IGNORED

Limited Run Games

Speaking of outstanding orders, everything of mine basically is with just a vague Q4 2020 on it.  Now Doom gets a pass it is still open, and Shantae GBC is recent too.  Blaster Master 0 1+2, Panzer Dragoon, Grandia, they're just well taking a long vacation.  So far with them my only experience first hand is Streets of Rage 4, not sure what I'm to think about delays as it seems kind of irresponsible in how it's handled reading many peoples comments beyond these walls too.

9 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Speaking of outstanding orders, everything of mine basically is with just a vague Q4 2020 on it.  Now Doom gets a pass it is still open, and Shantae GBC is recent too.  Blaster Master 0 1+2, Panzer Dragoon, Grandia, they're just well taking a long vacation.  So far with them my only experience first hand is Streets of Rage 4, not sure what I'm to think about delays as it seems kind of irresponsible in how it's handled reading many peoples comments beyond these walls too.

I bought my first LRG stuff this year too.  First was Monkey Island for Sega CD and that seemed like a LOOOONG time to fulfill.  I also did the Streets of Rage 4 and that came a week after Monkey Island, even though it opened a month after that game.

I now have gotten two of the four Toplan games (Truxton and Zero Wing) and also the Mummy Demastered.  Hoping those come right before Xmas!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sumer said:

I bought my first LRG stuff this year too.  First was Monkey Island for Sega CD and that seemed like a LOOOONG time to fulfill.  I also did the Streets of Rage 4 and that came a week after Monkey Island, even though it opened a month after that game.

I now have gotten two of the four Toplan games (Truxton and Zero Wing) and also the Mummy Demastered.  Hoping those come right before Xmas!

Specifically speaking of the Mummy Switch version, that preorder closes on Nov. 22nd. Unfortunately there is realistically 0% chance you will see that before spring  2021. Occasionally LRG will get something out "quick" by their standards (a month or two) but that only applies to games they have preprinted a certain amount of. Which are always their distributed titles not part of their numbered releases.

Edited by LeatherRebel5150
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, avatar! said:

Yes. I think if you order within an hour or two of them releasing it you should be able to snag one without difficulty. 

Update: Darius Extra version is still in stock! ~38% stock left to go. 

Unrelated: Can anyone tell me, is The Mummy Demastered any good? I don’t know the backstory on this one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Unrelated: Can anyone tell me, is The Mummy Demastered any good? I don’t know the backstory on this one.

I read the game unlike the movie, isn't crap, but more like a SOTN style type game that was decently done well.  I just never bothered to get it, I think it was done by wayforward which rarely puts out trash.

I always check out steam to get some idea of the quality

https://store.steampowered.com/app/630310/The_Mummy_Demastered/

The more I look at the mummy demastered videos the more generic it looks. If there is a variety of weapons I don't see it in the clips. And the level design almost looks like screen shots of metroid. 

I don't mind a metroidvania from time to time, but considering there's dozens of them now, I need something with some personality like a Blasphemous or a Salt and Sanctuary. 

I ended up grabbing Doom, and Ion Fury but passed on the mummy.

4 hours ago, Californication said:

They cut out PS4 and I don't want to collect the next gen. 

Oh i get it now. Yeah i can see the dissappointment altough LRG has so small runs that it probably isn't viable for them to keep releasing for outphasing platforms. Also PS5 is supposed to be backwards compatible on "most" games whatever the fuck that's gonna mean.

This is the very first next-generation game from Annapurna Interactive and first physical edition PlayStation 5 game from iam8bit.

$52.99 - pricey, but I suppose we should expect ps5 games to be pricey for a while

temp.jpg

Edited by avatar!

Editorials Team · Posted
5 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I knew it was inevitable.  Can go alongside my copies of Night Trap and Double Switch.

18 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I mean, I get what you are saying, but why wouldn't it be the new normal?  

Maybe I said that wrong. I'm trying to find my original post were I went more in depth.

LRG isn't doing anything wrong, it's a business decision. I am assuming they will do this case by case until it normalizes.

By going to PS5 quickly, they are leaving a lot of potential customers on the table. There are a ton of PS4 owners, there will be late adopters to the PS5 and therefore there will be a smaller customer base for their open pre-orders. Also, the PS4 already has a library of digital only games that haven't been given physical copies yet. 

The downside of not moving to PS5 fast enough are a. Devs don't have the opportunity to take advantage of the PS5 hardware for new games and b. Customer opinion may change as the PS4 is thought of as last gen.

My gripe is really my dissapointment that I won't be able to take part in all of the future releases.

Just now, Californication said:

Maybe I said that wrong. I'm trying to find my original post were I went more in depth.

LRG isn't doing anything wrong, it's a business decision. I am assuming they will do this case by case until it normalizes.

By going to PS5 quickly, they are leaving a lot of potential customers on the table. There are a ton of PS4 owners, there will be late adopters to the PS5 and therefore there will be a smaller customer base for their open pre-orders. Also, the PS4 already has a library of digital only games that haven't been given physical copies yet. 

The downside of not moving to PS5 fast enough are a. Devs don't have the opportunity to take advantage of the PS5 hardware for new games and b. Customer opinion may change as the PS4 is thought of as last gen.

My gripe is really my dissapointment that I won't be able to take part in all of the future releases.

Fair enough.  The post I read came across very differently, but sometimes tone doesn't come across the way it's intended.  

With that said, I haven't ready anything saying that LRG has abandoned PS4 entirely.  Maybe I missed it and if so, I would like to read that post.  This is the first major generational change since LRG has started, so unfortunately, there isn't any history to compare to for past precedent.  But to your point, I would be surprised and a little disappointed if they drop support for PS4 entirely.  I've said it many times before, but I would love to see EVERY single digital only title (outside of online only games) get a physical copy.  

1 minute ago, TDIRunner said:

Fair enough.  The post I read came across very differently, but sometimes tone doesn't come across the way it's intended.  

With that said, I haven't ready anything saying that LRG has abandoned PS4 entirely.  Maybe I missed it and if so, I would like to read that post.  This is the first major generational change since LRG has started, so unfortunately, there isn't any history to compare to for past precedent.  But to your point, I would be surprised and a little disappointed if they drop support for PS4 entirely.  I've said it many times before, but I would love to see EVERY single digital only title (outside of online only games) get a physical copy.  

I mean LRG and others are still releasing Vita games, and until recently, a smattering of Wii U and 3DS games, so there’s no precedent to assume LRG is done with PS4