IGNORED

2019 VGS Secret Santa official reveal thread

Secret Santa

Santa is planning to be several Red Velvet Cupcake Baileys in, so I may pass out before midnight.

Unfortunately, the USPS decided to drag their feet this year, so despite our best collective effort (and their Santas mailing before the deadline even) @Prime2099 and @SardoNumspar don't have their super awesome gifts under the tree.  😞

Neither does @Vectrex28, but you weren't home when the pikemen or whomever attempted to bring you your holiday cheer today.

Reveal your goodies, @ your giver if you would like, post a pic if you can, and enjoy your day!

Thank you to all the participants.

Your 2019 VGS Secret Santa, captmorgandrinker

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Thanks Captain. 
my Secret Santa @? Hooked me up. Couple good GameCube games, that Animal Crossings is actually pretty dang fun. I finally got what that guy on NA was saying about playing everyday. Still wanna know if he kept it up. Anyways he or she also gave me these cool card packs that are like 30 years old. I so wanna open them up😁

0F9D36BE-B92D-4914-8E8E-E1EAA5E5BCC3.jpeg

• Like 8

My secret santa was @NES4EVER and I am so stoked!! The custom controller is awesome!! The clock and goomba are hanging out in my game room and I have plans tomorrow after doing family stuff to have a nes night with my gf and will be playing these first, I remember playing rescue rangers as a kid and it's been forever since I've played it!! Thank you so much again!!

20191129_215316.jpg

20191129_215411.jpg

20191129_215551.jpg

20191129_215730.jpg

20191129_215907.jpg

• Like 10
  • Wow! 1

Shout out to @0xDEAFC0DE for knocking it out of the park! I love the Sfc LTTP box art and can't wait to play through Metroid 2 which I've still never done. It was a great feeling to get such a great trio of games. I might even try to run through mega man before Christmas day is over 🙂 Thank you for kicking off this Christmas with a bang! 

IMG_20191215_111639.jpg

• Like 11

Events Team · Posted

Big THANK YOU to my Secret Santa, @Vectrex28!  The top of my wishlist was "something unique" from one of the resident homebrewers and Vec delivered bigtime with a Nintendo copy of Saturn Smash featuring handwritten greetings and hand drawn artwork.  So dope!

b2gp18u.jpg

Merry Christmas to everyone at VGS from the Colorado Crew.  Had a blast hanging out and opening Secret Santa gifts with @Richardhead, @Murray, and @SuperJimtendo!

EdGUeuJ.jpg

• Like 14
  • Wow! 2

i got an cool letter, four games from my want list (across multiple systems!) and an awesome Mario Kart pin. It's reasons like this that i love the NA VGS Secret Santa exchange better than any x-mas gathering i go to in real life.

Ju0k4gF.jpg

thanks a million to @Mega Tank for hooking me up so much. i hope your holidays treats you as good as you treated me!!

• Like 9
  • Wow! 1

My Secret Santa was @ThePhleo and he really went above and beyond!  He sent me a couple PS1 long box games and a manual I needed as well as my 189th and 190th CIB Nintendo 64 game!  A big thank you for the generous assortment of gifts!  You really knocked it out of the park!  Merry Christmas!!!

IMG_3016.thumb.JPG.8f071e45440eeb582636c157a8529d16.JPGIMG_3017.thumb.JPG.3d9eaca3df2756c9f11b451e471a205d.JPG

Thank you  @captmorgandrinker for organizing this.  This has always been one of my favorite traditions and I know there is a lot of work behind the scenes!

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

My secret santa this year was @Deadeye. He hooked me up with some sweet pokemon stuff including my boy fat Pikachu, which is still hilarious to me even after all these years. He also hooked me up with Pokemon stadium, which I have never actually played, so I look forward to that. Thanks again, this was a very good first VGS secret santa, and thank you @captmorgandrinker for running the show this year. Hopefully you didn't have to break anyone's knees in order to get anyone to ship this year.

20191224_203538.jpg

• Like 10

Administrator · Posted

Thank you @captmorgandrinker for managing this and being a great Santy!  It is really appreciated.

And thank you very much to my secret santa!  I got a nice assortment of ‘Bendy and the Ink Machine’ stuff including the switch game, and some interesting little japanese treats!  

I haven’t played Bendy yet but I love the art style and really have been wanting to try it.  I love the figure and clips also!  

My secret santa really is secret, so thank you very much whoever you are — I appreciate the gifts and your time in doing something nice for me.  I hope you enjoyed your gifts as well and have a great Christmas!

81215A2D-56CD-4672-97CF-549EC762857A.thumb.jpeg.55aa05812b24c1e9e5b8eeb59352187f.jpeg

• Like 11

@spacepup glad you enjoyed it, I forgot to include the letter I wrote in the box, people at the post office wouldn’t retrieve the package once it went to the back, sorry about that. 

My son put together the box for you, though it would be a neat idea to create a mystery theme box, enjoy!! Happy Holidays!!

Edited by Bear85
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1