IGNORED

VGS - Online "Netiquette"

fsped09

Moderator · Posted

Fellow VGS'ers, 

We know that everyone is excited about VideoGameSage, and saddened about the path that NA took. But going back on NA and posting spam or shitting on NA is a bad idea. Its not what VGS is about, and quite frankly it makes us all look like a bunch of jerks. If you don't like NA anymore, thats fine. but changing your username to a profanity, or spamming NA on behalf of VGS is not okay. 

This is NOT an "us vs them" situation. The vision of NA changed, the admin/mods did everything we could to maintain that vision, and it just didn't work out. So VGS was born. We at VGS want to be a positive force in the gaming community. That should extend outside of VGS as well. 

Please have better "netiquette" (noun INFORMAL the correct or acceptable way of communicating on the Internet), when posting on NA. You're free to say what you think, but don't be the person just spamming. Thats not acceptable, and its not what we want VGS to be about. Use better judgement going forward please. 

Remember, we all share the same passion for gaming, so lets leave the negativity behind and make this the best place we can for all gamers!  

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

As with every NA related post it’s important to tread lightly and remain positive. That we’re all here right now is a clear indication of our feelings towards the other site and there’s no need  to kick a man when he’s down.

Also, I'd like to coin the term Sage Rage™for anyone who rants about the other site!

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted

I have a lot of love for the community and history that was established on NintendoAge.  I still read old threads and relish how everything developed.  I will remain as long as I can still see the old threads.  

But I really like my new shiny thing.  You guys did an awesome job.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Dave glad you showed up. Please use VGS as a place for your sachen/famicom resources. 

Hahaha Corey I love you, thanks for all the time and effort you've put into VGS thus far.

I'm excited to post some content or blog articles here, though of course I'll tone things down quite a bit from how NA Dave did 😉

• Like 1

Yeah, I wont be spamming on NA anymore. It was fun though! 🤭

I will, however, continue to actively guide members on the old forum to this new one. I will just try to do so in a less dickish manner, lol! 😅

EDIT: Actually screw it, I won't even bother doing that. Just gonna be a great bloke around here instead.

EDIT 2: Just literally signed out of NA for the last time. Will not be going back, official.

Edited by OptOut

2 minutes ago, PapaStu said:

Welp, just went over only to see that NA is now throwing up a 503 error. It appears that she's gone folks.

This isn't the first time I've seen 503's in the past few weeks. I wouldn't call it yet. You're seeing a Cold Fusion 503, which means the server is actually producing it.

Edited by barrels

21 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

I was getting 503s an hour or two ago, a little later it worked, and now it's back to 503s. So probably just struggling, not fully gone.

Writhing in agony, won't somebody please put it out of its misery, lol!

Such a dignified end to a classic site, RIP NintendoAge...

Administrator · Posted
11 minutes ago, Estil said:

"us versus them"?  I was under the impression that the NA forum would be gone completely after the end of them month?  Hence why we're now here.

Who knows for sure.  They have stated they will be transferring and making a new site on a different platform.  Maybe it will happen, maybe it won’t, who knows.  To be clear, VGS was in the works long before we found out about the NA server issue.

12 minutes ago, Estil said:

"us versus them"?  I was under the impression that the NA forum would be gone completely after the end of them month?  Hence why we're now here.

We're not sure what is going to happen. GoCollect is going to revamp the other forum, but what that will entail, nobody knows.

There's a lot of rumors going around and you probably got one of them.

30 minutes ago, Estil said:

We created VGS because we wanted a place where community input matters. A place that isn't run by a company that just wants to leverage our passion and knowledge for profit.

They have said they are going to keep NA going on a new server, and I believe them.  What it will look like I don't know, and even more important IMO is what kind of support will it get after it is launched?  My hunch based off of everything we have seen so far, is no support.  

As I have said multiple times before, no one wanted it to come to this but I believe VGS will prove a worthy successor, and be a place we will be happy to call home. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ookii_risu said:

I liked this site more than NA the minute I got on. First and foremost the community, and second of all how easy the site is to use, the like buttons... Just love everything.

Buttons, clean, functional AND ez image uploading as well. No more vintage!

• Like 1

I like this thread quite a bit, at least as an attempt to be respectful of NA.  One thing I'll mention that might get a lil heat, is that while everyone is bothered by corporate America, not many folks seem bothered that Dain essentially took a sledge hammer to the foundation of NA when he sold it swiftly and quietly.  He could have been more open to the community, whom seemed open to potentially purchasing and taking the reigns over.

I really think the various negative vibes against NA's new owners are a tad bit out of line - they are a business unfortunately and someone handed them the keys.  Yes, the NA foundation was cracking a bit under Dain, but I get the "Jesse driving away maniacally in the Breaking Bad finale" sense with Dain's sale :(.

I hope NA's new owners do make it a nice shiny place, and I'll happily live on both sites until I cannot.

• Like 1

Subscriber T1 · Posted
5 minutes ago, Boosted52405 said:

I like this thread quite a bit, at least as an attempt to be respectful of NA.  One thing I'll mention that might get a lil heat, is that while everyone is bothered by corporate America, not many folks seem bothered that Dain essentially took a sledge hammer to the foundation of NA when he sold it swiftly and quietly.  He could have been more open to the community, whom seemed open to potentially purchasing and taking the reigns over.

I really think the various negative vibes against NA's new owners are a tad bit out of line - they are a business unfortunately and someone handed them the keys.  Yes, the NA foundation was cracking a bit under Dain, but I get the "Jesse driving away maniacally in the Breaking Bad finale" sense with Dain's sale :(.

I hope NA's new owners do make it a nice shiny place, and I'll happily live on both sites until I cannot.

I somewhat agree, but in Dain's defense the sale was for everything video game related that he owned, which included NA. I doubt the sale would have gone through if he had  taken NA off the table.