IGNORED

Big one off the list !! One to go

Graphics Team · Posted

Nice!!! Here's a game truly deserving of its good reputation! Funny that you'd end up getting the NTSC version from Belgium, where I'd think collectors would be much more satisfied with the PAL version. 

Have you played it yet? It would be great to hear your thoughts on such a milestone game for your collection.

-CasualCart

18 hours ago, CasualCart said:

Funny that you'd end up getting the NTSC version from Belgium, where I'd think collectors would be much more satisfied with the PAL version. 

The game is PAL "optimized" and not really playable in 60hz, so it's definitely a game you want in NTSC.

Given the price difference however, I'm fine with settling for my PAL copies...

Edited by Sumez

Graphics Team · Posted
7 hours ago, Sumez said:

The game is PAL "optimized" and not really playable in 60hz, so it's definitely a game you want in NTSC.

I hear you on that - I settled for a PAL copy as well, but playing it isn't an issue for me since my clone system has a region switch. 

-CasualCart

On 12/9/2019 at 12:24 PM, Sumez said:

Admittedly only played the PAL copy but the game does run super well. The soundtrack seems a bit sped but is the actual gameplay? And should the answer be 'yes', does that mean it's better as a result? I don't know about that one.

Yeah, both aspects of the game was sped up. So if you've been playing on an NTSC/US console, both the game and music has been running faster than "intended"! 🙂

To be fair, it's actually a well handled optimization, and for the sake of a European release at the time, it was the best way to handle it, making it one of the few cases where the European audience weren't swindled. In retrospect, for collector purposes, it's annoying that I need to pull up a PAL console to play the game "properly", rather than popping it into my RGB modded US Top Loader 🙂 

Edited by Sumez