IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Tournament Round 2 - Excitebike

BeaIank

14 minutes ago, Tablew/chairs said:

The points are so skewed toward the third round getting first or second doesn’t even matter you just need to win last week 

1st(20)+1st(20)+2nd(40) is 80 

2nd(18)+2nd(18)+1st(45) is 81

1st 1st 2nd shouldn’t lose to 2nd 2nd 1st 😕 

and what if me or you come in like fourth while the other wins? Stick a fork in it it’s done unless it’s a totally choke job in the last round. 

7 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

There wasn’t anybody in my neighborhood that didn’t know that one! Lol 

btw how you do in Popeye 90k+? 😉 

No idea! I never tried playing one loop of Popeye for a high score. I might try to play along just for fun this week though. Trying not to wreck in six straight races is tough although Track 5 seems to be the only one you really need to make it through crash free to finish first. It's about as tough as the final track in Rad Racer as far as not giving you much room for any mistakes.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

and what if me or you come in like fourth while the other wins? Stick a fork in it it’s done unless it’s a totally choke job in the last round. 

Since my scores don't count anyway here's a no crash Track 5 time to shoot for. I wish I couId have gotten it under a minute, but this is the best I could do on the spot.

1118191011~2.jpg

31 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

I’m not complaining cause I won this week I was just pointing out in our scenario it makes no difference its really the same as last year to be champion you’ll have to win the final game

Events Team · Posted
42 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

If 1st 1st 2nd didn't lose to 2nd 2nd 1st then the tournament could be defined on the second week and the final game would be meaningless.

BESIDES...
There will be an evil and dastardly twist to the scoring system on the last week. MWAHAHAHAHA!
Guil and I are so evil.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tablew/chairs said:

I’m not complaining cause I won this week I was just pointing out in our scenario it makes no difference its really the same as last year to be champion you’ll have to win the final game

I’m not complaining either.

buuut lol Ya I’d like to see consistency rewarded more, rather than luck. Still awarding some luck in the third round this way. 
id say 1st, 1st, 3rd should trump. 

33 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

If 1st 1st 2nd didn't lose to 2nd 2nd 1st then the tournament could be defined on the second week and the final game would be meaningless.

BESIDES...
There will be an evil and dastardly twist to the scoring system on the last week. MWAHAHAHAHA!
Guil and I are so evil.

im just saying if your sitting on two wins you shouldn’t lose the tournament to a one win 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by skinnygrinny

Events Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

@BeaIank I see what you mean 1st, 1st could potentially define the winner of the tournament before round three. 

but if we can’t hang with 1st, 1st in the first two rounds should we still have a shot at the title? 

Only if the same person took 2nd and 2nd in the other weeks.

If it was 2nd and 3rd, then it is still open to fight.

And as I said, there will be a twist to how the points will be awarded in the last round.
There is still 45 points for the 1st place to take, but it won't be that easy.

• Like 1

might enter just for this week because of all the games I could play but never beat, this game WAS easy after a while and that was something I liked to see every now and then as a kid--me actually "winning" a game.  To be clear, that was getting low scores.

It does get boring after a while though, so other than popping it in an NES to watch it run again, I don't think I've played this game seriously in nearly 30 years.  Might be fun to see where I stand.

11 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

You don't have much time to get a pic between races. I'm glad I'm playing on emulator because that can be paused at any time. For those playing on real hardware be ready to take the pic.

While I'm not anti-emulator, this is an unfair advantage. You'd be doing things to the game that isn't possible on a physical console. Since the rules are as they are, part of the challenge this week will be capturing these damn pics.

• Like 1

Just now, barrels said:

While I'm not anti-emulator, this is an unfair advantage. You'd be doing things to the game that isn't possible on a physical console. Since the rules are as they are, part of the challenge this week will be capturing these damn pics.

I agree, but if getting the pics is such a burden, you could also just video record your gameplay, then play it back and take pics from the video.  I've never used this technique before, but I may seeing the number of pics needed for this run.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, barrels said:

Agree, that's a good point.

35 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

You don't have much time to get a pic between races. I'm glad I'm playing on emulator because that can be paused at any time. For those playing on real hardware be ready to take the pic.

You can pause the game right after you clear the finish ramp and get ready to take your picture on the podium screen.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

I agree, but if getting the pics is such a burden, you could also just video record your gameplay, then play it back and take pics from the video.  I've never used this technique before, but I may seeing the number of pics needed for this run.

Im going to be recording gameplay this week. 

Events Team · Posted
5 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You can pause the game right after you clear the finish ramp and get ready to take your picture on the podium screen.

4 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Okay this is very nice to know. This had me worried.

Yeah, thanks for pointing this out Doug, I added the info in the OP.

Also, we can thank that finish time for not flashing on the podium screen, man do I hate when score/time flashes on the screen, and you take like 5 pics in a row, but all of them in a moment the score/time flashed out😫.