IGNORED

Street Fighter 5: Champion Edition - Coming Feb. 2020

Teh_Lurv

Capcom announced last week the third (and most likely final) edition of Street Fighter 5: Champion Edition. The big selling point of this edition is it will come bundled with all* the DLC released by Capcom up until Feb. 2020, for $30. That includes:

• 40 characters
  • 34 stages
  • Over 200 character costumes

CE will also include a new gameplay mechanic (possibly more to come) and undoubtedly new balance changes. People who own the Vanilla or Arcade Edition will get all the game-play updates, but can update their copy to CE ($25 right now until release) to unlock all the DLC they're missing and get further DLC and characters for free until Feb. 2020.

With Street Fighter V reaching the end of it's lifespan, CE will probably be the 'complete' edition for players who like GOTY editions will all extra content.

(*Except for Capcom Pro-Tour DLC, special event sponsor DLC, & in-game lootbox items)

Edited by Teh_Lurv

18 hours ago, Rooster said:

I always wanted to get into Street Fighter, but the barrier to entry feels so high.  I just get stomped any time I play vs people, and spending hours in training mode practicing combos and analyzing frame data feels like a total drag.

I used to be the one that did the stomping, in the 90s.  After the hot mess which was the horribly imbalanced mess of AI #4 had I was too put off to even consider buying SF5 especially when it launched with only part of a game and nothing of value unless you were a hardcore online player more or less.   I'm a little tempted at $30 to try this, but given it surely won't end up on the Switch I'll probably just blow it off.

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I used to be the one that did the stomping, in the 90s.  After the hot mess which was the horribly imbalanced mess of AI #4 had I was too put off to even consider buying SF5 especially when it launched with only part of a game and nothing of value unless you were a hardcore online player more or less.   I'm a little tempted at $30 to try this, but given it surely won't end up on the Switch I'll probably just blow it off.

I've had some people offer to teach me how to play, but I guess I've been too put off by the playerbase.  It kind of feels like one of those games where the people who play it are the people who have played it forever.  Kind of like FIFA or Madden or MTG, except in MTG I'm the one smacking people.

Yeah that's what I saw, even when I was looking into how the SF4 online modes went and it was a bunch of pros and armchair wannabe pros who just played all day like they had a pocket full of quarters and nowhere else to be.  To me that's as much of turn off as the losers on FPS games that play hours a day, squat, and ruin the fun for others trying to get into it while being complete tools on mic.