IGNORED

Sega Genesis CIB Contents Spreadsheet

supergamboy

17 hours ago, billybob884 said:

Caesar's Palace has an ESRB clamshell release (I'm 99% sure that's not just a cardboard sleeve cut & inserted into a clamshell)

I strongly doubt about this. There is no ESRB label on cart and manual. I think it's really cardboard version cover.

9 minutes ago, ViKiNg said:

I strongly doubt about this. There is no ESRB label on cart and manual. I think it's really cardboard version cover.

Looking at ESRB copies of Sonic Spinball and Golden Axe, neither have it on the cart/manual either... they could just be mismatches (I'll have to check my Sonic 1 ESRB next time I go to my locker), but do we know that ESRB re-release ratings were always put on all pieces?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264730519312
https://www.ebay.com/itm/233480858104

If it is a cardboard box cut and put in a clamshell, it looks very cleanly cut. Let me shoot the seller a message, see if he'd be willing to pull the case insert out and take a picture

1 hour ago, billybob884 said:

Looking at ESRB copies of Sonic Spinball and Golden Axe, neither have it on the cart/manual either...

Golden Axe is a budget release, probably uses original cart labels, but anyway - Sega Classic releases has it's own rules. 😀

Sonic Spinball - manual on your link is wrong, ESRB Sonic Spinball release has b/w manual with ESRB rating, but not on cart.

Here is the correct one - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sonic-The-Hedgehog-Spinball-Sega-Genesis-Video-Game-Complete-in-Box/143587878348?epid=2255131982&hash=item216e8125cc:g:J9sAAOSwCr9eofOY:sc:USPSFirstClass!19720!US!-1

1 hour ago, billybob884 said:

Let me shoot the seller a message, see if he'd be willing to pull the case insert out and take a picture

That's would be great! 👍

Hey guys! In the middle of a move right now, but quickly weighing in on the PGA Golf sticker questions. 

Sticker orientation should not count as a variant.

And so that red sticker appears to be on two different releases, right? Its mostly on the version that doesn't have the "1st Round" badge.  But there is one low-res pic of it on a 1st Round release?

And this sticker is on beat up CIB copies and is on the clamshell case itself.  That easily lends itself to some case swapping.  Though I mean, I guess it's unlikely that someone would swap cases between two copies of PGA Golf II, but it's possible. Shrug.

Any spottings of the sticker on a sealed copy (under the wrap)?

I'll try and do my own searching in the next couple days and see if I have anything additional to weigh in to help us figure out what should go in the spreadsheet.

Small bit of info, the RBI Baseball ‘93 cards are Topps 1988 cards (regular, not Big, Tiffany, etc.). These junk wax cards are worth less than what it costs to ship them, and they appear to be random, so I think you can just crack a $1 pack and complete 5 copies of the game.

C8xRkHN.jpg

Copy with #278 Jose Cruz, #605 Kirk Gibson, #516 Jim Sundberg

oXLtRdG.jpg

Copy with #220 Tom Henke, #620 Cory Snyder, #762 Scott Bradley

nQiAhzs.jpg

• Like 1

I never ended up getting a reply from that seller, so I just bought it instead (it was cheap enough), and it's definitely a regular paper insert, not a cut up cardboard box:

byKPy8I.jpg

We'll have to keep a look out for more to verify the contents don't have the badge, but at least we for sure now know there is an ESRB clamshell variant

TnAExHY.jpg

aIAELoQ.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, billybob884 said:

We'll have to keep a look out for more to verify the contents don't have the badge, but at least we for sure now know there is an ESRB clamshell variant

Thanks! It's really seems legit! I'll keep my eyes open for this release...

Seems @supergamboy need to update his spreadsheet.  😄

On 8/12/2020 at 7:21 PM, supergamboy said:

And so that red sticker appears to be on two different releases, right? Its mostly on the version that doesn't have the "1st Round" badge.  But there is one low-res pic of it on a 1st Round release?

And this sticker is on beat up CIB copies and is on the clamshell case itself.  That easily lends itself to some case swapping.  Though I mean, I guess it's unlikely that someone would swap cases between two copies of PGA Golf II, but it's possible. Shrug.

Can anyone confirm the red sticker is on the clamshell and not the paper insert? I don't actually own a sticker copy, but from some of the eBay results, it appears to be under the plastic:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184373379253

FvuQ66s.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184315182628

vi2E0z4.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

The sticker is on the insert. Youse guys can do whatever you want with this spreadsheet, the sticker variant is going in my spreadsheet, lol. Gotta catch 'em all. Or at least catch pictures of them all because I can't catch them all 😞 

Haha, no one can catch them all.

