IGNORED

Sega Genesis CIB Contents Spreadsheet

supergamboy

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2020 at 10:11 AM, supergamboy said:

Wisdom Tree games - I have added “Styrofoam Block(s)” to each one. The two blocks look right like that, but I’m just surprised I’ve never seen it before.  It could be that I just wasn’t thinking in terms of my yet-to-be-created spreadsheet, but hopefully we’ll see them in that arrangement again a couple times. As a cheap company, 1 block seems believable and I could see the second one being a collector solution (but then again, how would they get a second?)

So I finally got a copy of Spiritual Warfare (and completed my WT subset!), and it too has two blocks, in the same arrangement as Joshua:

SJNc5iQ.jpg

So I'd say it's safe to assume they're all supposed to have two blocks (my Bible Adventures is sealed so I can't actually check, but it feels like there's two in there, and my Exodus doesn't have any, so it's not really a good indicator)

Edited by billybob884
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, billybob884 said:

Yea I noted that back in January, but it doesn't look like that was ever picked up

Ah, didn't realize the spreadsheet wasn't up to date. Well here's some Monopoly I don't think all of which is there

Made in Japan clamshell:

xIQpzzW.jpg

Assembled in Mexico clamshell, Ballistic sticker:

lLyub5z.jpg

Assembled in Mexico slide box, Ballistic sticker, color manual, white tray:

NWA6YtU.jpg

Assembled in Mexico slide box, Ballistic sticker, B&W manual, brown tray:

Fla5wwv.jpg

Assembled in Mexico flip top box, no Ballistic sticker, B&W manual.

iGIHyuj.png

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 1

Everything added!

Thanks for the two additional Monopoly variants (mexico clamshell and fliptop). 

I don't know if many people scroll right on the spreadsheet but in columns N, O, and P I hope to mark the "origin" of the box, manual, and cart for each variant.  Not too critical on these Monopoly releases, but in checking this stuff, sometimes thats where I'll realize that a certain release used Acclaim carts with a black sticker over the back of the cart, things like that.

There are at least 4 non-NFR, non-Sega Classics, non-Canadian Sonic The Hedgehogs (I would say Black Label but this game has so many variants I barely know what counts).

Made in Japan, no patent info, PO Box 2167 address

spacer.png

Printed in Japan, no patent info, PO Box 2167 address

9O1lbCo.jpg

Made in Japan <670-1470-01> w/patent text. Address changes to 130 Shoreline Drive.

6XSgUzJ.jpg

And not really related to the above, but the ESRB K-A version which was obviously way later, which has a different style of patent text on the bottom (printed in the USA and the address is now PO Box 8097 for the record)

jDKJbtv.jpg8x457sD.jpg

As far as first print, I'm fairly sure it's the first one I posted, although for some reason some Wata folks think it's the third one. You can find printed-on NFR copies with the printed 130 Shoreline Drive address and same style patent text as the third one, so in terms of box changes the third one is in the middle. Additionally our own @hyrulevyse has a receipt with a purchase date that predates all online release date information that came with the first release. 6/13 receipt and most sources put 6/23 as the release date.

NFR insert with 130 Shoreline Address:

r8vz1IB.png

Receipt that came with a Made in Japan copy with no patent info:

a5pemtR.jpg

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 2

Additionally Sonic 2 has at least two non-NFR, non-Canadian clamshell variants. One says Assembled in USA on the very bottom left, and the other doesn't.

T1fpzdg.png

G0jHyQ4.png

The one that isn't assembled in USA is apparently the first print, I believe they can tell because of the style of seal used on sealed copies.

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, billybob884 said:

Thank you for all these variants! I'll have to go through all of these later this weekend.

Of course, I'm pulling a ton of the spreadsheet that I didn't know about too.

Talespin has a "Programmed in the USA, Cartridge made in Japan" and "Programmed and Assembled in the USA" variant. The Japan variant has a generic logo on the cart end label and a 670-2284 code, while the all USA one has logo from the show and no code.

qjovNyS.jpg

3OWZLxH.jpg

6SdaYLV.jpg

• Like 1

Great work, DefaultGen! 

The Sonic games can be a real chore! The first game easily has more than a dozen variants! I original began with the big, noticeable variants, Sega Classic, K-A ESRB, but over time started to add as much detail as I could, as the game was made in Japan, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, USA. And now at this point in the project the list is ready for the minute. 

With the Sonic games it might make sense for me to add a new column to put in all of the address text or note other details currently not well captured.

I've recently given billybob edit access, so with two of us working, we should be able to keep this up to date better! And also strategize as a forum on how to capture all of the small details of variants!

Edit: I’m posting more stuff already in the thread 😞 Oh well, pictures for the picture gods!

