IGNORED

The Nintendo PlayStation Prototype is for sale

If it's a Go Collect purchase, I'm going to guess it "sells" for waaaaaaay higher in order to draw more eyes and create more articles.  

I'm going with $125,000.

I wouldn't look at is as a strict sale for the hardware, but a combination of the hardware and the marketing bump that it could possibly generate.  Not a dumb move on their part. 

Homebrew Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Confirmed, cannot afford.

It is a crazy piece of history.  The thing is though, you can't do much with it. No games were made for it, to my knowledge.  It can play SNES carts though.  It is definitely very valuable, as being the only known prototype, but I can not fathom it being worth millions.  

It's just either the owner being delusional from years of fanboys sucking up to them and all the glory from shows and the ben heck repairs, or that's truly the I don't want to tell price just to put a number on it to quietly and nicely say screw you not for sale without just saying it.

In other words, even Dr Evil can't afford it.

drevilonemilliondollars.gif

• Like 1

3 million may be a stretch, but of all the videogame related items out there that might possibly pull down anywhere near that figure, this has got to be a contender.

I mean historical significance is one thing, but before this unit was discovered it was practically a myth and a legend rather than a tangible object that it was ever thought possible to own. To hold the ACTUAL Nintendo Playstation in your hands still sounds like a fantasy to me, it really is that special.

Add in the fact that this is likely one-of-a-kind (or as close to that as you can get), and yeah why not at least a million?!

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted

Historical significance aside, that console looks really slick. I like the design even more than the original SNES and SFC - especially if you picture it without all the yellowing from age. 

If I ever got my hands on something like that, though, I'd probably be the scoundrel who just uses it to play SNES carts instead of making any effort at preservation haha.

-CasualCart

Nintendo Playstation.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Yelir said:

I got a good chuckle out of the early price estimates in this thread! The more important question, could you justify spending at least a million dollars on this kind of item if you had the cash?

I still say it should be worth 15k.

That's a reasonable crazy price for a proto piece of hardware that has no games exclusive to it.

I wouldn't even really want to own, should be donated to a museum.