IGNORED

Sega Genesis CIB Contents Spreadsheet

supergamboy

I'm all about documenting sources/discussions, so to keep this thread as complete as possible here are link to NA discussions on Value Pak stickers on Internet Archive. I started adding these to my personal list but it looks like there was a decision to remove them from this spreadsheet last year.

Value Pak thread: Page 1, Page 2
And some discussion about them in the previous thread: here.

Stickers. I like 'em.

cQvWIjx.png

• Like 1

Regarding the Value Pak stuff, awhile back I added a tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet to list the games known to have been available with a Value Pak sticker.  It looks like I never actually filled in that tab through. I'm all for logging it and tracking it, and the spreadsheet is a good reference, though I'd prefer not on the main tab.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey @ViKiNg! Yeah, I haven't kept up with the spreadsheet much of late 😬 As I'm not actively collecting games or pouring over new eBay listings my attention has dropped a bit.  But send me a PM, I'm glad to expand edit access.  I know you've tracked the project for a long time and know what kind of edits are right for the sheet, etc 😃

• Like 1

Hey all, made a few updates:

- Added in the Caesar's Palace ESRB K-A Clamshell re-release

- Marked as verified two sealed games ViKiNg opened: Wheel of Fortune (1st print) and PGA Tour 96

- Added in poster for Boxing Legends of the Ring

- I cleaned up the Pog information a little with a new format of "POG: front / back"

- Added a note (and image link) on the Topps 1988 cards included with RBI Baseball 93

@DefaultGen: I added the two different copies of NBA Showdown '94 (1st Round), but you can help me with some information.  They have different EA Sports-Wear inserts.  I believe the posters are actually different too.  They both have the sports equipment image, but I think they have different backs.  Can you check for me? If there are additional "product codes" we can add for the EA Sports-Wear insert, that would be awesome (but not sure if they are marked)

Also, for the pogs, can you confirm what is on the backside of the FIFA pog.  Is it blank or does it say "EA Sports"?

I plan to eventually look over galacticlint's information on the Sonic card included with some MegaHits games and likely Sonic Spinball, but need to look it all over more carefully

Edited by supergamboy

I'm looking into the Ballistic perforated card variants and the Accolade trading cards that followed and putting together what goes with what since I don't think there's a good list of all variants/possible variants. Really all that's poorly documented is #2 vs #3 I think. I'm largely basing it on random CIBs so far, but it's a start. If you can add something, neat.

1. 4 perforated cards, 4x5.5", Hardball through Turrican. The right edge of Turrican won't be perforated.
  2. 6 perforated cards, 4x5.5", Hardball through The Duel Coming Soon
  3. 6 perforated cards, 4x5.5", Hardball through The Duel
  4. 10 Accolade trading cards (came sealed)

qdTWW98.png

ENgISf9.png

xBcvH69.png

cFJWcc7.png

d70pGct.pngKLu5jXx.png

Hardball (1991)
  #1 (Daddymulkz CIB, Ebay CIB)
  #2 (Ebay CIB)

Hardball (VG Classics, 199X)

Unknown

Mike Ditka Power Football (1991)
  #2 (Ebay CIB)
  #2 or #3, unknown variant (Verified from sealed copy VGS spreadsheet)

Mike Ditka Power Football (VG Classics, 199X)
  None (Verified from sealed copy on Sega-16)

Onslaught (1991)
  #1 (Verified from sealed copy on Sega-16)

Star Control (1991)
  #3 (AtariAge CIB)

Turrican (1991)
  #2 or #3, unknown variant (VGS spreadsheet CIB)

Universal Soldier (1992)
  #3 (Ebay CIB)

Winter Challenge (1992)
  #2 (Ebay CIB)

The Duel: Test Drive II (1992)
  #4 (VGS spreadsheet CIB)

Double Dragon (1992)
  #3 (Ebay CIB)

