IGNORED

#PCMasterRace

Gloves

Administrator · Posted
Events Team · Posted

That PC build is beautifully amazing man, but the real question is can you run Popeye on it?

Nice specs BTW, you should be fine gaming with that beast for a while! Man do solid state drives have come down in price lately, I bought a 256gb like a year ago and I slightly paid under what you paid for 1TB. Should have waited a little I guess.

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

That PC build is beautifully amazing man, but the real question is can you run Popeye on it?

Nice specs BTW, you should be fine gaming with that beast for a while! Man do solid state drives have come down in price lately, I bought a 256gb like a year ago and I slightly paid under what you paid for 1TB. Should have waited a little I guess.

Ugh, yeah, SSD prices lol. I remember paying like $200 for a 120gb.

784223581_2019-11-7mygamingstation.thumb.JPG.e0fdfbb132a7ea6f5e65c45ab43b6f1d.JPG

HP 15-f272wm

Processor : Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3540 @ 2.16 GHz 2.16 GHz
Installed memory (RAM) : 4.00 GB
System type : 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Pen and Touch : No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display
Hard drive : 500 GB (452 GB actually usable)

I know, it's not quite the impressive system, but hey, I can play Popeye, thank goodness for that, that I can play the old emulators (NES, SNES, Genesis, GB) though not so well full screen, and while it can sorta do N64, it struggles a little. Oh, and hey, VGS (Video Games Sex... err, Sage)! And got internet, pretty much got everything right there.

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
16 hours ago, MeganJoanne said:

HP 15-f272wm

Processor : Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3540 @ 2.16 GHz 2.16 GHz
Installed memory (RAM) : 4.00 GB
System type : 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Pen and Touch : No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display
Hard drive : 500 GB (452 GB actually usable)

I know, it's not quite the impressive system, but hey, I can play Popeye, thank goodness for that, that I can play the old emulators (NES, SNES, Genesis, GB) though not so well full screen, and while it can sorta do N64, it struggles a little. Oh, and hey, VGS (Video Games Sex... err, Sage)! And got internet, pretty much got everything right there.

If you can play Popeye on it, this is a good machine in my book (especially this week).

I have to jump start my laptop, found out the ribbon going from the power button to the motherboard was merely taped in place beneath the power button and came loose, and some of the metal things flaked off of it so I tore the ribbon from the touch pad and put that in it's place though because it's not perfect, if my laptop turns off for whatever reason have I touch the free end to a piece of metal, and vroom-vroom, starts up. Well actually not usually right away, sometimes takes multiple tries. I was worried a couple nights ago of frying my computer doing it to many times because it was being stubborn and shutting off the instant it was on. It's a piece of shit, got it used last year, but not really too much worse than brand new laptops, they all got issues at some point with one thing or another. I might not have really good computer knowledge but at least was able to rig it to work. But for now, I can play Popeye (not intending to but Ican if I want) as well as so many thousands of other games. And I have internet, if I didn't have that I wouldn't even know what to do, my window to a larger a world.

Here's my PC. I don't really care about LED lights and all (the window faces the wall anyway), just noise. I have a 2080 Ti and 3700X but that's just a placeholder for the 3950X whenever I can get one. I wanted a 3900X which I would've been happy with but gave up after months of searching.

I haven't been blown away by modern games yet. I played the new COD, it was OK. I played the new Forza Horizon, it was OK. I play Rocket League sometimes but certainly don't need a gaming PC for that. It's a video editing beast until I find my new jam. Or you know, Runescape and NES emulators.

I've had this gaming laptop for the last 5 years, was the first in a generation of nvidia chips where the mobile version only took like a 10% hit from the desktop chipset too which is why it still works great for things.  I can handle the last generation and the outgoing one now with games at full quality at a 1080p level.

Clevo/Sager PC and it's one of those DIY things where each part can be popped out like a desktop for easy upgrades.

i7-4710MQ @2.5ghz stock(3ghz in games) - 16GB of RAM, NVIDIA GTX980M w/8GB OF RAM (equals a 970 desktop) and has a 1TB SSD inside, came with a HDD originally but nothing but trouble.  I've got a blu-ray drive installed into it, and it could take up to another 2 (remove optical 3) drives on a raid config but had no reason to do it.

I figure I'll wait for it to melt down or get sad on running new stuff before I ditch it, though at this rate the keyboard is looking a bit rough so I may need to replace that.  This thing is why in other topics I said I don't bother with the current generation of basically closed PC consoles and ditched my PS4 as the games were better on my computer.

One of our PCs is a 6700k and 1080ti.  I replaced the founders cooler with an evga radiator kit.  The other is a 6600k and 1080.  Both have 16gb of ram, boot ssds, 1tb game ssds, and a couple tb of HDD space.

I want to upgrade the 6700k to a 3900x or 9900ks.  A 2080ti would be cool too.  We use that system on our 4K OLED so I don't mind spending some money to make the most of it.

I've built my PC a while back and just upgraded whenever I could.  Currently have:

-Asus X-99 DELUXE motherboard

-i7-5930k processor

-64GB (8x8)Corsair RAM

-2x 2080 RTX Founder Edition graphic cards in SLI (nvlink is what they call it)

-512GB M.2 SSD

-256 SSD

-2TB Black Western Digital HDD

-4TB Black Western Digital HDD

-2x ASUS VG248 monitors

All connected on an UPS.  Sucks that I don't game much on it, but I have the means to do so.

Edited by demanufacturedmario

I have a gaming laptop I bought last year for $650 

Asus ROC Strix 

Intel Core i7 2.80 GHz Quad Core stock (goes up to 3.8)

GForce GTX 1050 Ti 4.0GB

16GB memory (goes up to 32 which I have not done yet)

250GB SSD

1TB HDD

optical drive I don't really use often 

I don't play many graphic heavy games but what I have thrown at it like (Borderlands 3, The Outer Worlds, Sekiro and such) play just fine and on high settings if I wish but generally I just leave it at default.

• Like 1

I'm still trucking along with a living-room PC I built a few years back for Steam.

It's an early-gen i5 refurb from Dell that I stuff a 750ti card into (that was the "best" compact profile video card at the time, if you wanted a timestamp on the project!)

Since my TV is only 1080p, that puts a nice upper limit on graphics output anyway.

Sometimes the fan gets a little loud, but it is a surprisingly effective setup and plays anything I am interesting in playing with no issues.

Coupled it with a Steam Controller 2 or 3 years ago.

8 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

I'm still trucking along with a living-room PC I built a few years back for Steam.

It's an early-gen i5 refurb from Dell that I stuff a 750ti card into (that was the "best" compact profile video card at the time, if you wanted a timestamp on the project!)

Since my TV is only 1080p, that puts a nice upper limit on graphics output anyway.

Sometimes the fan gets a little loud, but it is a surprisingly effective setup and plays anything I am interesting in playing with no issues.

Coupled it with a Steam Controller 2 or 3 years ago.

How are you liking the steam controller? Worth getting?