IGNORED

Rich aka Rareusgoldon Pawn Stars

Braveheart69

Asked a million dollars... 

Hey Deniz.   Come by the pawn shop.   We need you to appraise an item that’s owned by your investor and the company that sells your games..

wasn’t Deniz on camera A year ago saying it was worth 30-40k?

Edited by Rman
  • Like 4

I’m starting to think Wata is trying to make money or something.

Sarcasm aside, in their defense it’s scripted television. Pat Contri did the same stunt with his NWC carts.

I imagine it’s the same in other collectible hobbies where you see them walk in with “holy crap” level items just so casually.

• Like 1

It was entertaining but not a serious attempt at a sale.  

I don't mind the price estimate as it "feels like" north of $250k at the moment in my personal opinion.  I agree that you don't try to pin down the exact value of it, you set a floor and have no idea where it would actually wind up.

Stickers have been down as a whole since summer though, but this is the one game that probably would buck the trend because it's a 1 of 1 and *the* game from the set.

But yeah... enough of this game already. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jonebone said:

It was entertaining but not a serious attempt at a sale.  

I don't mind the price estimate as it "feels like" north of $250k at the moment in my personal opinion.  I agree that you don't try to pin down the exact value of it, you set a floor and have no idea where it would actually wind up.

Stickers have been down as a whole since summer though, but this is the one game that probably would buck the trend because it's a 1 of 1 and *the* game from the set.

But yeah... enough of this game already. 

Rumor has it there has been a $300K offer on it. 

I don't have cable but can't wait to find a bootleg clip of this 😛 It's funny that Rick's buddy to call is Deniz from Wata yet he "doesn't know enough" about Mario. I know it's just infotainment, but I wonder how many similar ridiculous scripted encounters there are on Pawn Stars in hobbies I'm not familiar with now.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I don't have cable but can't wait to find a bootleg clip of this 😛 It's funny that Rick's buddy to call is Deniz from Wata yet he "doesn't know enough" about Mario. I know it's just infotainment, but I wonder how many similar ridiculous scripted encounters there are on Pawn Stars in hobbies I'm not familiar with now.

All of them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Yeah the assessments given by gun guy and book girl are now instantly worse.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rman said:

Where did this 10k printed number come from.??

Dk gloss was 8 months after launch....  

they were not in the “test market” 8 months after launch....   they only printed 10k smb matte and gloss in a year of printing and sales?

Howard Phelps...

And, yes, they were in the test market 8 months after launch. 

Edit - PHILLIPS 🤓

Edited by ExplodedHamster

This just takes the shenanigans of hype to a comical level (pun intended). 

If he really wanted to know the value of the WATA game, then he needs to talk to a collector expert who tracks the values of games in sealed (graded and non-graded) to give a proper analysis. Not talk to the person who grades the games..

It’s like me wanting to know the price of a rare coin, I speak to the coin collectors, not the people who produced the coins.

5 minutes ago, GPX said:

This just takes the shenanigans of hype to a comical level (pun intended). 

If he really wanted to know the value of the WATA game, then he needs to talk to a collector expert who tracks the values of games in sealed (graded and non-graded) to give a proper analysis. Not talk to the person who grades the games..

It’s like me wanting to know the price of a rare coin, I speak to the coin collectors, not the people who produced the coins.

FWIW I'm sure Deniz has more copies of Super Mario Bros than 99% of people here 😜

9 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

FWIW I'm sure Deniz has more copies of Super Mario Bros than 99% of people here 😜

Don’t get me wrong, I can tell Deniz seems the type to know a lot about sealed games. The point really is about different fields:

- understanding sealed games and grading scores

- understanding price evaluation 

Seeing a few current sold prices doesn’t mean you’re a price expert, you need to take into account global sales from past data as well. Also one can argue that there will likely be confirmation bias from a WATA marketing angle.