IGNORED

Dyer's Collection-Asian Mega Drive/Sega Dreamcast & Other Random Stuff!

I thought I would take the chance to share a few pics of my collection, I have scaled down over the years but still have a passion for the really obscure and I am always trying to find and document new Asian Mega Drive releases as well build my collection of random bits and bobs. As well as sharing my collection I will add pics and details of my new pick ups as and when I get them!

So to start my PAL Asian "Gold Logo" Mega Drive collection, the 27 known releases, all complete in box with manuals (oh and the games below are all Asian releases as well):

9Uda99Th.jpg

1pzL5hGh.jpg

BIj3gT5h.jpg

iw3AWCRh.jpg

ZtiEqGLh.jpg

Jcb4A32h.jpg

A couple of "NTSC" sticker variants:

MH0Cv4Qh.jpg

Blue Box (artwork) Asian:

VMrFrgGh.jpg

Some "NTSC" and "PAL" sticker variants:

spacer.png

Teal (artwork) Asian:

sA0txA5h.jpg

Asian sticker variants:

spacer.png

Sega Genesis Asian games:

spacer.png

Official Chinese Asian releases:

spacer.png

Only for sale in Asia variants/Japanese box and manual English text label on rear of the cart: (Cadash is a hybrid between a US and Japanese version)

spacer.png

Some McDonald's Mega Drive/Genesis love:

RKgLAHLh.jpg

Rare "GOTY" Global Gladiators Genesis variant:

oXIYuClh.jpg

bfBb7rRh.jpg

More to come..........

Edited by dyer
  • Like 18
  • Wow! 1
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought I would take the chance to share a few pics of my collection, I have scaled down over the years but still have a passion for the really obscure and I am always trying to find and document ne

Finally after 5 years of searching I picked up The Adventures of Batman and Robin and completed the Mega Drive Asian “Teal” sub set!!!! Boy am I happy today.......

Added this thanks to a trade with @OptOut, big thanks!    I had to have it as its an Asian release (although I may be going down a rabbit hole), anyway genuine Asian NTSC Mega-CD version of The

2 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I really like this collection too. So many obscure and rare items. I've been casually collecting these as I found them (well primarily the NTSC counterparts) but they just don't show up here often!

Cheers dude.

Still building the "NTSC" sticker variants, I have few and I am aware of others, would you mind sharing a list or pics of what you have to help build the knowledge base of what exists?

• 2 weeks later...

Some random PAL Variants (English only Soleil-Scandinavian/Young Indiana Jones-Sample/Thunderforce II-Scandinavian)

spacer.png

Love these. 

The TF II artwork was changed at the last minute as the original European version was deemed to threatening.

Young Indiana Jones never got a Euro/PAL release but “Sample” version artwork to promote the game did make it to shelves. No surprise it got canned it’s bloody awful!

Soleil is an unknown variant, it has the print “English Version” on the the front of the Artwork but a very random catalogue number.

Edited by dyer
  • Like 2

One of my all time favourite items.

A copy of Ristar and original letter stating that is was won as a prize in a Weetabix competition. Weetabix is a UK breakfast cereal. There was a whole promotion with Sega in the 90's with the top prize being a 32X and a Mega Drive II.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by dyer
  • Like 3
  • Wow! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some of my Dreamcast consoles:

spacer.png

spacer.png

We have:

1. My Sega Sports console is my daily player, has a universal BIOS and mod chip installed, look great throuh VGA on a big CRT.
2. An Asian model with official Yellow Crystal lid, my back up unit which I have set up via HDMI
3. A unique "White Illusion" Dreamcast which was given away as a prize in a radio competition, the graffitti is a mixture of autogarphs and slogans from the voice actors of the game.
4. Partners Dreamcast with paperwork.
5. Sega "Customer Service Centre Sample"-This was used by Sega in their service centre for testing etc, also came with a load of paperwork which was used when customers would send in consoles for repair and service.

Edited by dyer
  • Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Welcome to VGS!

Play, Make, Collect.

Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

Join the conversation!