I pretty much agree with @supergamboy that the sticker orientation shouldn't be considered a "real" variant (whatever that might mean), so for now I'll leave the matrix as-is (tracking the five variants I posted on the 10th). If the sticker really is on the insert, than the blurry picture of the 5th variant (1st round w/ sticker) is probably legit, we'll just have to keep looking to confirm.

Great to see the extra info on the cards packed in with RBI Baseball 93.  I had a copy ages ago and I felt confident that the cards I had were accurate, but it struck me as odd that they seemed a few years old for the game, but I never looked much more into it.

I don't know if its currently in my spreadsheet, but I also tracked down the packs of cards that were used for NBA Jam's first release.

And for Doom Troopers, any card from the Inquisition series will do.

Some of that info was shared on SegaAge but not formally captured in the spreadsheet.  I'll have to go back and add notes for those items, along the lines of "You can purchase xyz to complete this title"

Yes those were packed with Bubsy, which also had a Bubsy postcard.

Those same cards came in more than one Accolade hard top game.  But, I don't know if the order of the cards was ever different (ie Bubsy on top for Bubsy, Warpspeed on top for Warpspeed, etc).  My guess is they were only packaged one way, but my copy of Bubsy I think was the only one where I had the cards actually sealed

On 8/11/2020 at 11:05 AM, ViKiNg said:

ESRB Sonic Spinball release has b/w manual with ESRB rating👍

I've seen a number of the KA sonic spinball with color manuals, enough for me to believe that there is a hybrid release with the KA and a color manual.

Here are three more pictured KAs with the same insert and color manual.

The first copy also had the epilepsy warning sheet, like the third shows.

sonic spinball KA plus epilepsy warning.jpg

sonic spinball KA color manual2.jpg

Sonic Spinball.JPG

Edited by galacticlint
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think that Sonic Spinball variant is probable, given the repeated inserts across the copies galacticlint has identified.

I do have 2-3 other entries kind of like it in the spreadsheet. I can't think of them off the top of my head, but games where there is both a color manual and a b/w manual, with no other noticeable differences on the outside.

And that Sonic card thing is with one of the Sonic 3 Mega Hits releases that has the Check It Out insert. 

I'm inclined to add it 

Edit: the Sonic card is one I don't know much about other than seeing it with some Sonic 3 MH copies. Anyone with more info/observations?

Edited by supergamboy

Apart from that copy of Sonic Spinball I usually only associate the card with Sonic 3 Mega Hits.

I have seen it come with Mega Hits Ecco Tides of Time once, but only once. It didn't have any of the other inserts present, until I see more I assume it was a mix up.

Edited by galacticlint

Throwing this out there because I don't know, but I have three CIB copies of Bill Walsh and none of them have the "Not Sponsored" sticker. I think there are technically 3 variants: No Sticker > "Not Endorsed" Sticker > "Not Endorsed" Printed. It's possible that all the copies without the sticker just had replaced cases though. Would need to see a sealed one with no sticker to be sure.

0NKatp0.pngrdWkKLi.pngexCylXw.png

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 1

I just opened a Super Monaco GP Sega Classics.

It turns out to be the earlier release with Joe Montana / Golden Axe II posters and 3/91 reg card.

I believe that there is also a variant (same case) with the "sega classics best for less" inserts and a '92 reg card.

-------------

Regarding the "cool kids know" trading card I was just given a link to an old SegaAge thread with a few interesting pictures. Maybe the card came with more than just Sonic 3?

*edit*

Looks like Taz Mega Hits (without the round yellow sega seal in the corner, that's the majesco one) probably comes with the card.

That makes three I've seen so far.

CIMG6802.JPG

CIMG6803.JPG

3 91.jpg

turd.jpg

taz escape mega hit no seal card2.jpg

taz escape mega hit no seal card.jpg

Edited by galacticlint
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Boxing Legends of the Ring

Line 119 on spreadsheet.

Somehow the poster was not listed as included. Its a [Boxing Legends Of The Ring / Merchandise for sale] double-sided fold out.

I have 2 complete copies with this poster and each copy is factory folded with a different side facing out so it might look like there are 2 different included posters (which is not the case).

Here is one example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Boxing-Legends-of-the-Ring-Sega-Genesis-Mega-Drive-System-Console-Sports/303695958013?hash=item46b5b08ffd:g:qyYAAOSwfgpfZS8G

• Like 1