IGNORED

VGSanta - What's Your Wildest Wishlist Item?

Graphics Team · Posted

A question for all the VGS'ers on Santa's Nice List:

What would be the ultimate, fantasy wishlist item for your collection? A prototype of your favorite game? A crazy custom console? Rare production artwork? A mint sealed game?

For me it would probably be a fully-licensed arcade machine with all my favorite games or a universal ROM-cartridge dumper to archive my collection.

VGSanta.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A question for all the VGS'ers on Santa's Nice List: What would be the ultimate, fantasy wishlist item for your collection? A prototype of your favorite game? A crazy custom console? Rare product

I would take the original planning sheets for Super Mario Bros. 

One of these:

Posted Images

Every variant of every poster, flyer, map, registration card, and other inserts for every NES, SNES, Game Boy, and Game Boy Color Game. . . in every region. Would really save me two decades of time that I estimate it will take me to archive them all.

That, and a CIB Stadium Events, and a NWC Gold...I’ve been chipping away at a NTSC/PAL-A/B set for a while now and NTSC-US Stadium Events is the only one that I will never be able to justify purchasing no matter how much money I have. ESPECIALLY when the two PAL versions are so cheap by comparison.

Member · Posted

I’m a simple man. The original art for the sword used on most of the American Final Fantasy games. I assume it was painted on a cel because it is the exact same sword art on Final Fantasy Adventure, Legends II & III, Final Fantasy II & III.  I’d give up my entire collection and start over for that one item.

• Like 1

Also, even though it doesn't have the same nostalgia as the SNES kiosk, I was lucky enough to play one of these a couple of times
a few years back when the Pinball Wizard was still open, and while it has way less going for it than the Playchoice-10, it is an extremely cool launch item and must be rare

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

This is probably the coolest thing I've seen on this site. I never knew Nintendo had an output solution for the original Game Boy.

Yeah these kiosks were in department stores and especially Toys R Us in the Early to Mid 90s and I was always mesmerized by the green screen as a kid. There is a standup version too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, trj22487 said:

Yeah these kiosks were in department stores and especially Toys R Us in the Early to Mid 90s and I was always mesmerized by the green screen as a kid. There is a standup version too.

The green screen is beautiful. If you could get one of these and wire up an easier to use controller, this would be a dream come true.