IGNORED

3dSen - The 3D NES Emulator

geod

Hello everyone,

3dSen is a passion project that i have been working for more than 4 years and up to now i still don't have any clue when it will be finished if ever. I just want to keep going as long and as far as possible.

Anyway a big milestone has just happened for the project today  - it has its own Steam store page at:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1147940/3dSen_PC/

Current list of supported games

Trailer

Thanks for checking it out!

Edited by geod
formating
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is just completely amazing!

Now, I'm not an expert on this or anything, but don't you need like special files to be created to tell the emulator what and how to display things. Like the emulator doesn't create all these effect automatically right?

This is very cool. It gives the NES games a whole new experience. Thanks for all your work on this emulator and let hope that it only advances more.

11 minutes ago, erockbrox said:

Now, I'm not an expert on this or anything, but don't you need like special files to be created to tell the emulator what and how to display things. Like the emulator doesn't create all these effect automatically right?

Yes each game need a special file ( i call it 3d profile) to obtain the perfect render like that.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I have a theoretical question. There are some games which are isometric games, like Solstice on the NES. Sometimes I have a hard time playing these games because of the perspective. However, with this 3D NES emulator, is it possible to change the perspective of the game so that the game is more like a non-isometric game.

The whole idea came from the fact that you can turn a non-isometric game like Pac-man into an isometric one simply by changing the 3D perspective in the emulator. My computer doesn't have a good graphics card in it so the 3D emulator doesn't run on my setup. If anyone has tried this let me know because I'm really curious.

Here, I played around a little bit in photoshop and tried to make something. This way when you press Down on the D-Pad your character actually goes down and not down diagonal. lol

xDvwfv3.png

I actually had to use a bunch of transformations on this but its possible.

Edited by erockbrox

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...