IGNORED

Limited Run Games

20 hours ago, ChickenTendas said:

Something like Blazing Chrome (1500) not so much. I just find it ironic and annoying when they preach about preservation and their entire business model is... pretty much the exact opposite of that.

Blazing Chrome was an open preorder. The 1500 stuff was just the silly collector's thing released alongside it, which really doesn't play into the "preservation" angle.

It's the same thing for the Astro City - it's not a limited product, you can go out and order one now, and you can do it after the LRG stock is sold out, a release like this has no relevance outside of the same collector niche that is causing the "issue" in the first place. For any release that exists in a non-limited manner like that, it's a self contained issue, that a casual consumer shouldn't have to care about.

Btw. Does LRG actually "preach about preservation"?

Edited by Sumez

2 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Gauging interest in someone buying this many of the cards in a bulk order.  If that is up someone's alley I could share the specifics with them

IMG_20210324_094646.jpg

If no one is interested, I might be.  I'm not interested in paying much and I have no clue if some are worth money but, eh, I always had a thing for paper feelies.  Just let me know what you think is fair for the lot.  I could use a case like that for the 6-8 I have to go in there with it anyway.

3 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Gauging interest in someone buying this many of the cards in a bulk order.  If that is up someone's alley I could share the specifics with them

I'm in the same boat as @RH.  I actually love the cards and I keep them in a binder.  But I told myself long ago, that I'm not going to pay money for them.  I will only collect the ones I get with the games I buy, and any free ones I might find along the way.

@Reed Rothchild @Sumez

As a general rule of thumb, any gold card can typically be sold for at least $15.  The standard cards are typically worth much less, but of course there are some exceptions.  I personally don't follow the values, so I'm probably not the best person to ask.  But as I mentioned before, there are so super die hard LRG collectors on Facebook.  Many of them have purchased EVERYTHING from LRG including both SE and CE.  Some of these guys are even going for full cards sets as well.  It's pretty nuts.  

40 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I'm in the same boat as @RH.  I actually love the cards and I keep them in a binder.  But I told myself long ago, that I'm not going to pay money for them.  I will only collect the ones I get with the games I buy, and any free ones I might find along the way.

@Reed Rothchild @Sumez

As a general rule of thumb, any gold card can typically be sold for at least $15.  The standard cards are typically worth much less, but of course there are some exceptions.  I personally don't follow the values, so I'm probably not the best person to ask.  But as I mentioned before, there are so super die hard LRG collectors on Facebook.  Many of them have purchased EVERYTHING from LRG including both SE and CE.  Some of these guys are even going for full cards sets as well.  It's pretty nuts.  

What are gold cards?

3 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

What are gold cards?

A small percentage of the trading cards are gold colored.  They are given out randomly (although some of the larger bundles are sometimes guaranteed to include one).  They tend to be worth a little more simply because they aren't common and even if you buy everything, you might not always get one.

I've only received two in all of the purchases I've made.  I sold one to a NA member who wanted it and I've kept the other.  Although if it's worth $15 or more, I would probably sell that one too.  I'm just too lazy to bother listing it right now.  

26 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Looks like 3 golds

I can't see your Night Trap card very well, but if that's a gold card, I would expect that one to sell easily.  Again, I haven't checked the prices on this stuff in a while, so I'm just guessing.  But I would try to sell any gold cards individually and sell the non gold cards as a bundle.  

Since we are talking about cards, I will mention this as well.  Since LRG only prints the cards one time, they give away the printing plate randomly to customers.  I've seen a hand full of people online who have received them, and I personally know a collector who lives 10 minutes from me who received one.  His plate was for one of the Star Wars games which was super cool for him because he is also a huge Star Wars collector.  Those plates are actually very valuable because there is only one for each card.  I've never bothered to see what they sell for, but it would be super cool to get one someday.   

14 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

As a general rule of thumb, any gold card can typically be sold for at least $15.  The standard cards are typically worth much less, but of course there are some exceptions.  I personally don't follow the values, so I'm probably not the best person to ask.  But as I mentioned before, there are so super die hard LRG collectors on Facebook.

Wait, so every copy of the same game doesn't ship with the same card?
Man this is even more stupid than I thought. 😛

Still gonna throw them out tho

Edited by Sumez

I'm just being facetious, I didn't consciously throw anything out.

I might as well have though, because those things are just floating around anywhere, and I have no idea where they are. Some might have been lost/thrown out without me noticing, others seem to be put inside the case next to the game.

I found a few of them, and I can tell at least my BMZ1 card is "gold", but most of them I really don't have a clue where to look for.

6 minutes ago, Sumez said:

I'm just being facetious, I didn't consciously throw anything out.

I might as well have though, because those things are just floating around anywhere, and I have no idea where they are. Some might have been lost/thrown out without me noticing, others seem to be put inside the case next to the game.

I found a few of them, and I can tell at least my BMZ1 card is "gold", but most of them I really don't have a clue where to look for.

To be clear, my comment was a bit light hearted.  I'm a firm believer that peoples stuff is their stuff, and they can do with it whatever they want.  The few exceptions are the very exceptional items of extremely significant historical importance that have made there ways into collectors hands through back channels and possibly illegal paths.  Those items need to be discovered and preserved.  But, everything else is fair game.  Tear them up and toss them.  I'd cringe at the thought but heh, what's yours is yours and who am I to judge what you do with it? 

Edited by RH

I don't know much of what to do with those cards either.  I put them into the center fold of the manual and just leave them in the game case out of the way basically -- 0/6 on golds too.  Not that I'd care, end up in the same place but you got me curious as I had no idea they did that, or the plates.  I would have freaked had I bought a star wars reissue and got one of those.  It would be stunning to get a plate with whenever they decide to ship Doom 64 (or Shantae GBC as it was a 2 game order.)

39 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I don't know much of what to do with those cards either.  I put them into the center fold of the manual and just leave them in the game case out of the way basically -- 0/6 on golds too.  Not that I'd care, end up in the same place but you got me curious as I had no idea they did that, or the plates.  I would have freaked had I bought a star wars reissue and got one of those.  It would be stunning to get a plate with whenever they decide to ship Doom 64 (or Shantae GBC as it was a 2 game order.)

sell 'em to me! lol

Oh hell, I've had a bad morning. Tried to buy the Animal Crossing Sanrio Amiibo cards at 9am, couldn't get them after an hour of trying. Was still trying to get them when the Astro City Minis went live on Limited Run's website, didn't realize it until just now, went to check, of course. Sold out. 

Maybe I need a different hobby. 

2 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Oh hell, I've had a bad morning. Tried to buy the Animal Crossing Sanrio Amiibo cards at 9am, couldn't get them after an hour of trying. Was still trying to get them when the Astro City Minis went live on Limited Run's website, didn't realize it until just now, went to check, of course. Sold out. 

Maybe I need a different hobby. 

Astro Mini controllers were sold out within 2 minutes 😡😡😡