• Similar Content

• By FireHazard51
      So a few weeks ago I found out about the Goonies had a LEGO "game" created for their LEGO Dimensions platform.  I've played LEGO games before so I was familiar with them and had to look at some game play to see if they did a good job of creating the game.  After just watching an intro of the game where they did the movie intro in LEGO form I was sold.  I bought the "level pack" of Goonies and looked into the other expansions they have.
      So now I'm getting deep into collecting for the whole platform because LEGOs were to me what NES gaming was to a lot of you guys.  Sure I had an NES growing up but honestly I probably spent more time playing with LEGOs as a kid than gaming.  As an adult I don't get the same enjoyment as I did when I was a kid.  But I still have a soft spot for LEGOs which marries well with the LEGO Dimensions franchise.  I was just course to see if any one else collects for this now dead platform or has some experiences to share of it.  I think I missed the big discount pricing of LEGO Dimension but I'm still finding some decent buys.  Nothing too expense that I can't see eventually buying.  But like regular LEGOs once something gets discontinued the prices start to pick up.  It's cool how LEGO shows what specific LEGO blocks have been discontinued as either they were made specific for LEGO Dimension or other LEGO sets that may of used them are also discontinued.
      Anyway I just remember see this on the selves in the stores and writing it off as a cash grab and not actually worthwhile.  The whole thing seems to be 80% based on 90's kids so I'm looking forward to some tailor fan service for cash.  As I play the games and stuff maybe I'll do a blog review.
    • By dewisp02
      Hell, let's expand it to cover anything Wii U kiosk related... a one stop shop if you will. Below the table is where you can find additional information, such as what TVs can be used to replace the OEM Lynx monitor, a list of demo discs, etc.. If you have information not listed in here, please let me know so I can incorporate it into this post. 
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      The purpose is to collect a list of users that have one of the popular Wii U Demo Kiosk units. 
      If you own one and want to be on the list... post your info below...
      If you want to receive the "Kiosk" Award, we are going to have to see pics (with your NA name in the pic). 