Double Dragon (VG Classics, 199X)
  Unknown

Bubsy (1993)
  #4 (VGS spreadsheet CIB, VGS thread CIB, 2x Ebay CIB)

Super Off-Road (1993)
  #3 (Amazon CIB)

Super Off-Road (VG Classics, 199X)
  #4 (Ebay CIB)

Hardball III (1993)
  #4 (2x Ebay CIB)

WarpSpeed (1993)
  #4 (DefaultGen CIB)

Summer Challenge (1993)
  #4 (VGS Spreadsheet verified sealed, Twitter CIB)

Jack Nicklaus Power Challenge Golf ("Includes Baltusrol" sticker, 1993)
  #4 (Ebay CIB)

Jack Nicklaus Power Challenge Golf (no sticker, 1993)
  None (Verified VGS Spreadsheet sealed)

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 3

@CobradvsCan you please provide a few pictures of the flip-top version of Sonic 3D Blast?  If you can, include phots of the back of the box, the front and back of the manual, and back of the cart.

My guess is that it is a Majesco re-release that the only included insert would be the "Majesco Sales GENESIS Classics" Reg Card.  But with some pictures from you, I'll be able to add that flip-top to the spreadsheet.

@DefaultGen I haven't had a chance go to go through the Accolade stuff, but awesome start!

4 hours ago, supergamboy said:

@CobradvsCan you please provide a few pictures of the flip-top version of Sonic 3D Blast?  If you can, include phots of the back of the box, the front and back of the manual, and back of the cart.

My guess is that it is a Majesco re-release that the only included insert would be the "Majesco Sales GENESIS Classics" Reg Card.  But with some pictures from you, I'll be able to add that flip-top to the spreadsheet.

@DefaultGen I haven't had a chance go to go through the Accolade stuff, but awesome start!

Sure thing! The pics were too big to upload here so I put them on imgur. Link here: http://imgur.com/a/AH55wNv

• Like 2

Great, so I've added that variant to the spreadsheet.

I can see on the back of the box that it is marked "Printed in USA; Assembled in Mexico"

And actually, there are appear to be three releases.

1st print = slide box with no "origin" text on the back of the box

variant 1 = slide box with "Printed in USA; Assembled in Mexico" on back

variant 2 - flip top with "Printed in USA; Assembled in Mexico" on back

Did you check inside the instruction manual to see if there is a Majesco reg card? And can you take a picture of the back of the cart?

EDIT: It's not on all of the releases but here is one variant slide box that does have the Ballistic sticker: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sonic-3D-Blast-Sega-Genesis-1996-Complete-CIB-Rare-Original-Authentic-/193723106850?hash=item2d1acc0622%3Ag%3At78AAOSw-tBflMpG&nma=true&si=CrhKqmmsCcGKONexu1vt%2B4i5FGE%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

EDIT 2: And as expected, here is the variant slide box that includes a Majesco reg card: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sonic-3D-Blast-Sega-Genesis-1996-COMPLETE-Game-w-BOX-amp-MANUAL-The-Hedgehog-/224263503362?epid=4639&hash=item3437257e02%3Ag%3Awv8AAOSwVYZfyXmg&nma=true&si=CrhKqmmsCcGKONexu1vt%2B4i5FGE%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I expect that both variant releases will include the Majesco reg card only, but its something we can keep an eye out for!

Edited by supergamboy

8 hours ago, supergamboy said:

Great, so I've added that variant to the spreadsheet.

I can see on the back of the box that it is marked "Printed in USA; Assembled in Mexico"

And actually, there are appear to be three releases.

1st print = slide box with no "origin" text on the back of the box

variant 1 = slide box with "Printed in USA; Assembled in Mexico" on back

variant 2 - flip top with "Printed in USA; Assembled in Mexico" on back

Did you check inside the instruction manual to see if there is a Majesco reg card? And can you take a picture of the back of the cart?