EA Sports Limited Edition, "7 Courses" on front of box, no "If it's on the Tour..." sticker, 705501 code on back of box, 7155 cart:

For these EA Sports LE variants, there appear to be insert variants within the LE, but it's above my paygrade. For example if seen this game with both orange and white reg cards. There are also a serial number variants (no letter and letters A-D) if you're really going deep. EA is a nightmare, someone maybe figure it out one day, lol.

rkVStuR.jpg

Non-LE, "7 Courses" on front of box , 705501 code on back of box, 7155 cart:

UpiMv9r.jpg

US1iVXE.jpg

Non-LE, "6 Courses" on front of box, 705501A code on back of box, 7155A cart. Did they remove a course or something?

1wJybYc.jpgTry7lzY.jpg

WcJM3Io.jpg

"6 courses" box with sticker reversed. These stickers seem hand applied, but I've only seen the 6 course box with the sticker facing both directions.

6veLj6J.jpg

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 1

Getting to the end of my to-do list but it feels like it never ends when it comes to this console. One more from @DaddyMulk's Instagram. X-Men 2 Clone Wars Mega Hit Series

1550 code on box and cartridge. Yellow Sega Game Secrets box on the cart:

aigWmvn.jpg7AAPupF.png

No code on box or cart. Cart has white Sega Game Secrets box.

GfiI0hi.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And an Alien 3 courtesy of @DaddyMulk (for bringing it up to me anyway)

1992 version (based on chip dates). Biggest thing to note is the "1 Player" logo in the top right. Cartridge has 4 lines of small text.

VlBZIII.pnguvawj5J.png

1995 version. Box has different 1 Player symbol and minor font changes. Cartridge has 3 lines of small text.

OVhUbea.pngkRuXhot.png

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2020 at 9:05 PM, DefaultGen said:

Non-LE, "6 Courses" on front of box, 705501A code on back of box, 7155A cart. Did they remove a course or something?

"6 courses" box with sticker reversed. These stickers seem hand applied, but I've only seen the 6 course box with the sticker facing both directions.

@supergamboy, do we want to go into the granularity of sticker orientation? I kind of feel like if it's otherwise the same sticker, it shouldn't count as a variant... Opinions, anyone?

Edit: I've also added all the above variants for Alien 3, Altered Beast, PGA Tour Golf II, Sonic 1/2, Sports Talk Baseball, Streets of Rage 1/2, Tale Spin, and Tiny Toon Adventures.

Edited by billybob884

More variants! I never actually finished going through everything Tripredacus-Agent had brought up on reddit way back in January, and I've had a shortcut to the thread sitting on my desktop since then, so I finally got around to combing through the rest of it:

Micro Machines has 5 clamshell variants which I've added this to the matrix:
Case has "Superb playability" badge (center-left) and pink "No 1 Bestseller" badge
Case has "Superb playability" badge (center-left) and pink "U.K. No 1 Bestseller" badge
Case has "Superb playability" badge (center-left) and white "U.K. Number 1" sticker (couldn't find one on ebay, so pic is from vgcollect)
Case has "Superb playability" badge (center-left) and yellow "U.K. Number 1" sticker
Case has "Superb playability" badge (upper-right) and yellow "U.K. Number 1" sticker
OrMSN3X.jpg

Caesar's Palace has an ESRB clamshell release (I'm 99% sure that's not just a cardboard sleeve cut & inserted into a clamshell)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184289729892
Hkp5DKT.jpg

PGA Tour Golf II currently has 4 known clamshell variants:
1) 1st Round Limited Edition, case doesn't have red badge. Cart has number 7155 (7-course game ROM).
2) Non-1st Round, case has red "If it's on the tour" sticker. Cart has number 7155 (7-course game ROM).
3) Non-1st Round, case has red "If it's on the tour" sticker. Cart has number 7155A (6-course game ROM).
4) Non-1st Round, case doesn't have red badge. Cart has number 7155 (7-course game ROM).

According to vgcollect's list, there is an additional variant which I haven't been able to verify on ebay (vgcollect's picture is very low-res)
5) 1st Round Limited Edition, case has red "If it's on the tour" sticker. Cart has number 7155 (7-course game ROM).
ReDdFnX.jpg
https://vgcollect.com/item/115512
I've tentatively added this to the matrix; @supergamboy, thoughts?

Relevant to my above post, it could also have another if we decide sticker orientation qualifies as a variant:
3b) Non-1st Round, case has red "If it's on the tour" sticker (upward orientation). Cart has number 7155A (6-course game ROM).
vGo5bNS.jpg
I haven't added this to the list yet.

According to vgcollect's list, Street Fighter II S.C.E. has two slide box variants, one with and one without the Ballistic sticker on the back; I haven't been able to verify the non-Ballistic one on ebay, but vgcollect has some very low-res pictures:
Nr1hPD1.jpg
https://vgcollect.com/item/140606
https://vgcollect.com/item/140607
I've tentatively added this to the matrix, but it should be verified.

There's also supposedly a Pit-Fighter variant with yellow game title and no "8meg" badge, but I couldn't find any to verify, so I haven't added it:
https://vgcollect.com/item/130271

I've also added the Populous, Shaq-Fu, Super Off-Road, Taz-Mania, and Winter Challenge variants from January that were never picked up. Will check the rest of my previous posts to see if anything else was missed.

• Like 2