IGNORED

Official Detailed Nintendo Power Issue List

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, noiseredux said:

woah, this is news to me. Can you post a pic?

Here you go.  Most of the Subscriber Editions were small variants, like #278 had a gray background for subscribers and blue for newsstands.  Some like #284 and #280 (and maybe some others?) were totally different than the newsstand issues.  Only reason I know was because I was a subscriber to the bitter end 🙁

20200623_083513.jpg

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

Here you go.  Most of the Subscriber Editions were small variants, like #278 had a gray background for subscribers and blue for newsstands.  Some like #284 and #280 (and maybe some others?) were totally different than the newsstand issues.

20200623_083513.jpg

wow, this is a fantastic cover. Thank you. The only true alternate cover I could think of like that was the Mega Man 10 cover (#250). I had forgotten about #280. Would love to know if there were any others. Thanks again for posting this!

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 6:24 PM, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

I recently rediscovered my NP magazines, and I found two posters loose. One of them I identified as the mario poster from issue 260 with the help of this list, but I can't figure out the other one for sure. It's a metroid poster with a 2010 copyright, so I'm guessing it came from issue 255 with the other m cover, but there's no posters listed for that issue. Does anyone know? 

IMG_20200130_171416.thumb.jpg.5f97acd3d43a085448e587c4017ee0f3.jpgIMG_20200130_171448.thumb.jpg.a0df4725bf95d5986f432468df483df8.jpg

It's just a normal post, so you would need @acidjaguar to edit it. 

This came with my issue of 255, I had tucked it in there and found it recently

• Thanks 1

Moderator · Posted
1 hour ago, noiseredux said:

Question: What is the Zelda poster listed as included with #1? I don't actually own #1, but all the pics I see online shows that it came with this poster:

BL Poster

That’s the one and features this on the other side 

3DB57713-D29C-453B-A63F-F21202A04982.jpeg

• Like 1

Moderator · Posted
15 minutes ago, noiseredux said:

ah, gotcha. I guess in my mind, the baseball one is the poster, and the Zelda side is just a fold-out map/part of the Zelda article.

I'm wondering if other posters listed on here actually are double sided posters and not noted?

Yeah, nearly all of them are. I’m not sure why only one side is listed, maybe @acidjaguar knows why? 

On 6/24/2020 at 11:21 AM, noiseredux said:

ah, gotcha. I guess in my mind, the baseball one is the poster, and the Zelda side is just a fold-out map/part of the Zelda article.

I'm wondering if other posters listed on here actually are double sided posters and not noted?

On 6/24/2020 at 11:37 AM, doner24 said:

Yeah, nearly all of them are. I’m not sure why only one side is listed, maybe @acidjaguar knows why? 

This is certainly just an oversight on when the list was created.  I will change it to be the craptastic Baseball poster as technically it should be.  Zedla map is way cooler though IMO 😉

@noiseredux - most all the posters listed here are the actual poster as you had shown in your original pic.  On the backside of most all the magazine's foldout was some sort of overworld map, walkthrough for platformer levels, maybe a promotional trifold advertisement, etc.... so everything listed on here would and should be what the actual tri-fold poster depicted and not the informational back side.

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2020 at 4:25 AM, retro_escape said:

Awesome work on the list guys!

How sure are you that the later (200+) issues didn't have an attached poster?

I thought pretty much every issue did so I was basing my purchases to make sure they are in there.

Near 100% certain. After 2008 very few issues had posters. I'm pretty sure the magazine was falling on hard times at that point, and letting go of the posters was a cost-savings measure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to say thanks for this list, it's a lot of help now.  It was nice to browse before, but I've come across a LOT of NP mags in this month starting with 40 locally.  As of now between issues 1-75 I'm only missing 10 of those, and still have a decent amount above that too with the last I think being 130, 134, and 136.  I'm kind of tempted to at least round out the SNES/VB era stuff.  This guide helped put some nice pieces of insert paper back (the booklets, guides) back into their proper issues.

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2020 at 9:25 AM, smalltownguy2 said:

Near 100% certain. After 2008 very few issues had posters. I'm pretty sure the magazine was falling on hard times at that point, and letting go of the posters was a cost-savings measure.

Co-signing. I have almost every issue after 200. They never have posters.

• 1 month later...
On 10/13/2020 at 10:09 PM, acidjaguar said:

Looks like there are a few variants to the lenticular card.... anyone have evidence of more than these two?? 

lenticular 1.JPG

lenticular 2.JPG

Hey guys! After looking for this same list that was on NA, I realized that website is gone now! After a little bit of searching I discovered this site and just joined it. There is so much good information here.

I have almost a full set of NP magazines with a lot of the super power supplies catalogs and what not, and I'm happy to help add anything that might be missing. 

Anyways enough with that intro. I wanted to say that I have a different variant of this card in my magazine and have evidence of third variant as well.