IGNORED

US Xbox Collecting Lists and Information

DefaultGen

7 hours ago, Ghkilla805 said:

Great list! I actually just joined the forum because of it. I recently started collecting for Xbox again and it’s a great guide. Luckily I’m only going for the CE/LE/SE games, black label games, and unique games such as the combo packs/Ph combo packs. Going for the variants and preorder bonus stuff would hurt my brain too much lol

Edit: Also, you list Silent Scope Complete in the bundles section, is there any version that actually comes bundled with the game? Ive only seem the gun bundle that says software not included on the box 

Hey thanks for the catch. That was definitely an error. Good luck with your goal! I agree once you start going down the rabbit hole, it basically become endless. How far along are you?

For the collectors edition stuff, I’m only missing the amped limited edition( cause I didn’t know it existed but there’s a lot on eBay), Batgirl commemorative edition, and the scorpion version of Mortal Kombat Deception. For the actual black label games, nowhere close lmao. I’ve gotten basically all the rare ones out the way, but still have about 700 common games to go since I wanted to knock out the harder stuff first

15 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Hey thanks for the catch. That was definitely an error. Good luck with your goal! I agree once you start going down the rabbit hole, it basically become endless. How far along are you? 

20 hours ago, Ghkilla805 said:

Just been reminded by another collector that technically And 1 Streetball has a Special Edition too, although it’s another one that’s real common and not expensive. 

I actually just picked it up a month or so ago

20200801_134231.thumb.jpg.ee8dc91846d65dd2af9214e03ee81ef5.jpg

20200801_134225.thumb.jpg.7c4c3711e4f86e5acf16c141aa82fc34.jpg

The mixtape DVD is cool but way too short.

Just noticed defautgen has it under variants and I think that's probably for the best because it's not that special.

Edited by drxandy

Yeah, the variants section is not great compared to the endless flood of variants on Xbox. When I started documenting Xbox stuff I thought I could document everything, and it took me about a year before the Dunning-Kruger effect kicked in and I realized I can't document anything.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 5:46 PM, Ghkilla805 said:

Great list! I actually just joined the forum because of it. I recently started collecting for Xbox again and it’s a great guide. Luckily I’m only going for the CE/LE/SE games, black label games, and unique games such as the combo packs/Ph combo packs. Going for the variants and preorder bonus stuff would hurt my brain too much lol

Edit: Also, you list Silent Scope Complete in the bundles section, is there any version that actually comes bundled with the game? Ive only seem the gun bundle that says software not included on the box 

Variants are fun...but definitely painful

• Like 1

18 hours ago, drxandy said:

I posted these in my pickup thread but I wanna share em here too because they're neat. Found in my paper stash, got these way back when as part of the Xbox retailer program. 

Part of the "retailer program" you say?  You know more about the Retailer Reference Guide?  Looks like those papers came out of there.  I just recently picked up one and it's pretty damn cool.

tPP

@thePiratePimp ooo noice they totally are! I got them from the retailer prize store, after taking quizzes on Microsoft products you could use the points to get extremely discounted games and merch and when you ordered they would slip in one of these copies of the binder sheets. I worked at gamestop for a season to get access, it was sweet getting brand new games for like $10 or less a pop.

On 8/15/2020 at 6:10 AM, drxandy said:

@thePiratePimp ooo noice they totally are! I got them from the retailer prize store, after taking quizzes on Microsoft products you could use the points to get extremely discounted games and merch and when you ordered they would slip in one of these copies of the binder sheets. I worked at gamestop for a season to get access, it was sweet getting brand new games for like $10 or less a pop.

oh wow, that's really cool man.  didn't know you had to put in so much work for them.  Great bit of knowledge, thanks man.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Man I am not keeping up with all the cool original Xbox stuff. This is something I saw today though that's probably worth saving in the thread. Sealed PH PotC. Not a "real" Platinum Hits but some of you wild and crazy kids like these almost-Platinum Hits variants/errors.

Update: It was opened to peek inside and has a black label disc.

45GNEmn.jpg

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, tbone3969 said:

How rare is this?  Mine isn’t sealed unfortunately.

Uncommon enough to be interesting IMO. Big box stores wouldn't carry it, only cool retailers used those stickers and you can only find it on used games or sealed games, because obviously any stickers on the shrink wrap are gone. If there's literally one roll of stickers out there, someone could make 100 more of them, so I wouldn't pay crazy money, but I sure have one for PS2 and Xbox that I found with saved searches 🙂 

Two sealed copies on Xbox sold for $600 recently which is B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Edited by DefaultGen

9 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Man I am not keeping up with all the cool original Xbox stuff. This is something I saw today though that's probably worth saving in the thread. Sealed PH PotC. Not a "real" Platinum Hits but some of you wild and crazy kids like these almost-Platinum Hits variants/errors.

45GNEmn.jpg

Definitely cool finding these or the PHs with green cases.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 12:05 PM, DefaultGen said:

45GNEmn.jpg

Haha Yea that was me who ended up buying it. I have another sealed Platinum Hits black label on the way but not as cool since it’s Amped which already has a real Pltinum Hits version 

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, xtremegamer said:

I looked over the Regular Platinum Hits list a couple times, so hopefully I am just not overlooking it, but it appears this is missing from the list:

Pac Man World 2

Fairly easy to find on Ebay if anyone is looking for one.

Thank you for the catch! When I was organizing the lists I pulled out Pac-Man World 2 which was incorrectly on some Platinum Family Hits lists (afaik) and I must have pulled it off the regular PH list as well. There's even a picture of it already in the thread!

Edited by DefaultGen

• 7 months later...
On 7/24/2021 at 5:50 PM, CrippleThreat8 said:

Hey! Thanks for making this list. Have found it very helpful. I wanted to let you know I recently bought the Platinum Hits version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance, so I think it can be added to the list. The images are too big for me to attach, but you can also find listings on eBay.

Thanks so much for catching that. There's even already a picture of it in the images in the thread! I tell everyone the best way to fix all the wrong stuff in your lists is to post it online.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/17/2019 at 5:51 PM, DefaultGen said:

OXM Demos

Official Xbox Magazine 1-64 have OGX demo discs.  These come in cardboard sleeves or slimline DVD cases. At some point (#58?) they switched over to plain white sleeves, correct me if I’m wrong. None of them are really uncommon, but you don’t see the very earliest ones quite as often IMO.

Official Xbox Magazine "Inside! Playable Xbox Game Demos, See The Games In Motion, See for yourself!" disc. Cardboard sleeve. Extremely rare. I only put this last to not mess up the numbering. Presumably it's from the preview issue of OXM.

I just want to confirm demo disc #58 was the last cardboard colored sleeve. I know some subscribers started receiving white sleeves around #56 and #57, I had a friend at the time get a white sleeve at #56 and then a cardboard colored sleeve #57 the next month. 🤔 Maybe at the end, it was limited and randomized on who received what? #58 also has slightly different font and I think design from the previous cardboard sleeve.

As for the cardboard sleeve with preview issue cover art. In my particular situation it came with the magazine. Happened to me twice, issue 4 and 12. Maybe a replacement sleeve for running out of normal cardboard sleeves for that particular month? Anyone's guess is as good as mine.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Maverick
  • Thanks 1