a surprise for me but you have out done yourself. Zelda has been my childhood favorite game ever since my father taught me how to play. So this gift hit it right out of the park. I will add these into my collection and keep them forever. The imports help out greatly since I have not started searching for them all yet. Thank you again Santa. 

8B9DE0A4-C767-4800-A223-AF077D72D24E.jpeg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Masterofzelda said:

My Santa is still a surprise for me but you have out done yourself. Zelda has been my childhood favorite game ever since my father taught me how to play. So this gift hit it right out of the park. I will add these into my collection and keep them forever. The imports help out greatly since I have not started searching for them all yet. Thank you again Santa. 

Wow, I forgot how better looking the Japanese box art is for the DS Zelda games.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Scrobins said:

It was me! I’m so glad you like them. I went through your previous posts and saw how much you like Dark Souls. The figurine even came with a tiny sword you can lay at his feet 😃

Yes, I love me some Dark Souls, I have the sword for the figure too, just forgot to put it in the photo. Very awesome of you to do some research into more of my gaming interests! Thanks again for the wonderful SS gifts and hope you had a great holiday!

• Like 2