IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Tournament Round 1 - Popeye

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted
31 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

That is probably the most disgusting choice of booze ever.

When I lived in Cincy everybody drank Jim Beam.   Blegh.

Really? I'd take cheap bourbon over most cheap vodka-rhum-gin any day, but especially over cheap canadian whisky. I can't get into canadian whisky.

Low shelf Jim Beam and Jack Daniel's are definitely meh, but I do really enjoy the better bourbon, and you can get good stuff at an excellent price range VS Scotch.

Vodka straight for me .

I use to drink skol. Popov is a decent cheap vodka. Burnetts is better. 
stoli is my favorite. 

I don’t like Smirnoff. 

then gin and tonic.
but it’s gotta be decent gin.

Tanqueray

bombay

hendricks is my favorite. 

clear>color

Edited by skinnygrinny
  • Like 1

Events Team · Posted

Knob Creek is nice for sure, but sometimes I find it a little rough, like overpowering, but I enjoy it very much.

I like the silky texture and classic taste of original blanton's a lot, woodford reserve double oaked is delicious.

I wish I could buy them at US price, they are much more expensive here in Canada.

Events Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Amateurs😁

image.jpg

I wish I could taste that, is the hype wholly deserved?

And that's an excellent illustration of my Canadian problems with bourbon, the selection we have for sale on here is absolutely minuscule compared to what's truly made in the US. No chance I can land anything from Pappy Van Winkle's. Even with Blanton's we usually get some stupid 'special reserve' version dumbed down to 80 proof and certainly not straight from the barrel. About 5 days ago, I was randomly looking whisky bottles at my usual liquor store, and there was 1 blanton's original bottle, you can bet I disappeared with it, and the price was awkwardly okay for once. Checked online the availability (alcohol is state run in Quebec, only one franchise sell booze), and it seems there is a dozen bottle scattered through my town. I bet they're almost all sold now.