IGNORED

Dyer's Collection-Asian Mega Drive/Sega Dreamcast & Other Random Stuff!

dyer

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2020 at 11:31 PM, GPX said:

What's the next venture? 🙂

Great question! I think I'm going to continue hunting a few of the PAL Asian Mega Drive games that have eluded me, the variants with PAL artwork and manual but Japanese style carts.

Also still searching for 3 PAL Wii U games (limited editions) that I need to complete the set.

Other than that just stuff I come across 😉

Edited by dyer

• 4 weeks later...

A few more things from the Asian Mega Drive collection, what do you collect when you are struggling to find Asian releases? Well buy a factory case of Asian games! This is a box of 6 Mega Games 1, fun fact: the manuals didn’t fit inside the cases so were packed separate, they also have the distributer stickers from Game Galaxy in Thailand.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by dyer
  • Like 6
  • Wow! 1

• 2 weeks later...

One of my fav Mega Drive games of all time, love its whimsical nature and the co-op game play, it just so happens to have 3 variants in Asian (not Japan or Korea) regions, one with English text on the rear of the artwork and the “Asian Version” sticker, one with multi language artwork, similar to the Euro release and one with a Japanese front label cart and English rear sticker. Oh the joy of Asian collecting.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

4 hours ago, fcgamer said:

@dyer Very nice pickups. It's funny about the Mickey game, it's one of the few Asian versions (along with Asian Sonic 2 and Asian Sonic 3) that I've seen appear also as a bootleg.

Cheers! Yes it got widely bootlegged for some reason and in both shape carts i.e. Euro and Japanese, I suppose to cater for both types of market in Asia. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2020 at 6:04 AM, dyer said:

A few more things from the Asian Mega Drive collection, what do you collect when you are struggling to find Asian releases? Well buy a factory case of Asian games! This is a box of 6 Mega Games 1, fun fact: the manuals didn’t fit inside the cases so were packed separate, they also have the distributer stickers from Game Galaxy in Thailand.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for that tidbit with the manuals packed outside the game case. I’ve always wondered how they ever fit properly inside the case! Lol

• Thanks 1