IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Tournament Round 1 - Popeye

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!

ARE YOU READY FOR A WEEK FULL OF ACTION, PASSION, TENSION AND SUSPENSE?
I hope you are, for we are starting with the VERY FIRST VGS WEEKLY CONTEST tournament.
The player that emerge victorious will forever carry the laurels of being the VERY FIRST VGS WEEKLY TOURNAMENT CHAMPION!

This year, these twelve mighty warriors secured a spot to compete on the tournament:

• 8bitdontquit
  • Skinnygrinny
  • bertsampsom
  • Barrels
  • mdb39
  • Tablew/chairs
  • RichardHead
  • Gloves
  • Superjimtendo
  • JamesRobot
  • Ausden
  • Californication

For  the first round, they will compete in a fast and furious bout of the classic Popeye!
The rules that will define who will be victorious are:

• Play on 1 PLAYER GAME B
  • Play ONE loop
  • LATE PICTURE RECOMMENDATION : It is better to take your screenshot just before the game over screen (press on pause in any cases). If you happen to beat the third stage, pause the game as soon as possible to take your pic. Your score will still count whatever the form of your pic as this came up way too late during the week.
  • Anyone suspected of playing more than one loop or play any bit of the first stage of the 2nd loop will be ELIMINATED from the tournament
  • Highest score wins

May the best sailor get the spinach!

The contest ends Sunday, 11/17/19 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun

" If I was gonna be Swee'Pea's mother, I should've at least let Olive be his father. Or viska versa. I ain't man enough to be no mother. " - Popeye et all, 1980

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
1st tablew/chairs 97,910
2nd skinnygrinny 91,930
3rd bertsampson 88,230
4th mbd39 84,130
5th 8bitdontquit 78,930
6th Richardhead 76,760
7th JamesRobot 76,580
8th barrels 73,830
9th SuperJimtendo 67,860