IGNORED

Homebrew Leader Board Competition 2020-Game 1: 8-Bit Xmas 2018

Scrobins

Homebrew Team · Posted

I am blown away at how high these scores are getting.  I am going to have to really work at it to raise my score.  

12 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Okay, so I can only listen to so much freakin’ Christmas chiptunes. I put a headphone in one ear and listen to music while playing. Hopefully those music nerds from Brocks music rating thread, or whatever it’s called don’t see this, but so far I’ve been listening to Macabre, Rammstein, Parov Stellar, Maroon 5, Bubba Sparxx and Joyner Lucas. Oh, and I hear my girlfriend watching some weird UK baking show downstairs. 
Are you all still listening to chiptune Christmas music or have you made your own skiing soundtrack ? I’m curious to try some new things. Well, as long as it’s not the Beatles, because we all know the Monkees are better😁

I really like the Dominick the Donkey track, but I can see how the listening to the songs for a while can get to you.  I'll probably turn off the music with the select button at some point.  

• Like 1

First 2 million 😉 Bring it @JamesRobot I know I can do better.

How to lose this game: Hit a blue jump. You either can't see your guy flipping or you'll hit something when you land! Arghhhh.

spacer.png

Strategies that don't work:

1. Hitting blue jumps, the devil!
  2. Standing completely sideways and jumping for 500 points at a time. I had an embarrassingly long run of this before I decided it's too slow and ultimately too risky, lol.
Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 3

On 1/9/2020 at 10:03 PM, Richardhead said:

Okay, so I can only listen to so much freakin’ Christmas chiptunes. I put a headphone in one ear and listen to music while playing. Hopefully those music nerds from Brocks music rating thread, or whatever it’s called don’t see this, but so far I’ve been listening to Macabre, Rammstein, Parov Stellar, Maroon 5, Bubba Sparxx and Joyner Lucas. Oh, and I hear my girlfriend watching some weird UK baking show downstairs. 
Are you all still listening to chiptune Christmas music or have you made your own skiing soundtrack ? I’m curious to try some new things. Well, as long as it’s not the Beatles, because we all know the Monkees are better😁

100% turned off the sound and started doing better. I have to get into a tapping rhythm for jumps and the music is distracting!

If you use jumps I can't believe you're hitting 3 million. My runs are probably closer to 5 minutes. Just avoid absolutely everything do fast, precise flips. Don't even attempt to jump if there's something ahead of you. I want to do more runs but it's so hard to press A precisely 4 times in the air so many times for so long! I have to take breaks.

I know it's really late in the contest, but I started late! This is what I've been doing which has been consistently getting me in the 2 millions so far (unfortunately I tapped through the score in a panic so I couldn't take a picture for this run). Getting to 3 million with no errors is real tough.

Edited by DefaultGen

Homebrew Team · Posted

@DefaultGen this is going to sound really stupid, but I had no idea you could do backflips until you posted that video.

It also took me awhile to figure out you need to press A four times very fast to do it, otherwise you die.  

Is this covered somewhere and I missed it?

43 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

@DefaultGen this is going to sound really stupid, but I had no idea you could do backflips until you posted that video.

It also took me awhile to figure out you need to press A four times very fast to do it, otherwise you die.  

Is this covered somewhere and I missed it?

I don't think so, I just pressed all the buttons the first time I played to figure out the controls like it's 1989.

• Like 1

• This topic was pinned and featured
Moderator · Posted

I was about to post my pitiful pitiful score just to be on the board when I realized I used the wrong side of my username card that had my old NA username (an extra 09 at the end). Probably for the best, but in my defense I’m having more fun killing all the other skiers in this mountain who get in my way.

• Haha 1

Moderator · Posted

Yes it’s taken me this long to get even a resounding last place score worth reporting, no I don’t want to talk about it! 🤬🥵😭🥳

edit: now you’re asking, did he update his score with the most de minimis improvement? Is he that desperate? Yes on both counts!

110,091 Skier 

111,081 Skier

127,143 Skier

480,697 Skier

ABD1DF2D-1C85-4475-AF26-1272D75133BF.jpeg

Edited by Scrobins
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1