IGNORED

VGS rare variant/error thread Nintendo edition

Hybrid

On 2/26/2021 at 11:25 AM, Funky_brewsta said:

@Stormarov.45someone tried to do a label swap on the mm before I got it. They got about halfway up and called it a day. The top half is almost perfect. The guy I got it from is trustworthy and deals with a lot with Brazilian games. Can’t see someone faking the rc pro am than selling it for $6. One has been authenticated by wata and also matches the other two known copies. I have nothing to gain by faking games and hope that’s not what you were suggesting. 

I was suggesting that you might have been swindled.

• Eyeroll 1

On 2/26/2021 at 9:25 AM, Funky_brewsta said:

@Stormarov.45someone tried to do a label swap on the mm before I got it. They got about halfway up and called it a day. The top half is almost perfect. The guy I got it from is trustworthy and deals with a lot with Brazilian games. Can’t see someone faking the rc pro am than selling it for $6. One has been authenticated by wata and also matches the other two known copies. I have nothing to gain by faking games and hope that’s not what you were suggesting. 

You should take a pic of the board for mm6, chips should look like this

1600 (1).jpg

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 8:20 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

I think @ThePhleo had one.

No, I just have a 3-screw with the centered artwork.

On 2/26/2021 at 9:43 AM, Funky_brewsta said:

@Foochie776@Code Monkey here’s a screenshot I have from the one that was sold on eBay in early 2018

CCCC8897-767E-44FD-8057-B0D037A143EE.jpeg

Holy crap! I've been looking for this picture for ages!!!

This is the only 5-screw copy I don't have the picture of. So, I now have photos of all three known copies of this game thank you so much for posting this! I'll share mine here as well.

On 2/26/2021 at 1:43 PM, Code Monkey said:

Are the chip date codes on the 3 screw the same as this? If they're also 7J2 and 7J1 (first and second weeks of September 1987), then that would mean they were putting really old chips into 3 screw shells and sending them to retail.

To date, all Stadium Events copies I've seen have a PRG with 7J2 exclusively, and a CHR with 7J1 or 7J2. There also doesn't seem to be any specific variant attached to them.

7J1 translates to 1987 September 1st Week.

7J2 translates to 1987 September 2nd Week.

This three digit format works as follows...

First digit is the year, so you need to assume the decade (and millenium I guess!)

Second digit is the month, refer to the chart below for the proper code.

Third digit is the week.

A January
B February
C March
D April
E May
F June
G July
H August
I [N/A]
J September
K October
L November
M December

Also, here are photos of all the known 5-screw carts 🙂

SE.thumb.jpg.347b2bdc06614bdf85e524dd3e5859ab.jpg

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 3

On 4/24/2020 at 10:43 AM, NesQuest said:

It’s seems to be pretty rare.  There’s what, 5 or 6 reported on here?  That’s approximately the same that was on NA and how long was that site around.  I saw one appear on eBay, missed it and it took me the better part of about 2 years to find another!

I found one last week on Offerup it had been posted on there for a full year!!!!!! I didn’t know about this variant until a friend told me and that same day I found it on Offerup I clicked on the first posting and there it was, I got it for 15 dollars.

09AF1187-FF22-4EE9-BE7E-F925AE8AF7A0.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NESCollector15 said:

I found one last week on Offerup it had been posted on there for a full year!!!!!! I didn’t know about this variant until a friend told me and that same day I found it on Offerup I clicked on the first posting and there it was, I got it for 15 dollars.

If this was the one in the Seattle area on offer up I think I even messaged the guy and asked if he would ship and no luck/response back. 😞

8 hours ago, NESCollector15 said:

Dang nice, still need that sucker.

3 hours ago, Divingninja said:

If this was the one in the Seattle area on offer up I think I even messaged the guy and asked if he would ship and no luck/response back. 😞

3 hours ago, Goodvibes said:

Dang nice, still need that sucker.

3 hours ago, Divingninja said:

Do you remember his name? 

Administrator · Posted
8 minutes ago, Goodvibes said:

Dragon warrior 1 question - what do you look at to confirm the 1hp and why’s it significant. Anything other than first print and does anyone really care?

The 1hp variant was the first print, 2hp came later. It's on the back of the box; noted that they updated it by adding "points" to "hit points" for the newer boxes; players' stats are also changed:

image.pngimage.png 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 12:25 PM, Funky_brewsta said:

I’m confused. Why would one attempt to remove the label on the uncommon variant? I could see the motive for attempting to label swap off a 3 screw onto a 5 screw shell... but if you already have the uncommon variant, why screw it up? The label looks good as does the shell?

@phart010 there’s a small piece of plastic broken on the inside. I was also told the back has been swapped. I know all red flags! Guess what? It’s real. Again this was purchased from a very reputable collector. Honestly regret posting and trying to share. Guess this community gets off on trying to call people out. What your end game here? 

1 hour ago, Funky_brewsta said:

@phart010 there’s a small piece of plastic broken on the inside. I was also told the back has been swapped. I know all red flags! Guess what? It’s real. Again this was purchased from a very reputable collector. Honestly regret posting and trying to share. Guess this community gets off on trying to call people out. What your end game here? 

Haha, what’s my endgame? I don’t have an endgame. I’m just trying to understand what happened to your label. I dont doubt it’s authentic, it looks legit.. just doesn’t make sense to me that someone would attempt to remove the label on such an uncommon game. Were they planning to make a 5 screw Megaman 6 🥳

@Woobie thanks for the pic

@Funky_brewsta

Your N7 will be added your RC pro am will be added but the mega man 6 seems very suspicious. Too many things seem off and the excuse "I got it from a reputable collector" isn't enough to confirm it's legitimacy.

On that note does anyone have a playtronic version so that we can examine the board?

1 hour ago, Hybrid said:

@Woobie thanks for the pic

@Funky_brewsta

Your N7 will be added your RC pro am will be added but the mega man 6 seems very suspicious. Too many things seem off and the excuse "I got it from a reputable collector" isn't enough to confirm it's legitimacy.

On that note does anyone have a playtronic version so that we can examine the board?

I just got a N7 this week if you want to add mine.

0E7EB22C-5305-4071-9759-28E92E2072D8.jpeg

• Like 1

@Funky_brewsta

Final verdict on your megaman

The round circle in the upper corner indicates it's a brazilian board. Which is used on the playtronic and the non -1 version of the game. The chips are the deciding factor though the playtronic one seen seems to have dates on the chips from all over the place while the non -1 has them centered around  93 which is what the board in question shows it is legit

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hybrid said:

@Funky_brewsta

Final verdict on your megaman

The round circle in the upper corner indicates it's a brazilian board. Which is used on the playtronic and the non -1 version of the game. The chips are the deciding factor though the playtronic one seen seems to have dates on the chips from all over the place while the non -1 has them centered around  93 which is what the board in question shows it is legit

Took pics of all 3 boards.

Capcom MM6 - 9345 date

-1 MM6 - 9403 date

Playtronic MM6 - 9620 date

The hole you are talking about is only on the Capcom and -1 boards, the Brazilian board has no hole.

(Pics so large I have to make separate pic posts)

SAM_9944.JPG.b76e8a249b367948f6c82b01b7d36253.JPG

• Like 1

Nice.  So as I always re-iterate, my hypothesis is that:

The "USA" Capcom MM6 was actually released in NTSC countries outside the US.  (First print late 93)

The -1 Nintendo MM6 was for the US (Early 94, after Capcom gave Nintendo the rights for distribution after saying they were not going to release it in the US)

The Playtronics MM6 is Brazilian and was printed in 1996!

• Like 2