Legend for the table:
      *1Lynx Monitor --       :*(   broken / damaged monitor
      *2Back Advertising --  W: White background with grey/blue Wii U logo
                                             B: Mario Maker, Pokken Tournament, Splatoon (Black bar across bottom)
                                             R: Pokken Tournament, Mario Maker, Splatoon (Red Nintendo logo box at top)               
                                             K: Mario Kart 8
                                             MM: Mario Maker 
      *3Documentation --    S: Setup/Assembly Documentation
                                            C-I U: Cat-I Update Instructions
                                            R: Removal/Disassembly Documentation
                                            GSMKI: Gamestop Wii U INTV Graphics WUPM12SP Mario Kart 8 Kit Installation Instructions (Includes Wii U Floor Interactive Graphic Replacement Procedure - PN80010 Rev. A)
                                            MKPB: Mario Kart 8 Test Drive Days Playbook.
                                            N: None
      Last Updated: 03/18/21  8:02am (VGS time)
      # Name Member Serial # Model # Gamepad  Wii Remotes  Demo Console  Lynx Monitor*1  Monitor Bezel  WiiU LED Sign  Original High Security Key  Subwoofer  Wrench  Back Sign*2  Papers*3  Interactive Demo Discs 1 Kacy Cariaso   #1619                           2 David Campos   #446                           3 Bob Wiscott   #719B8                           4   dewisp02  #1517 WUPM128P-WUP N N N Y :*( Y Y Y Y Y Y R, GSMKI, MKPB Nov 15 5 Paul Solo   #478 or 479                           6 Stefan Ortego WinnersDontUseDrugs #592B8 NOA-U-GS WUPM128P-WU N N N ? Y Y Y Y ? ? ? ? 7 Katie Faul   #963                           8 Myles Lee Biedrzycki   #292                           9 Jason Kelley   #653                           10 Darrin Peloquin   #407                           11 Jeremy Van-Scoy   #468                           12 Haitham Sameer Abdel-Rahman   #1152                           13 Kingsley Alexander   #881                           14 Kingsley Alexander   #1006                           15 Jared Smith Ared37 #4726   N N N N Y Y N Y Y Y N   16 Matthew Schalk SNESNESCUBE64  #646 WUPM128P-WU N Y N Y Y Y Y Y Y R R   17   Nicbball22 - - N N Y - - - - - - - -   18 Justin Steimer Silverspoon #1336   N N  N  N Y  N  N Y N Y N N 19   necroking #332 WUPM128P-WUP N N N Y Y Y Y Y ? Y N  N  20   ProtonX     Y - - - - Y - - - - - - 21   XYZ                             22 AD adalton1985  #551 unknown N Y N N Y Y N Y N Y N   23 SimplyRetroGaming  Live_Fr0m_NY 775B8  WUPM128P-WUP N N N N Y Y N Y Y N N N 24 Keith Kamikawa KAMIKAWA #474B8 NOA-U-GS WUPM128P-WUP N N N Y Y Y N Y N Y N N 25 Rebekah Golden Ghostly #1307 WUPM128P-WUP N N N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y N N 26   Otraotaku #1491 WUPM128P-WUP N N N N N Y N N N N N N 27 Andrew Lynch megamanfan #1040 WUPM128P-WUP N N N Y Y Y Y Y Y ? C-I U 101446 Dec 14, 0100872 Nov 14 28   shipwrecked missing ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 29   acromite53  #618B8 WUPM128P-WUP N N Y Y Y Y Y Y ? R N N 30 Adam Prentice toltecnightmare #649 WUPM128P-WUP N N N Y Y Y N Y N Y N N 31 Mr E ninjistar #950B8 NOA-U-GS WUPM128P-WUP N N N Y Y Y Y Y Y N N N 32 Han han2 #275B8 WUPM128P-WUP N N N Y Y Y N N Y Y N N 33 DeuceGamer DeuceGamer #4183 WUPM128P-WUP N N N Y :*( Y Y N Y N Y N May 15, Aug 15,
      Nov 15,
      Mar 16 34 GlaciusPrime GlaciusPrime #309 WUPM128P-WUP N N N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y N N 35 David Qualls DQ187 ? WUPM128P-WUP N N N Y Y Y N Y Y Y N N 36 D Williams Dragonight #1437 WUPM128P-WUP N N N N N N N N N N N N 37   TDIRunner #331B8 WUPM128P-WUP N N N N N Y N Y N N N N 38 Anonymous anonymous #765 WUPM128P-WUP N Y N N Y Y N N Y N N N 39 Clint Gibbs cgfeelit 559B8 WUPM128P-WUP N N N N Y N N N N Y N N 40 ? ? #4032 WUPM128P-WUP N N N N N N N N Y Y N N 41 ? ? #696 WUPM128P-WUP N N N Y :*( Y Y N Y Y Y CI-U May 15,
      Oct 15 42 ? ?   WUPM128P-WUP N N N N Y N N Y Y Y N N 43 ? ? #686 WUPM128-WUP N N N Y :*( Y Y Y Y Y Y N N 44 Angelo Person aperson94 #922   N N N Y Y Y N Y Y Y N N 45 Kylie D. Kyliemale #4060 WUPM128P-WUP N N N N Y Y N N Y Y R N 46 Theron Moustakes theronm #1549   N N N Y Y Y Y Y N Y N N 47 Pete Andy_Bogomil #4797   Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y N Y N N 48   Retrosteve #4032   N N N ? Y Y Y Y Y R C-I U May 15 49 William MunsonRoyE #1585  WUPM128P-WUP N N N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y N May 14,
      Dec 14,
      Aug 15 50 Matt Phillips Puppywaffles  #301   N N N N Y Y Y Y N Y N N 51 Nathan Pritchard ToxicNova11 #394b8 wupm128p-wup N N N N Y Y Y Y Y Y ? ? 52   Nostalgia_Collectors #4129 WUPM128P-WUP N N N Y Y Y Y Y Y W, B, R N N 53 Melanie Lei Mel+Link #36 (Mftd Date: 10/08/2012) WUPM128P-WUP N N N N Y Y N Y Y ? R N 54   blue2dead #625B8                           55 D. Hadfield Hadde #1100  WUPM128P-WUP N N N Y Y Y Y Y N Y N N 56 Tom Vogel iyouwas #146 WUPM128P-WUP N N N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y N N 57 Ed Mandy Flavor #523 (10/08/2012) WUPM128P-WUP N N N Y Y Y Y Y ? ? ? ? 58                                 59                                 60                                

TV/Monitors known to be direct drop-in replacements: (Please include Make, Model #, and resolution info).
      - VIZIO D32f-E1 1080p 60Hz LED Smart HDTV (out of 5 staWalmart #: 555124166)
      Most 32" LCD, LED TVs will work if deshelled. The drop in option(s) above are claimed to fit without deshelling. I personally have deshelled three 32" LCD TVs and 1 LED TV with success and using the cheap mounting brackets available at Walmart. 

Replacement AC Adapter: (barrel size is OD 5.5mm / ID 2.5mm) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ZZY28M/ref=oh_aui_deta...

