IGNORED

Dyer's Collection-Asian Mega Drive/Sega Dreamcast & Other Random Stuff!

dyer

I thought I would take the chance to share a few pics of my collection, I have scaled down over the years but still have a passion for the really obscure and I am always trying to find and document new Asian Mega Drive releases as well build my collection of random bits and bobs. As well as sharing my collection I will add pics and details of my new pick ups as and when I get them!

So to start my PAL Asian "Gold Logo" Mega Drive collection, the 27 known releases, all complete in box with manuals (oh and the games below are all Asian releases as well):

9Uda99Th.jpg

1pzL5hGh.jpg

BIj3gT5h.jpg

iw3AWCRh.jpg

ZtiEqGLh.jpg

Jcb4A32h.jpg

A couple of "NTSC" sticker variants:

MH0Cv4Qh.jpg

Blue Box (artwork) Asian:

VMrFrgGh.jpg

Some "NTSC" and "PAL" sticker variants:

spacer.png

Teal (artwork) Asian:

sA0txA5h.jpg

Asian sticker variants:

spacer.png

Sega Genesis Asian games:

spacer.png

Official Chinese Asian releases:

spacer.png

Only for sale in Asia variants/Japanese box and manual English text label on rear of the cart: (Cadash is a hybrid between a US and Japanese version)

spacer.png

Some McDonald's Mega Drive/Genesis love:

RKgLAHLh.jpg

Rare "GOTY" Global Gladiators Genesis variant:

oXIYuClh.jpg

bfBb7rRh.jpg

More to come..........

Edited by dyer
  • Like 18
  • Wow! 1

2 hours ago, drxandy said:

Nice stuff man!! I love the McDonald's titles, never knew so many variants.

Thanks. I know right, plus there are still a few more that I need. The Game of the Year variant is my favourite, as far as I can tell it never got a retail release.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I really like this collection too. So many obscure and rare items. I've been casually collecting these as I found them (well primarily the NTSC counterparts) but they just don't show up here often!

Cheers dude.

Still building the "NTSC" sticker variants, I have few and I am aware of others, would you mind sharing a list or pics of what you have to help build the knowledge base of what exists?

• 2 weeks later...

Some random PAL Variants (English only Soleil-Scandinavian/Young Indiana Jones-Sample/Thunderforce II-Scandinavian)

spacer.png

Love these. 

The TF II artwork was changed at the last minute as the original European version was deemed to threatening.

Young Indiana Jones never got a Euro/PAL release but “Sample” version artwork to promote the game did make it to shelves. No surprise it got canned it’s bloody awful!

Soleil is an unknown variant, it has the print “English Version” on the the front of the Artwork but a very random catalogue number.

Edited by dyer
  • Like 2

One of my all time favourite items.

A copy of Ristar and original letter stating that is was won as a prize in a Weetabix competition. Weetabix is a UK breakfast cereal. There was a whole promotion with Sega in the 90's with the top prize being a 32X and a Mega Drive II.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by dyer
  • Like 3
  • Wow! 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some of my Dreamcast consoles:

spacer.png

spacer.png

We have:

1. My Sega Sports console is my daily player, has a universal BIOS and mod chip installed, look great throuh VGA on a big CRT.
2. An Asian model with official Yellow Crystal lid, my back up unit which I have set up via HDMI
3. A unique "White Illusion" Dreamcast which was given away as a prize in a radio competition, the graffitti is a mixture of autogarphs and slogans from the voice actors of the game.
4. Partners Dreamcast with paperwork.
5. Sega "Customer Service Centre Sample"-This was used by Sega in their service centre for testing etc, also came with a load of paperwork which was used when customers would send in consoles for repair and service.

Edited by dyer
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...