IGNORED

WTB: Dr. Mario Game Boy Pocket - Best Buy Exclusive

bluebomber

Just now, Splain said:

Hnnnngg I need that -3 Zelda cart AND -3 manual. I actually found a -4 rectangular manual on ebay a while back, I should have asked the seller where it came from.

The small -4 manual came with the Zelda Ice Blue Target exclusive pack-in. It came with the -2 cart that has the white E rating on it. I’m 100% positive about it

6 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Ooo, cool! The box not being a -3 doesn't surprise me. The revisions were not made to all three parts at the same time. I still find it weird that I've never seen an e rated box, but maybe they never bothered. If you don't mind can you take a couple more pictures of the manual? Specifically, page 1 with the copyright info and the last page that should have a number code in the lower right. 

424F1BD3-097F-401D-9222-C2707C8F9B6D.jpeg

6774A1A1-59B8-4965-8CF4-C89FC6990EF9.jpeg

5 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

I'm pretty confident that the -4 rectangular manual came with the ice blue pocket packin. I have no clue what's up with the two rated e carts though. 

DMG-ZL-USA: Initial release (has plain label)

DMG-ZL-USA-1: Player’s Choice release (has PC medal and KA rating)

DMG-ZL-USA-2: Target Zelda Ice Blue pack-in release (has white E rating and nothing else). This one came with the the DMG-ZL-USA-4 small manual.

DMG-ZL-USA-3: Player’s Choice release (has PC medal and white E rating)

12 minutes ago, bluebomber said:

DMG-ZL-USA: Initial release (has plain label)

DMG-ZL-USA-1: Player’s Choice release (has PC medal and KA rating)

DMG-ZL-USA-2: Target Zelda Ice Blue pack-in release (has white E rating and nothing else). This one came with the the DMG-ZL-USA-4 small manual.

DMG-ZL-USA-3: Player’s Choice release (has PC medal and white E rating)

Yeah that's my best guess as well. The thing that I don't get is the -2 cart goes with the -4 manual but the -3 cart goes with the -3 manual as far as we can tell. Also I'm wondering if there is some overlap. 

For the manual pictures, the first page doesn't have the esrb rating like I was hoping for but I guess that came later. The date code translates to 8/20/98. Which was around the time that the K-A to E rating switch happened. 

Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE

2 minutes ago, bluebomber said:

The -4 small manual that came with the Ice Blue Target Zelda pack-in has a white E rating on Page 1

By white E rating you mean the one that's on the -2 and -3 carts, right? Not the one in the manual above.

If you have that manual in front of you can you tell us what that date code is (the number code on the last page)?

2 minutes ago, bluebomber said:

This thread has gone so far off topic

I really hope someone with the Dr Mario box sees this lol

Yeah sorry. It's a cross over of the person obsessed with Zelda variants (me), and some people obsessed with GB variants. It's getting you some free bumps at least.

And thanks for your help with the pictures.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

damn i was shooting for this one i kind of wonder if  you was the 1651.

i talk to the o owner.  it was given as a gift to a family member and was never used.  very nice. 

Thanks, I did too, and he seemed like a really nice guy.

I have a full set of boxed USA GB Pockets with this last one now.