List of Wii U Demo Discs: (If any are missing from the list, please let me know).
      -January 13: 79883 (disc) / 79877 (sleeve)
      -March 13:
      -June 13:
      -August 13: 81854 (disc)
      -October 13: 82215 (disc) 
      -February 14: 
      -March 14: 83178 (disc)
      -May 14: 83575 (sleeve) / 83402 (disc) 
      -August 14: 100148 (disc)
      -November 14: 100885 (sleeve) / 100886 (disc) / 100872 (disc)
      -December 14: 101446 (disc) / 101440 (sleeve) / 101493 (kit)
      -March 15: 
      -May 15: 102078 (sleeve) / 102079 (disc) / 102091 (disc #1/2) / 102405 (disc #2/2) / 102409 (kit)
      -August 15: 102811 (sleeve) / 102812 (disc) / 102835 (kit) 
      -November 15: 103291 (sleeve) / 103292 (disc) / 03294 (kit - KIT, CAT-I UPD NOV'15 WUP-USA-GS-PT)
      -March 16: 103770 (sleeve) / 103771 (disc)
      -October 16: 104570 (sleeve) / 104571 (disc) 
      -Pikmin 3 Event RTL CANUSA: 81641 (disc)
      -Pikmin 3 POST RTL: 81642 (disc)

List of Back Advertising: (If any are missing from the list, please let me know).
      -White background with grey/blue Wii U logo
      -Mario Maker, Pokken Tournament, Splatoon (Black bar across the bottom)
      -Pokken Tournament, Mario Maker, Splatoon (Red Nintendo logo box at top)
      -Mario Kart 8
      -Mario Maker

List of Paperwork/Documentation: (If any are missing from the list, please let me know).
      -Setup/Assembly Documentation
      -Cat-I Update Instructions - (PN82952-I)
      -Cat-I Partial Content Update Instructions - (PN82952-G_Instruct_Install_Cat-I_Partial_RTL)

-Removal/Disassembly Documentation
      -Gamestop Wii U INTV Graphics WUPM12SP Mario Kart 8 Kit Installation Instructions (Includes Wii U Floor Interactive Graphic Replacement Procedure - PN80010 Rev. A)
      -Mario Kart 8 Test Drive Days Playbook. Consists of the following:
             -Mario Kart 8 Test Drive Days Playbook
             -Nintendo Wii U CAT-I Content Update Instructions - PN79886-D Instruct, Install CAT-I Update RTL)
             -Mario Kart Retail Demo Flow

How to pair a gamepad to demo console: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-t...
      Kiosk Gamepad Disassembly (Youtube: DCModstuff)
      DCModstuff, if you are not ok with this being posted here, please let me know. I could not find any contact information on your youtube channel to ask for permission. 
    • By wallmasterr
      (UPDATE)
      DEMO NOW AVAILABLE! play it here.
      https://lowtekgames.itch.io/tapeworm-disco-puzzle

Hi,
      I ran a successful Kickstarter to make Flea! a new NES game 
      Now were back with a new Kickstarter launching soon for a spin off sequel called Tapeworm Disco Puzzle.
      Its a puzzle game mixing elements of Snake and Lolo set in the Flea universe. 
      I'l add the demo and more info when its available.

Heres the Kikcstarter Coming soon page:
      https://tinyurl.com/TWNES
      Heres the First trailer:

Team :
      Alastair Low - Art and Game Design
      Valdir Salgueiro -Programming
      Tuï -Audio

What do you think?

• By billybob884
      Greetings all!
      I'm a Sega Genesis collector and only a hair's breadth away from a full CIB North American set. All I'm looking for now is a copy of Normy's Beach Babe-O-Rama, specifically one with a good condition manual (a better condition box would be nice too, but the manual is the key part). If you have one and are willing to part with a copy, or have any leads on one, please let me know!

I'm willing to pay fair market price (negotiable) or to work out a trade from my growing collection of Genesis extras (I have a lot of stuff I'm in the process of selling off, most are complete & in good condition, inquire for better pics):

(N.A. residents are preferable for trades, international is always a hassle 😉)
      Thank you for helping a fellow collector!

EDIT: Nevermind, found one!
    • By snesmaster
      The Nintendo Experience Wii U Kiosk Topper: I may have the only one that has not been destroyed. That is only because I had a friend that worked at Best Buy tell them they were taking it out to the dumpster but instead gave it to me.
        This is from the 2013 E3 Event that was held at 89 Best Buy stores in the USA and 21 Best Buy stores in Canada. The Event is known as The Nintendo Experience - Only at Best Buy! The idea behind it was to bring E3 to the masses. Long lines formed at the stores that held this event. This sign stood on top of the Kiosk they used at the event!
      There are many news articles out there as well as YouTube videos from this event. The display I am selling can be seen in the videos and News Articles. I can't even begin to imagine what this might be worth. Any help figuring out a price would be great!  I am taking offers on this.
        If anyone can prove me wrong and there is another one of these that survived please let me know.

Website with information about the event along with lots of photos of this display being used at an event along with some of the famous people that attended the event.
      https://www.marios-hat.com/2013/06/the-best-buy-nintendo-e3-experience-in-pictures/

YouTube Video showing the display:

Photos of the Display I am selling: