IGNORED

Disc Golf

drxandy

Anyone else into disc golf?

I have been playing for like 13 years casually, there are a ton of courses in my state so I have been lucky to take advantage. It's super nice to be able to take a day trip and explore a new course.

My bag lately:

Drivers and fairway/ Innova: katana, wraith, sidewinder, leopard(many leopards)/ discraft: thrasher, mantis, vulture, undertaker

Mids and putters/ discraft: buzz, meteor, roach / lat64: sinus

• Like 2

2 hours ago, drxandy said:

Anyone else into disc golf?

I have been playing for like 13 years casually, there are a ton of courses in my state so I have been lucky to take advantage. It's super nice to be able to take a day trip and explore a new course.

My bag lately:

Drivers and fairway/ Innova: katana, wraith, sidewinder, leopard(many leopards)/ discraft: thrasher, mantis, vulture, undertaker

Mids and putters/ discraft: buzz, meteor, roach / lat64: sinus

I also play casually and have many of the same discs in my bag. Such an awesome hobby.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SuperJimtendo said:

I haven't gone to throw in a few years at this point but it was a big part of my life for a while. 

Yeah I used to go far more than I have lately, prob only went out like 25 times this year total. I was looking at my bag this morning thinking about how I should go out but ended up doing errands. Life, man.

59 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I’m totally awesome at it

in Golf Story

Dang then you are doing gooood, it took forever for me to get the hang of it down. Love that game, any tips for the final match? (I'm stuck but figured I just needed to grind it out)

Edited by drxandy

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2019 at 2:10 PM, jonebone said:

@wrk is big into it.

A smidge 😉

Here’s my YouTube channel - www.youtube.com/thedisceye.

Haven’t uploaded anything in a while, but I post frequently on my IG and FB pages /thedisceye.

Game is so much fun and I’ve loved getting I to the collector scene.  If any of you visit East TN and want to throw a round shoot me a message!

3980C9AD-A937-4F78-B014-DA0ADC49302C.jpeg

Edited by wrk
Photo
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...

Can't wait to get out next week. Not sure why disc golfing was ever closed in the first place. 🤷‍♂️

I'm an extremely casual player. I use this holiday set from Amazon and always have a great time. My brother plays pretty often and he said these are actually decent discs. Not sure if they are in a different bundle now, but I felt like I got a great deal.

• Like 1

Woo! I have been out a few times over the last few weeks and it's been so nice to get out in the sun and soak it up.  @DoctorEncore From what was pictured i'd say yeah looks like a nice variety of disc types, if anything I would add a fairway driver because those are all pretty powerful discs and it's nice to have something with a little more control. I'm partial to innova leopards but there's so many. Otherwise just feel them out and you'll know what to use for different shots after flinging em.

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Disc golf ain't a bad time. I just found out about something called "Soccer Golf" where you kick a soccer ball up the course and the holes are sized to fit. You still start off from a starting tee and it's all still shots as in regular golf. I feel like that's gonna end up being the non mini golf I like best.

12 minutes ago, MachineCode said:

Disc golf ain't a bad time. I just found out about something called "Soccer Golf" where you kick a soccer ball up the course and the holes are sized to fit. You still start off from a starting tee and it's all still shots as in regular golf. I feel like that's gonna end up being the non mini golf I like best.

Our local golf course experimented with this a few years ago. They called it foot golf, and had separate "tee" and "green" areas off to the side of the regular tees and greens. The only hole-in-one of my long, sucky golf career occurred when one of my errant tee shots landed in the foot golf cup next to the regular green. I still say it counts, dammit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/9/2020 at 5:24 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Can't wait to get out next week. Not sure why disc golfing was ever closed in the first place. 🤷‍♂️

I'm an extremely casual player. I use this holiday set from Amazon and always have a great time. My brother plays pretty often and he said these are actually decent discs. Not sure if they are in a different bundle now, but I felt like I got a great deal.

Nice, those are pretty decent discs, the only problem you may ever have is if they get beat up, dx plastic doesn't always hold up the best.  

Can't go wrong with a firebird or a wraith. 🙂

• Thanks 1

I use to live about 20 minutes from Rock Hill, SC and worked their. About 6 months before we moved a good ways away from that area, I was able to play at a course maintained by Winthrop College which was (at least at that time) where world championships were hosted. I didn't get to play much since I basically started at the end of summer and when the weather cooled down, we just had a new born... And we then moved shortly after that.

I'd like to get back into it but for me it's mostly a social sport. But, now my "new born" is 6.5yo and my daughter is 9, so I guess I can start tagging them along. I'll have to see what's available in my area. Me and my son actually started throwing a frisbee for fun last week. He's actually really good naturally. I mean, he's better than me. At about 30" from me, he can throw the disc perfectly to me about 80% of the time. I might have a phenom on my hands.

His older sister, though... Well, let's just say he must be so great because he leeched any skills she might have had.

Edited by RH