IGNORED

The World of SCG

19 minutes ago, Sign Collector Guy said:

Nope. Just an all in one system that sold poorly. You could buy a genesis and sega cd separately for less than this thing retailed for. lol

Ah, the economics of technology. Will the people pay more for convenience? Not if they don't want the product in the first place. 🤣😂

I can picture the meeting where they came up with this:

Underling: "Sir, people aren't buying the Sega CD! They say the games are terrible."

Smart Boss Guy: "Let's make a more expensive version."

Underling: "And as for the games?"

Smart Boss Guy: "You're fired."

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nes Freak said:

mighty nice!   the toys r us pick up sign is an interesting touch 😛  toys r us must have been a big part of your childhood?

It is the main store I frequented growing up. One memory I still recall is picking up my Zelda OOT preorder for N64. Earlier era I did not buy alot of games and parents did not buy me alot of games. mom and pop local video store we rented alot of games. I was a big rental kid. 

20 hours ago, Sign Collector Guy said:

It is the main store I frequented growing up. One memory I still recall is picking up my Zelda OOT preorder for N64. Earlier era I did not buy alot of games and parents did not buy me alot of games. mom and pop local video store we rented alot of games. I was a big rental kid. 

yeah same here 😛  the only games i remember getting from toys r us was clearance sega titles.  i rarly got to go to toys r us as a kid.  it was still a big memory of mine though.  i used to rent video games all the time from blockbuster and hollywood video.  rented some of them so much i ended up buying some of them when they discontinued them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My collection in May of 2015. I have not been doing this as long as many but I certainly got hooked and made up for lost time in a hurry. The sign bug bit me in 2016 and glad I was able to get what I have in a short time. Aquiring stuff even a few short years later has really changed. 

797C1369-7F22-479D-9490-07AD21070BBB.jpeg

New sign for the collection. Been wanting something Original Xbox. Having its original packaging is a bonus and the history is great. 

Pre launch sign Part  #XM000049
Originally shipped to KB Toys store #1761 at First Colony Mall in Sugar Land Texas. 

Sign is date stamped October 2001. Xbox launched in November of that year. 

What is probably the best thing I like is the note on the back of the sign asking to save this sign for a person named Elmer. For sure leaving it on.  Added various pics as well. 

Ebay seller was awesome and let me negotiate the price down. Always a haggler. 😀

3DF0CEB6-33FE-448D-A946-1B76F1E7B95B.jpeg

319A0F02-403D-403F-8D6A-C58488FF1464.jpeg

A4DDD395-8B64-4CA5-AB8C-D1161F0478DC.jpeg

53280CC9-1E5A-4910-B4F2-924F0B531CDF.jpeg

683E1DDA-2AEB-4BF3-8CF0-D6515893DA57.jpeg

780FD0D3-B7B7-47BD-861E-03A978B4AE89.jpeg

381185D0-945F-4741-823F-4BBCFAD91628.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...