Mobile site jumping around

Lincoln

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Administrator · Posted

Well jeez maybe don't BLITZ to the other side of the page! 😛

No but seriously, it's possible that the page is still loading as you scroll down and perhaps your browser thinks "when page loaded, be at X position".

Are you seeing this just on threads? Or all over the place?

• 2 months later...

I'm noticing this again a lot. I feel like it might have calmed down after I made the initial post but idk. 

Anyway I get the sense there's some js running at or near the bottom of the page that's modifying scroll position, and it's bad or slow at it so things get jumpy. Haven't verified though.

It's been getting it occasionally the whole time on my phone. I've gotten used to it at this point. I have a 100% repro case though. It always happens when my last scroll direction is up then I scroll down and hit the bottom of the page with some speed. It will then jump up a third of a screen.

Edit: Another 100% repro case. Scroll up slowly when at the bottom. It will then jump up to the same place a third of the screen up. Also forgot to say, it happens on all pages. 

Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE

Administrator · Posted
13 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

It's been getting it occasionally the whole time on my phone. I've gotten used to it at this point. I have a 100% repro case though. It always happens when my last scroll direction is up then I scroll down and hit the bottom of the page with some speed. It will then jump up a third of a screen.

Edit: Another 100% repro case. Scroll up slowly when at the bottom. It will then jump up to the same place a third of the screen up. Also forgot to say, it happens on all pages. 

It may just be images loading. The site uses lazy loading, which means images aren't loaded until they are in view. When scrolling up from the bottom, this means you'll scroll up, and then an image will load, pushing content down. 

Honestly this is likely what you all are experiencing, and not some bug. I'd need a better description of the problem otherwise, or better yet, a video. 

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

It may just be images loading. The site uses lazy loading, which means images aren't loaded until they are in view. When scrolling up from the bottom, this means you'll scroll up, and then an image will load, pushing content down. 

Honestly this is likely what you all are experiencing, and not some bug. I'd need a better description of the problem otherwise, or better yet, a video. 

I don't think it's loading images since I was able to do it over and over for minutes and it still happened. It seems to be an invision problem though because I could repro it on another invision site (https://www.devfuse.com/forums/). It doesn't happen on AtariAge or invision's own forums probably because they both have long footers. I'll see if I can make a video. 

It's not anything loading. I can make it happen on this page after scrolling the entire page to make sure everything is loaded. I actually got a video of it happening but I'll have to wait until tonight to put it up somewhere to share.

It seems to snap the "follow" button to the bottom of the view

• 3 weeks later...