IGNORED

VGS rare variant/error thread Nintendo edition

Hybrid

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Hybrid said:

Looks like fading to me everything is washed out

To me it looks like only the blue got printed. The red and green were missed out. The seal of quality is still in perfect condition and the black lettering on the sides also looks good. Cart doesn't look yellow either.

Edit: Maybe you're right. I went through Google images and only blue seems to remain after extreme fading.

Edited by bowser

Hey there.

I was on the NA variants list, so I'm back, so to speak.  Here's a stack of all the rare variants I have, the closeup on the N7s and US Gyromite, as well as individual pictures for the games that aren't listed yet.

I'm buying and paying up $$$$$$ for variants I don't have yet!  Hit me up!  Will trade the multiples I have.

20200404_045907-min.jpg

20200404_050210-min.jpg

20200404_050434-min.jpg

20200404_050443-min.jpg

20200404_050451-min.jpg

20200404_050458-min.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

2 hours ago, wyansas said:

Hey there.

I was on the NA variants list, so I'm back, so to speak.  Here's a stack of all the rare variants I have, the closeup on the N7s and US Gyromite, as well as individual pictures for the games that aren't listed yet.

I'm buying and paying up $$$$$$ for variants I don't have yet!  Hit me up!  Will trade the multiples I have.

20200404_045907-min.jpg

20200404_050210-min.jpg

20200404_050434-min.jpg

20200404_050443-min.jpg

20200404_050451-min.jpg

20200404_050458-min.jpg

Wow!  That’s a nice collection!

Back on NA There were 2 Users who had a 3-Screw Stinger, one of whom was in possession of 2 copies.  There was also some talk, I think, about someone having found a non-hangtab Stinger Box.  I acquired mine in late November last year, personally, as part of a larger lot.  

1 hour ago, wyansas said:

A user named Pii posted a pic of one in this thread.

51 minutes ago, PII said:

Back on NA There were 2 Users who had a 3-Screw Stinger, one of whom was in possession of 2 copies.  There was also some talk, I think, about someone having found a non-hangtab Stinger Box.  I acquired mine in late November last year, personally, as part of a larger lot.  

Very cool!

Do they appear to be refurbs or original carts?

Here's as much as I know, based on my cart: It has flathead screws and a back label with "07" for an assembly line number (A quick perusal of available 5-screw copies on Ebay indicated "12" as the most common number.  The only other I saw was "09")  The coding on the circuit board chips is nearly identical to a 5-screw copy I compared it to except for one chain of figures on one of the two main chips - 6BL31 for the 3screw & 6CB31 for the 5screw.  Also, no REV-A on the back label.

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2020 at 12:26 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Wait, does the 3 screw Stinger actually exist? Refurb?

The three screw stinger is irrefutably legitimate.

There is a box floating out there with no Hangtab and a REV-A on top of the circle seal of quality.

It’s as rare as 5-Screw Stadium Events, though significantly less valuable....I still do not have board pictures of it

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

The three screw stinger is irrefutably legitimate.

There is a box floating out there with no Hangtab and a REV-A on top of the circle seal of quality.

It’s as rare as 5-Screw Stadium Events, though significantly less valuable....I still do not have board pictures of it

Wow, that's wild. I don't keep too close of a tally on screw number variants, but I really didn't think that one existed.

One of the NA users who had a 3-screw Stinger (maybe the first documented copy on NA) went by the username Bee Kay iirc.  He was the only NA member I met in person for 2 transactions but seemingly fell off the face of the Earth a few years ago.  Idk if he still has it or if it has changed hands since then

• Like 1

On 3/15/2020 at 11:09 PM, Goodvibes said:

Also picked this up a few years ago, Trojan with an upside down back label:

8AF1C8F0-C4DA-4A7D-B367-7EDD678F1C30.jpeg

AF40D2D6-F651-426C-90BC-8BFE6A02CE84.jpeg

E54D4D6C-42CE-479C-B1F4-369D208145DA.jpeg

Just wanted to follow up on this, I was able to take a picture of the back label and it had a “9” in the upper left. It’s a single digit number not double digit meaning it doesn’t say “09”. Kind of hard to see based on the pictures, if anyone can tell me if it’s original or not I’d appreciate it.

1F9FD092-466A-448E-BCBE-7FB1DD988A1D.jpeg

A1CCAF79-BCC4-45BD-BA3D-F00C4F544480.jpeg

Trojan-Nintendo-NES-Cart-Misprint-Mislab

Definitely matches the one I took off of eBay. The only other NES game to have an upside down back label was excitebike  which has it in the opposite corner and right side up (21)

exciteclose_zpswau8oxxr.png

Which just tells me that yours was right side up when stamped but applied upside down excitebike was upside down when stamped and applied to the cart. I believe yours to be 100% authentic

8 hours ago, Hybrid said:

Trojan-Nintendo-NES-Cart-Misprint-Mislab

Definitely matches the one I took off of eBay. The only other NES game to have an upside down back label was excitebike  which has it in the opposite corner and right side up (21)

exciteclose_zpswau8oxxr.png

Which just tells me that yours was right side up when stamped but applied upside down excitebike was upside down when stamped and applied to the cart. I believe yours to be 100% authentic

Sweet, I appreciate the confirmation.

On 4/6/2020 at 2:05 AM, Hybrid said:

This is the only picture of a 5 screw stadium events I could find

hE9kaDx.jpg

That's the copy that was found in Morganville, NJ on November 11, 2013. It also included the manual.

There's also a loose cartridge that predates this one by a few months, however I lost the photo and date of the listing. It may as well not exist, however I know the person who currently owns it, so it's not lost...it's just "MIA" right now.

Lastly, there's the CIB copy that was discovered on April 23, 2016. It was purchased for $5.00 along with a bunch of other random CIB NES, Coleco, and Atari games.

PgHga5a.jpg