IGNORED

Lock please

Goodvibes

Thanks for the input, I do have one of these but more beat up, no inner top flaps and punched, good amount of shelf and edge wear but still has the gloss sticker seal on it.

But that’s not the one I’m speaking of, I have a really nice mario bros arcad, the blue and silver cover not super mario bros. I think that’s where the confusion of first print vs second came in with jonebone. Per the wata guide mario bros arcade was released and first print is the gloss seal which I have.

I haven’t seen any recent sale data on it but I was imagining it to be north of 1k but I could be wrong. I will follow up with pictures next weekend hopefully.

I also have a pretty nice popeye gloss sticker seal which I think is first print on that also. It too is unpunched.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goodvibes said:

Thanks for the input, I do have one of these but more beat up, no inner top flaps and punched, good amount of shelf and edge wear but still has the gloss sticker seal on it.

But that’s not the one I’m speaking of, I have a really nice mario bros arcad, the blue and silver cover not super mario bros. I think that’s where the confusion of first print vs second came in with jonebone. Per the wata guide mario bros arcade was released and first print is the gloss seal which I have.

I haven’t seen any recent sale data on it but I was imagining it to be north of 1k but I could be wrong. I will follow up with pictures next weekend hopefully.

I also have a pretty nice popeye gloss sticker seal which I think is first print on that also. It too is unpunched.

Ah correct. I assumed Super Mario, gloss is first on Mario Arcade. If very nice it would definitely be a 4 digit item but pics are everything on these. One person's definition of nice may not grade as high as you would think on the Wata scale.

2 hours ago, Goodvibes said:

I knew which game you were referring to. Unfortunately, as you mentioned, there are no public sales for sticker seal Mario Bros anywhere. I just linked that SMB auction because I suspect buyers will price it similarly.

I think what you have is actually way cooler than SMB and could be in the 4-5k range if it's mint. It's actually a harder to find than SMB and if your auction received good exposure, bidding could explode. But to be realistic, I'd still guess 1-2k for very good quality box and 3-4k for mint box.

But in this market, who knows? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Edited by DoctorEncore

@jonebone - agreed on each persons opinion, I know it’s not mint but it’s pretty good condition off the top of my head without seeing it.

@DoctorEncore - ok was just making sure, I happened to see that smb gloss sticker auction a night or two ago when I was searching for pricing. Made me wonder if I should just sell my smb gloss sticker even with it being pretty worn, would still probably pull in $500-1000 lol. Like I said above I don’t think the arcade is mint by any means but it’s not all beat up like the ones that pop up all the time on the bay. I always strived for unpunched and good condition if I could.

• 11 months later...
  • The title was changed to Lock please