IGNORED

Want to make NintendoAge 2.0?

Otherguy

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I just did a quick Google search and it looks like there's a new store in the Eastgate Mall, so I guess I will have to check it out. That was the only thing I found close to me on the east side. There's still a Gameswap in Mason if that's near you.

My boy and I are headed over to Gameswap tomorrow. There's a newer place in Lebanon we're going to hit up tonight also. I'm in Monroe. I'll be looking for the one in Eastgate. 

9 hours ago, Otherguy said:

Anybody capable of making NintendoAge 2.0? Do you have the proper tools to building it?

Serious answer, any number of people are capable and have the tools.

The one thing they most likely don't have is time. Even just the NES had some 1000+ games if you included variants, regional differences, and all the unlicensed stuff. You're asking for images of every cart, box, and manual? And we're not just an NES, or even a Nintendo forum. Sega, Playstation, Xbox? It's going to add up fast.

It would have to be a group effort, and someone would need to spearhead it. Asking someone else to do it is a good way for nothing to get done.

10 hours ago, Otherguy said:

Anybody capable of making NintendoAge 2.0? Do you have the proper tools to building it?

No. Nobody is or will. If you want a database, start building it. Or atleast come up with a business plan, and start looking for people who you can PAY to start programming it. No one that I know of, is going to start such a monumental task just because some guy on the internet wants them to, especially since said “guy” doesnt “have the time”

• Like 1

The only thing I really miss about NA is the database.  It was really the only place to go to read manuals I didn't have access to.  A lot of information from a lot of contributors just poofed out of existence.  It's a shame really, but at least most of the information (sans rarity and complete manual scans) is still readily available on RFGen.

5 hours ago, Otherguy said:

RFGeneration? Oh yes! I remember that site! That's where I'm going. Still miss NA, though.

Seems like you're suffering from withdrawal symptoms with the craving for the letters "NA"...?

Maybe give it some time, and this eventually might become NA ver. 2.0?

If anything, this already looks more like a Nintendo Age + Sega Age => babies (and still in infancy stage)

Homebrew Team · Posted
15 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

The only thing I really miss about NA is the database.  It was really the only place to go to read manuals I didn't have access to.  A lot of information from a lot of contributors just poofed out of existence.  It's a shame really, but at least most of the information (sans rarity and complete manual scans) is still readily available on RFGen.

You can use the manuals on Digital Press.

https://www.digitpress.com/library/manuals/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...