IGNORED

VGS Homebrew Almanac

Scrobins

On 5/3/2020 at 12:47 PM, Scrobins said:

@TylerBarnes you’re also really plugged in to the scene, can you shed any light on this question?

I never remember the cart becoming a tangible thing. HeavyW8Bit coulda made it happen though; Made some sick stuff on NES. 

Just downloaded the rom and looked at the mapper it uses. He is using Mapper 66 (https://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/GxROM

My guess to why it was never released would be simply to the cost and time needed to acquire GxROM donor carts for production.

His utility carts would not need much space, and I'm guessing he went for GxROM for NOFX only to accommodate the large amount of data that a cover cart requires in comparison to something like his NESK-1. 

Cheapest GxROM cart I see on ebay is around $10 are there are not many of them to gather for disassembly and reproduction. 

Edited by TylerBarnes

Moderator · Posted

Added RC 2 Rally for Famicom, which while out of stock at the moment, was available on Impact Soft (maker of Haradius Zero)'s page as the game pre-loaded onto his flashable cart. Link for Haradius Zero also updated (specifically linking to overseas purchase option).

• Like 1

Moderator · Posted

Some cool chiptune news: 5seven Records just launched a second run of King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard NES chiptune, which has more albums on it than the first run.

Since this has additional, unique content, this puppy will have a separate entry from its predecessor.

https://5sevenrecords.bigcartel.com/product/8-bit-gizz-nes-cart-on-lizard-green-cart

Moderator · Posted

Moved The Warp Coin Catastrophe to here from the Horizon thread.

Also, 5seven Records has put up two copies of their 2nd NES chiptune release of Polygondwanaland on eBay with all proceeds going to charity, here is the link to one of them: https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-bit-Escapades-King-Gizzards-Polygondwanaland-On-River-Gator-Green-NES-Cart/114234055517?hash=item1a98e15b5d:g:o8wAAOSwNp1eyY0J

Moderator · Posted

Added The Incident: Remastered

I've also had a change of heart in how I document some game variants, while I will still not include limited editions that are essentially the same game (and what that means is still I'll determine on a rolling basis), I will provide separate entries for games with new graphics, added content, etc.

Moderator · Posted

Massive Mega Cat update concerning their Genesis catalog!

1) 3 new games are up: Gluf, Romeow & Julicat, and Yazzie

2) Tanglewood is now in their store and available

3) Arkagis Revolution is now listed; available for pre-order at Broke Studios (it's unclear if this is a pre-order as well since Broke Studio's pre-orders haven't been fulfilled yet)

Moderator · Posted

Several updates from the eBay store of tiberiyltim: Double Symbol is not longer available, but he has added Mega Casanova, Racer, and Smiley & Smiley to his store. At the moment he is offering bundles of Mega Casanova with either Racer or Smiley & Smiley, and Smiley & Smiley is listed as available on its own.