IGNORED

Go Go Hypergrind flippens Path of Radiance?

MiamiSlice

I've been watching listings for these two GameCube games for months (this is what I do for fun I guess) and recently I was quite shook when I saw these auctions end in the same day with Go Go Hypergrind going for more money. I don't know if the winning bidder fat fingered their bid or something. I wasn't too surprised about the Path of Radiance price since it has been coming down for a while now but seeing Go Go Hypergrind go for that much is a bit frustrating since it's one of the higher end games for GameCube that I still don't have. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think maybe print numbers, I have no idea but guessing go go hypergrind had a smaller run so it's getting harder to find? Fire emblem hype was up when three houses came out and now has died down a bit?

All I know is I deeply regret selling my copy back in the day for nothing, would really like it back in the collection (yay spumco animation) but can't even bother with how much it has been going for.

Gotdam, you'd think a game made in part by someone outed as a paedo wouldn't be this high in demand. I don't even remember what i let my sealed copy go for but it involved  either a copy of Earthbound, or a sega saturn and a bunch of loose games. Only paid like 20 bucks for it, so even now it's a sure fire win for sure.

On 11/20/2019 at 7:19 AM, PineappleLawnchair said:

Gotdam, you'd think a game made in part by someone outed as a paedo wouldn't be this high in demand. I don't even remember what i let my sealed copy go for but it involved  either a copy of Earthbound, or a sega saturn and a bunch of loose games. Only paid like 20 bucks for it, so even now it's a sure fire win for sure.

Since when has a little notoriety, a little infamy, ever been bad for business? This is the first I've ever heard of the game, and now it's got an interesting story attached! Either way, that guy isn't gonna see any of the proceeds from an eBay sale, so no harm no foul!

On 11/19/2019 at 6:19 PM, PineappleLawnchair said:

Sorry for being out of the loop but whats the pedo guy story?

Huh I didn't know FE got that high either and definitely not Hypergrind.  I've let go of a couple FEs over the last few years I've found after giving them a little time, but I've never had the other.  But hey you could be worse off and in need of Cubivore.  Dear god the price of that one sucks and I'm glad I've held onto mine or forget it.

1 minute ago, Tanooki said:

Huh I didn't know FE got that high either and definitely not Hypergrind.  I've let go of a couple FEs over the last few years I've found after giving them a little time, but I've never had the other.  But hey you could be worse off and in need of Cubivore.  Dear god the price of that one sucks and I'm glad I've held onto mine or forget it.

I paid $220 for Cubivore earlier this year. 

No regrets... 🙂

On 11/21/2019 at 8:02 AM, drxandy said:

Sorry for being out of the loop but whats the pedo guy story?

Really more Hebe then Pedo, but same difference in Cali. One or two of the Spumco animators came out and said John K screwed them when they were underaged, there's a bunch of other allegations too, but IIRC, none of the others weren't confirmed by John K's Laywer.

On 11/20/2019 at 8:21 PM, OptOut said:

Since when has a little notoriety, a little infamy, ever been bad for business? This is the first I've ever heard of the game, and now it's got an interesting story attached! Either way, that guy isn't gonna see any of the proceeds from an eBay sale, so no harm no foul!

You're right about the used sales, but i mean, Look at Kevin Spacey, those allegations come out and BOOM, his next movie bombs incredibly hard and he's dropped from everything. Controversial marketing only works so well.

Edited by PineappleLawnchair
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

oof. I felt like I was overpaying at $100 not too long ago...

Here's a copy not too far above $150 for buy it now https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fire-Emblem-Path-Of-Radiance-Nintendo-GameCube-Excellent-Condition/264624675871?hash=item3d9cdc1c1f:g:C2QAAOSwkoleOzqm

The price increase may have something to do with the newest fire emblem game on switch being reviewed and received very well, selling well and probably adding new fans to the serious and attracting more attention to the older games. also related, is the release of another fire emblem character in smash bros. The serious gets a decent amount of love and support which likely keeps fans and collectors thinking about it.

On 11/22/2019 at 8:57 PM, OptOut said:

This should get you up to speed! 

Oh wow. fuck him. I never knew. I used to really like Ren and Stumpy too.

Ill skip this game in my (slow) quest for a complete GC set. I just can't bring myself to own something a child predator made.

As far as I can guess, he focused on kid shows to lure little girls. Predators do shit like this.

2 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

Oh wow. fuck him. I never knew. I used to really like Ren and Stumpy too.

Ill skip this game in my (slow) quest for a complete GC set. I just can't bring myself to own something a child predator made.

As far as I can guess, he focused on kid shows to lure little girls. Predators do shit like this.

I mean, you do you, and it's not my intention to stand up for pedos or whatever, but look at the credit scroll next time you beat a game... There's a lot of names in there, what are the chances that some of those guys are pedos too?

I have no qualms about owning games or other media/products made by bad people, if you get down to the nitty gritty you'd probably have to live in a cave in the woods on your own to completely avoid second hand guilt for all the terrible things that are done by the people who feed, clothe and entertain you...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OptOut said:

I mean, you do you, and it's not my intention to stand up for pedos or whatever, but look at the credit scroll next time you beat a game... There's a lot of names in there, what are the chances that some of those guys are pedos too?

I have no qualms about owning games or other media/products made by bad people, if you get down to the nitty gritty you'd probably have to live in a cave in the woods on your own to completely avoid second hand guilt for all the terrible things that are done by the people who feed, clothe and entertain you...

Nope. People who prey on children can fuck off. 

9 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Totally respect and appreciate your principled stance on this.

Unrelated: if anyone is in possession of this title and wishes to divest of it after learning about this appalling revelation, please PM me.

Its such a sad thing. This title was on my radar and was gonna be one of my next purchases. I really really like his artwork, too.

If I had one, I would sell it to you. I dont judge people who want it or own it. I dont judge people that can separate the artwork from the artist and still enjoy it for what it is. And some people really enjoy having a bit of notoriety in their collections. I get that and respect it. It's just not for me.

This must be how people who grew up huge fans of bill cosby and r Kelly must feel. Ugh.