Scrobins

VGS Homebrew on the Horizon

Just now, Scrobins said:

I suspect if this goes well, First Press Games will do more homebrew collaborations to bring more games to the Famicom.

I am not familiar with them, who is behind this company?

2 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

I am not familiar with them, who is behind this company?

They’re based out of Germany. They started off looking like an alternative to LRG and SLG and even did a re-release of the chiptune soundtrack to A Hole New World, originally sold by LRG. They appeared on my radar when they handled the KS for the GB homebrew Tobu Tobu Girl Deluxe.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Is Tobu Tobu still available? I remember seeing it and wanted to get it when the ks has been around, but funds were thin then so I had to pass.

Yep, check out their website and you’ll see the US/EU version, the JP regular edition, and the JP limited edition. They also have a famicom edition of the A Hole New World soundtrack.

https://firstpressgames.com/collections/collection?page=3

• Like 1

Were there any new updates on Rollie? I hadn’t seen anything from Kickstarter in awhile. 

42 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Were there any new updates on Rollie? I hadn’t seen anything from Kickstarter in awhile. 

An update from The 6502 Collective on the Trophy Kickstarter page yesterday mentioned Rollie when discussing manufacturing delays:

Most of the small delays that we have encountered will not be felt with the Trophy release, as it should only be delayed a month, and the fallout has been worse on Collective projects that were already further along. In those cases we have had everything save a single piece, with stacks of games built and waiting for it. For those who backed or have since pre-ordered Optomon's Rollie, please know that it has not been due to lack of effort to secure parts, and that the project will be shipping soon. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/solegoose/trophy/posts/2881973

• Thanks 1