IGNORED

Famicom Multicart

kcaz

I'm curious if anyone can inform me on the rough value and desirability of Famicom multi-carts? I'm very new to anything Famicom and have come across a pair of carts and have no idea what these things are worth or if there are even people who want these. I understand an exact value is difficult for stuff like this, so any insight is great.

Any help is appreciated!

received_2334710023506696.jpeg

received_409811889688565.jpeg

Edited by kcaz

Going to agree about the low value of those things.  Unless you just have to have a certain one with the right person they're low interest especially now that modern ones are made with the really good stuff all thrown on new boards.  The honeybee there has more value as it's an excellent adapter.

As was stated before they don't hold any real value and mostly are just a novelty to those to actually buy them I've had a couple in the past that came in with other famicom cart lots and I'll mess with them for a little bit then pass them along to someone else to mess with or just add it to a lot of dupes I've sold as a freebie for buying something or so many. Granted the ones I had kind of sucked a little as they were the bigger x# games in one and basically just maybe handful of fun stull and its repeated several times and in the mist of crap games. 

It all depends on the multicarts. Some are worth 60$+ , others 1-2$. 

For the two carts, you need to post if the games on the label actually match the contents inside. Kick Master was never officially on Famicom, it's a decent game, an old multicart with it could easily be $15 or $20 if I were pricing it. One of the carts looks like it has Magic Jewelry, an original game. Again, maybe can get $15 for it due to that reason.

As an aside, multicarts with Silver Surfer can be stupid expensive.

For future reference, most (Famicom)multicarts Ive gotten generally sell for about $3-$4, even $10 would be high; however, it's like sports games. There are certain kinds of multis that are worth decent money (i.e. $15-$20), and then a few that are worth a nice chunk of cash.

17 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Going to agree about the low value of those things.  Unless you just have to have a certain one with the right person they're low interest especially now that modern ones are made with the really good stuff all thrown on new boards.  The honeybee there has more value as it's an excellent adapter.

I checked eBay for the adapter and saw some similar ones that were gold but not white like these. They seemed to average around $20. Think that's accurate?

I appreciate everyone's advice! Thank you.

1 hour ago, kcaz said:

I checked eBay for the adapter and saw some similar ones that were gold but not white like these. They seemed to average around $20. Think that's accurate?

I appreciate everyone's advice! Thank you.

They made gold ones and the ones this color.   They used to be higher than $20, but with things like the Retron 5 and AVS out now, probably less demand for them.

• Like 1

I'd have to concur with the captain there since he beat me to it.

Some may remember years ago back on NA I was pretty pumped over they honeybee.  Some foolish ebay seller had actually a pair of them each with a pirate cart attached.  I got together on the auction with foochie, and basically I got to keep the 2 pirates but only needed the one honeybee and sent him the other at cost.  Back then I recall they had a pretty high value because the adapters at the time were pretty crappy not caring for some famicom games, but the honeybees were like the gold standard and commanded more value.  I've held onto mine and while some FC games have come and gone, I still have around a dozen, many that use higher end JP only mappers and it has never failed me.

I'd do what fcgamer said, check your game list.  A lot are just basic multicarts with common as all get out low/no mapper level stuff.  But, if you find that right one with a particular game or set of games on it people will pay, some quite well. I recall a few years back the Golden Game model that had some particular titles like Wild Ball on it, that Jewelry game he said, and others would go over $50 easy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

They made gold ones and the ones this color.   They used to be higher than $20, but with things like the Retron 5 and AVS out now, probably less demand for them.

I'm not sure on value, and I'd guess like you said, these days it would be much easier to buy a cheap clone with Famicom compatibility than just using an adaptor. I'd guess half of the folks going after the adaptors would want them just for historical or collectors sake. Fun fact, I have a catalogue from Honey Bee from back in the day.

6 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I'd have to concur with the captain there since he beat me to it.

Some may remember years ago back on NA I was pretty pumped over they honeybee.  Some foolish ebay seller had actually a pair of them each with a pirate cart attached.  I got together on the auction with foochie, and basically I got to keep the 2 pirates but only needed the one honeybee and sent him the other at cost.  Back then I recall they had a pretty high value because the adapters at the time were pretty crappy not caring for some famicom games, but the honeybees were like the gold standard and commanded more value.  I've held onto mine and while some FC games have come and gone, I still have around a dozen, many that use higher end JP only mappers and it has never failed me.

I'd do what fcgamer said, check your game list.  A lot are just basic multicarts with common as all get out low/no mapper level stuff.  But, if you find that right one with a particular game or set of games on it people will pay, some quite well. I recall a few years back the Golden Game model that had some particular titles like Wild Ball on it, that Jewelry game he said, and others would go over $50 easy.

Yes Wild Ball is always popular.

Generally NES multicarts are rarer than Famicom ones, and command a higher price. With that said, it's all about marketing, and if the games are good, one can get a bit more.

On 11/15/2019 at 5:33 AM, fcgamer said:

Yes Wild Ball is always popular.

Generally NES multicarts are rarer than Famicom ones, and command a higher price. With that said, it's all about marketing, and if the games are good, one can get a bit more.

Good point and you're right.  I have one of the more interesting of those still I had back when I was on the other site, that Supervision cart in the NES shell that 115in1 I'd never let go of as it has good stuff on it and convenient.  I have since got a modern super games 500in1 in a famicom shell with a fc mobile88 locally that has some amazing titles on it but it leans towards the expensive NES stuff yet still no repeats but like 1/3 are sub-par below homebrew level garbage the rest more than makes up for it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2019 at 9:44 PM, Tyree_Cooper said:

i had some hik with gold labels in brand new condition and couldn't even get 5$ each, had to sell a huge lot of carts to find someone who cared

Hik that's not jy company original has little value. People prefer first print I guess

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 11:30 AM, fcgamer said:

I'm not sure on value, and I'd guess like you said, these days it would be much easier to buy a cheap clone with Famicom compatibility than just using an adaptor. I'd guess half of the folks going after the adaptors would want them just for historical or collectors sake. Fun fact, I have a catalogue from Honey Bee from back in the day.

I'd be very interested in a Honey Bee catalog if you find a spare! I'm one of the guys hunting down all Honey Bee variants for historical purposes, and have found a crazy 17 variants to date, plus a presumably knock-off black Honey "Boe" adapter (with matching box). Aside from adapter color differences, there's emboss variants, logo variants, and of course ribbon color variants. Packaging seems to have always been consistent.

Price-wise I agree that they have gone down a bit. Whereas the Famicom-to-NES adapter is relatively common, the NES-to-Famicom counterpart is actually quite rare. I sold two of the latter, loose and in semi-worn condition for $65-75 in quick sales earlier this year. Haven't seen many boxed ones in the last 15 years, so it's definitely one to look out for if you collect these things.