IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Tournament Final Round - Balloon Fight

BeaIank

On 11/25/2019 at 10:17 AM, bertsampson said:

Nah, I just rolled it once, and I'm in the Great Northwest, so 1AM for me.  The problem here is that even if I did roll the score multiple times, the pics would all look about the same.

They don't look the same without the old NES Sharp TV. Did it get retired?

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

They don't look the same without the old NES Sharp TV. Did it get retired?

The Sharp NES TV was on hiatus for awhile with a busted game load tray.  I have since replaced it with one of them Blinking Light Win or whatever they're called.  But, since moving, the game room is just a bunch of boxes and probably won't change much until next summer.

Just now, 8bitdontquit said:

Should give him gloves or californications,  slots, since they aren't using them.  Back up contestant.    

Eh, I'd rather that any back up contestants be people who participated in the weekly contests. I hope Butthead participates next year.

2 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Eh, I'd rather that any back up contestants be people who participated in the weekly contests. I hope Butthead participates next year.

Yeah, I got asked by Bimmy to fill in as a backup contestant during the 2014 tournament and it just created a bunch of issues after the fact. 

12 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

We all know your skills are soft, but you didn't have to start selling jerseys to advertise it!

That’s ironic coming from a guy who’s turning 75 years old! 

it’s sad when you have to watch a guy who used to be ok at something hang on too long after his skills have diminished and the game has passed him by 😢

1 minute ago, skinnygrinny said:

That’s ironic coming from a guy who’s turning 75 years old! 

it’s sad when you have to watch a guy who used to be ok at something hang on too long after his skills have diminished and the game has passed him by 😢

I'm not sure how my skills diminished when I retired at the top of my game a champion like John Elway. You're like Dolph Ziggler is to Shawn Michaels. Even with me retired you were still a second rate BCD!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

Skinny snub 2019! 
bert gets lineup catered to him!

btw not only do you have to win regular ballon fight you have to max ballon trip! What a fix! 

As I do enjoy all three of these games, it wasn't the case at all last year.  I had only played the first level or so on Ninja Gaiden III, and I outgrinded the grinder and won the championship.  I posted up my scores early for a couple reasons.  First, I'm going out of town Friday morning, and won't be back until Monday.  And B, Balloon Trip is so easy, I just wanted to make sure I was first to show the maxout score.  Enough with the bellyaching.  Get to grinding!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

As I do enjoy all three of these games, it wasn't the case at all last year.  I had only played the first level or so on Ninja Gaiden III, and I outgrinded the grinder and won the championship.  I posted up my scores early for a couple reasons.  First, I'm going out of town Friday morning, and won't be back until Monday.  And B, Balloon Trip is so easy, I just wanted to make sure I was first to show the maxout score.  Enough with the bellyaching.  Get to grinding!

Congrats on the win champ! See ya on the team next season!

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

I must be doing something really wrong with Balloon Trip if it's easy.

25 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

You got it champ. Ole tapie had to give you  a shot in the ribs. The grinder sees now. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

You got it champ. Ole tapie had to give you  a shot in the ribs. The grinder sees now. 

I'm sure Le Champion didn't even feel that shot. Now you see that next year you're in for a world of pain like it's 2013. Meme kid is gonna be a meme when you look like the guy from Excitebike weeping in the corner next to the guys on the podium!

4 hours ago, mbd39 said:

I agree, besides I am not doing super well XD . I participated in some of the first contests, but since I was largely inactive these past 2 years in NA I did not even try.

On 11/25/2019 at 9:05 AM, arnpoly said:

This is funny, I'm also playing Balloon Fight this week.  My local FB retro group is running a contest on Balloon Trip this week with a cash price.  (BTW, I just figured out that money is a motivator to keep me competing, go figure!)  I got 110K last night but it looks like I've got a ways to go to catch Mr. Sampson! 😄

If I could hit 100k by the end of the week I would be happy. I've barely played Balloon Fight, but my scores so far have been awful. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

If I could hit 100k by the end of the week I would be happy. I've barely played Balloon Fight, but my scores so far have been awful. 

100k is easy. I really like this game but have never really played it all that much, and I have never played the trip mode until last night. Super fun. I know I’m not in contention for anything but I’ll put my all in this week because of how fun this game is😁

8 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

100k is easy. I really like this game but have never really played it all that much, and I have never played the trip mode until last night. Super fun. I know I’m not in contention for anything but I’ll put my all in this week because of how fun this game is😁

It's extreeeeeeemely addictive. This is the kind of game that I can play compulsively.

• Like 1