EDIT: It's not on all of the releases but here is one variant slide box that does have the Ballistic sticker: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sonic-3D-Blast-Sega-Genesis-1996-Complete-CIB-Rare-Original-Authentic-/193723106850?hash=item2d1acc0622%3Ag%3At78AAOSw-tBflMpG&nma=true&si=CrhKqmmsCcGKONexu1vt%2B4i5FGE%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

EDIT 2: And as expected, here is the variant slide box that includes a Majesco reg card: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sonic-3D-Blast-Sega-Genesis-1996-COMPLETE-Game-w-BOX-amp-MANUAL-The-Hedgehog-/224263503362?epid=4639&hash=item3437257e02%3Ag%3Awv8AAOSwVYZfyXmg&nma=true&si=CrhKqmmsCcGKONexu1vt%2B4i5FGE%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I expect that both variant releases will include the Majesco reg card only, but its something we can keep an eye out for!

Well I'll be... There was a reg card in there! Took front and back pictures of that too. I took two pictures of the cart, one with better lighting. 

http://imgur.com/a/5JqW8yy

• Like 3

For the non-ESRB Sega Classic variant of Golden Axe, the image shows a "megadrive" branded cart and "genesis" manual with black letterbox artwork. I am seeing a few of those on eBay (1, 23, 4) but I'm seeing just as many (1, 2, 34, 5, 6, 7) with the standard "genesis" branded cart and standard artwork manual... it's possible there are just a whole mess of swaps/mismsatches, but for how many I'm seeing, it seems maybe a bit more likely that there were two non-ESRB variants. Thoughts?

Disregard! I am a silly billy, and did not see that it's already listed on the sheet! 😅

Edited by billybob884
links fixed
  • Haha 1

Ha, awesome @Cobradvs! I've missed plenty a Majesco reg card because of the way they are inside the manual! Your copy of Sonic 3D Blast should be 100% CIB - congrats!  I've marked both the fliptop and variant slide box as Confirmed CIB of needing just a Majesco reg card.

@billybob884 - For that Golden Axe variant, I updated the "Notes" description in Column D to say "MD Cart & Alt Manual"

3 hours ago, supergamboy said:

Ha, awesome @Cobradvs! I've missed plenty a Majesco reg card because of the way they are inside the manual! Your copy of Sonic 3D Blast should be 100% CIB - congrats!  I've marked both the fliptop and variant slide box as Confirmed CIB of needing just a Majesco reg card.

@billybob884 - For that Golden Axe variant, I updated the "Notes" description in Column D to say "MD Cart & Alt Manual"

Great! Happy to contribute and to have a 100% CIB copy!

On 1/27/2021 at 2:16 PM, DefaultGen said:

Three variants of Bubsy I saw while not looking for Bubsy variants.

1. Sega SOQ sticker in bottom left, TV special star flash
  2. No sticker, TV special star flash
  3. No sticker, no star flash

73ZewfP.png

@DefaultGen

Great find! I've added an additional variant to the spreadsheet.  So for right now I have it as the 1st print has the "TV special" star flash and later print does not.

I haven't yet added Sega Seal vs. no Sega Seal of Quality.  But I think you're right that it's three releases.

I recall that Accolade was one of the companies involved in a lawsuit with Sega, I think over its cartridges.  I haven't looked at the timing of anything, but it could be that the Sega Seal of Quality sticker was added after the first print.

So it could be that this is the first print (no Sega Seal):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CIB-Bubsy-in-Claws-Encounters-of-the-Furred-Kind-Sega-Genesis-1993-Complete-/133638943327?epid=4775&hash=item1f1d80725f%3Ag%3AtdUAAOSwk8pgAiAf&nma=true&si=CrhKqmmsCcGKONexu1vt%2B4i5FGE%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Then the Sega Seal gets slapped on post-lawsuit. Haven't investigated yet, just throwing it out there

Edited by supergamboy
  • Like 1