IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Tournament Round 2 - Excitebike

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Ladies, gentlemen, I hope you are all READY FOR HOT TWO WHEELERS action!

This week the MIGHTY TWELVE will tackle Excite Bike to prove who is the fastest and the best of the lot. The best get the crown, the rest eats dirty.

Here's the rules for this exciting week:

• Play on Selection B
  • Play all 6 races in a row (this includes the track 1 qualifying run)
  • Take a picture at the podium screen for each race. Make sure you pause the game right after the finish line to be ready to take your pic at the podium screen! Also, power off the NES between runs to reset the best time of all tracks!
  • If you finish 4th or higher at a race which prevents you to complete all 6 races, add  20 minutes for each of the remaining races to your total time
  • You have a short time to take your picture at the podium screen. It is a good idea to record it then capture a screen from the video footage
  • Lowest time wins

May the fastest racer win!

The contest ends Sunday, 11/24/19 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
1st bertsampson 6:17:29
2nd Tablew/chairs 6:34:39
3rd skinnygrinny 6:38:48
4th Richardhead 6:47:25
5th JamesRobot 6:50:61
6th 8bitdontquit 6:52:55
7th SuperJimtendo 8:12:52
8th Ausden 26:14:78
9th mbd39 46:34:02
10th barrels  
10th Californication  
10th Gloves  
Off- Competition Scores  
--- buttheadrulesagain 7:01:38
  • Like 1

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, JamesRobot said:

I assume we throw away the time for the first qualifying race? 

I have an open discussion to finish with Bea about rules and this is one of the topic. You guys are going to play it all week long, so I'm not sure why we should throw it away of the lot. Stay tuned.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Looking forward to giving this one a try. I hope it's not one of those games with a super steep learning curve for those who didn't grow up with it.

It's not a very difficult game. Since everyone is playing on Selection B, the toughest part will be trying to get a good time while avoiding the computer bikers who mainly just get in the way instead of trying to race you. If you haven't ever played it, you might want to practice the tracks on Selection A without the computer bikers to get the hang of each track before making your actual run. 

6 hours ago, guillavoie said:

I have an open discussion to finish with Bea about rules and this is one of the topic. You guys are going to play it all week long, so I'm not sure why we should throw it away of the lot. Stay tuned.

I don't think there's a difference other than making you race the same course twice in order to advance on to the next when playing the full game. In the arcade version, the qualifying race was like Selection A without any other racers and if you beat the qualifying time, you would race the same track again with the other racers like in Selction B. I don't know why they didn't stick to that for the NES version.

47 minutes ago, Tablew/chairs said:

I didn’t own this growing up and really only ever played it once

Same Tables. Only purchased the cart about 5 years ago and that was only to complete my black box set. Have never put more than 5-10 minutes into the game.

you also brought up a good point and please bear with me on this. I noted during a practice run that after each race it shows the race number with your time and rank. Let’s say you finish outside of the top 3 and it’s game over. I assume we start the whole thing over but we are able to use our best times for each of the 5 races?

so let’s say I finish first on the first 3 races but then 16th in the 4th race. Can I start the whole thing over and on my second run if I get 1,2, or 3rd on the 4th race...use that time? Or must we only submit entire one-run times?

Edited by Ausden
My spelling stinks

Events Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, Ausden said:

so let’s say I finish first on the first 3 races but hen 16th 4th race. Can I start the whole thing over and on my second run if I get 1,2, or 3rd on the 4th race...use that time? Or must we only submit entire one-run times?

On 11/16/2019 at 5:09 PM, BeaIank said:

If you finish 4th or higher, add 20 minutes for the race you failed to finish and 20 more for each of the remaining races to your total time

One run at a time.  So you would add 20 minutes each for tracks 4 and 5.

57 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Here's a tip that I didn't even know until a few years ago. If you drive over the small arrows on the track it will lower your temperature meter which will keep you from overheating if you can hit all of them and get you some really good times on your runs.

Get this fucking share bear outta here he’s not even in the competition for crying out loud. 

Edited by skinnygrinny
  • Like 1

Events Team · Posted

Okay, rules have been changed to avoid adding too much time for not finishing 1st at every races. Track 1 qualifying run will count to the total time.

Also, take note that this is meant to be done through continuous run only, so you must take all 6 races time done in he same run, and not combine times from different runs.

You only have to add 20 minutes to your time for the races you can't complete if you've been disqualified before the 6th race.

2 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

fuuuuuuu chairy gonna win again this week and I’m not to good at excitebike. 

The points are so skewed toward the third round getting first or second doesn’t even matter you just need to win last week 

1st(20)+1st(20)+2nd(40) is 80 

2nd(18)+2nd(18)+1st(45) is 81