IGNORED

Black Box Challenge

a3quit4s

15 minutes ago, Raftronaut said:

I felt very very confused by the combat system in this game,  I got so frustrated on my first attempt that I set it down and never came back to it. Is there any sort of PDF manual or combat instructions available anywhere? I sure would like to give this game another shot...

You have to go to the Dojo to learn about combat. Go to the 41:15 mark in this video.

16 hours ago, Raftronaut said:

I felt very very confused by the combat system in this game,  I got so frustrated on my first attempt that I set it down and never came back to it. Is there any sort of PDF manual or combat instructions available anywhere? I sure would like to give this game another shot...

Weird combat is a staple of Rob's games, but after you take a few minutes to figure it out it feels SO GOOD. Like, you'll want more and more of it. It's really a cool feeling when your brain finally understands and you can function on instinct alone.

18 hours ago, Orab Games said:

You have to go to the Dojo to learn about combat. Go to the 41:15 mark in this video.

That is helpful! thanks! 

1 hour ago, KHAN Games said:

Weird combat is a staple of Rob's games, but after you take a few minutes to figure it out it feels SO GOOD. Like, you'll want more and more of it. It's really a cool feeling when your brain finally understands and you can function on instinct alone.

Yeah, I don't doubt that at all, which is why I've been wanting to give this one another shot. 

Thanks for the hints, hopefully this will put me on my way 😉

Edited by Raftronaut

1 hour ago, zi said:

INL has the warning "NOTE! This game utilizes 4-screen mirroring which is not compatible on most clone consoles. High end clones such as the AVS & NT should support."

Anyone play this on an AVS? it cool?

High end clones? Hahaha. I'm guessing this would run in all the late 80s / early 90s Famiclones too? Most likely the disclaimer should be read as, " This game won't work on NOAC machines." ? Or is there something that makes the AVS more high end than my Micro Genius?

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

High end clones? Hahaha. I'm guessing this would run in all the late 80s / early 90s Famiclones too? Most likely the disclaimer should be read as, " This game won't work on NOAC machines." ? Or is there something that makes the AVS more high end than my Micro Genius?

They're pretty obviously referring to modern clone consoles. We get it dude, you collect weird Chinese stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Gloves said:

They're pretty obviously referring to modern clone consoles. We get it dude, you collect weird Chinese stuff. 

Hahaha. I just found the phrasing of "high end clone" to be very very amusing ;). I almost feel like there's some what of a snobbery of sorts, and it always makes me chuckle when people post these disclaimers, and then the carts run perfectly fine in one of my clones, which aren't nearly as weird or obscure as what everyone would like to believe.

I don't want to go off on a tangent here, I'm gonna start another topic.

Administrator · Posted
Just now, fcgamer said:

Hahaha. I just found the phrasing of "high end clone" to be very very amusing ;). I almost feel like there's some what of a snobbery of sorts, and it always makes me chuckle when people post these disclaimers, and then the carts run perfectly fine in one of my clones, which aren't nearly as weird or obscure as what everyone would like to believe.

How dare you be jovial about this serious business! Frickin weaboo!

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 1:15 PM, fcgamer said:

I don't think "high end" is meant to be snobby. The AVS and NT could both considered "high end" because they cost a lot more than a $50 NOAC clone.  Cheap systems give cheap results. I think most people understand this.

22 hours ago, Scrobins said:

Related image

I just mean if you are to compare stuff that's readily available on the market right now. An FPGA system is obviously more high-end in both cost and performance to a cheaper, mass-produced console that you can grab on Amazon. That's who the warning is for. If someone wants to play on a chip-for-chip 1993 Taiwanese Famiclone, they likely know more about the quality of their own system than anyone else. For the rest of us though, these are edge case scenarios. 95% of everyone else just wants to know if it'll run on their Retron or Retro Trio.