IGNORED

Limited Run Games

3 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

Except we know that this game was tested on the AVS and is supposed to work.

Which OG NES carts have failed for you on the AVS?

That was a while ago... I don't actually remember. I do remember being very surprised! It wasn't just one cart either, but a few of them. Haven't used my AVS in a long time, but might dust it off soon. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, avatar! said:

That was a while ago... I don't actually remember. I do remember being very surprised! It wasn't just one cart either, but a few of them. Haven't used my AVS in a long time, but might dust it off soon. 

I haven’t heard of any original NES games that are incompatible with the AVS except for light gun games, which is of course a given.

4 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

I haven’t heard of any original NES games that are incompatible with the AVS except for light gun games, which is of course a given.

Yeah, I don't what happened. I have a defective AVS? It works with most of my games, but every now and then it will just fail. Oh, I remember that Tetris absolutely I could NOT get to work on my AVS 😕 

1 minute ago, avatar! said:

Yeah, I don't what happened. I have a defective AVS? It works with most of my games, but every now and then it will just fail. Oh, I remember that Tetris absolutely I could NOT get to work on my AVS 😕 

My Tetris didn't work because of the green strip across the pin connector. Once I did the mod, it and the other green strip games worked fine.

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

My Tetris didn't work because of the green strip across the pin connector. Once I did the mod, it and the other green strip games worked fine.

This is what the issue was with the AVS and native games, many of them had this issue and did not work.

I don't blame Limited Run Games for wanting to confirm it doesn't work and getting you to prove it. If you get a replacement without proving it, they may have 30 more people say the same thing just trying to get a free game. If they give you a hassle about it and eventually send you a replacement, others will be less likely to want to go through that hassle when lying about it.

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

This is what the issue was with the AVS and native games, many of them had this issue and did not work.

I don't blame Limited Run Games for wanting to confirm it doesn't work and getting you to prove it. If you get a replacement without proving it, they may have 30 more people say the same thing just trying to get a free game. If they give you a hassle about it and eventually send you a replacement, others will be less likely to want to go through that hassle when lying about it.

I think you’re missing the point. I have zero issue with proving the game doesn’t work on my AVS, because I can easily do that.

I was just thinking, the PS5 is around the corner, LRG will certainly be reprinting games and releasing them on the PS5. Hopefully they'll reprint some expensive and difficult to find games such as Blasphemous. I wonder if they'll be any extras... hmmm? 

My latest response to Sarah re: my issue with the NES Mall Brawl cart, after some much needed pausing and reflecting:

Good morning Sarah,
I have been informed by others in the homebrew community that your company has unfortunately been the victim of scalpers trying to scam extra copies of games in the past to make a fast resale buck. I‘m very sorry to hear about that, and I swear, I’m not trying to scam an extra copy of the cart for scalping purposes—I will absolutely send back the cart I received in exchange for a replacement cart that has been tested on an AVS to make sure it works—I don’t mean to come across as a whiny entitled jerk and am profoundly sorry if I did — it’s just that another customer that’s having the same exact issue as me was already promised a replacement cart by a company CS rep and was told by that rep that the game was tested on an AVS and should work, hence the replacement, and then, after providing you with that information along with the ticket number for your reference, to immediately hear back from you that regardless of that, there’s nothing you can do for me unless I replicate the problem on original hardware, and you’ll talk to the other rep about the issue, presumably to make sure the other fellow doesn’t get his replacement either...well I’m sure you can see how that might come across to me. I’m more than happy to provide you with video evidence of the glitch on my AVS and have attached a video of the glitch to this message, and as I said above I’m absolutely willing to ship the cart back to you if I can get a replacement that works. I’ll even pay for the shipping if need be. I remain hopeful that we can get this resolved satisfactorily.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Nelson

20 hours ago, avatar! said:

I was just thinking, the PS5 is around the corner, LRG will certainly be reprinting games and releasing them on the PS5. Hopefully they'll reprint some expensive and difficult to find games such as Blasphemous. I wonder if they'll be any extras... hmmm? 

Im hoping they go one further and make a new Blasphemous SKU with the Stir of Dawn DLC included. It's legit one of my fav games ever, they did such a good job.

After seeing digital pricing on it for the Switch, or going by GoG/Steam for the individual HD remasters, the Switch package just made a lot more sense so I popped for it.  That's 4 LRG games in a year, before that I had only bothered with second hand golf story which I got tired of. 😄  Hopefully I can play it by Christmas since they're so fast at delivery.

Just thought I'd chime in that I got my copy of Mall Brawl for NES this week and fired it up for the first time tonight, and unfortunately I am also having similar glitch problems. I'm playing on an OG NES... The only mod I have on this one is Blinking Light Win installed. This is the first aftermarket NES game I've ever had a problem with on that deck, so I don't think it's the console.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, dvertov said:

Just thought I'd chime in that I got my copy of Mall Brawl for NES this week and fired it up for the first time tonight, and unfortunately I am also having similar glitch problems. I'm playing on an OG NES... The only mod I have on this one is Blinking Light Win installed. This is the first aftermarket NES game I've ever had a problem with on that deck, so I don't think it's the console.

Thank you for sharing that. I really hope that they’ll give us AVS users replacements as well as you NES users 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

I’m dying to play this game — the thirty seconds or so that I get to play (a minute if I’m lucky) is awesome, and it’s getting rave reviews from the community. But I’ve gotten nothing but crickets from LRG after my last response from three days ago on my open customer service ticket on my glitchy Mall Brawl cart. And with carts glitching on OG NES consoles as well as the AVS, who knows how many are bad? And I’m guessing they wouldn’t do a second production run, as that would be expensive. The chances of me getting a working replacement cart aren’t looking too good at the moment, I daresay. And LRG has already said they won’t release the ROM for download purchase, so I wouldn’t be able to use my PowerPak as a workaround (in the case that the ROM itself is ok and it’s the physical carts themselves that are causing the glitches — who knows at this point).

I just wanna play this goddamned game. It looks like one of the best games ever made for the system, period, OG or homebrew.

On 8/8/2020 at 11:53 AM, WaverBoy said:

I’m dying to play this game — the thirty seconds or so that I get to play (a minute if I’m lucky) is awesome, and it’s getting rave reviews from the community. But I’ve gotten nothing but crickets from LRG after my last response from three days ago on my open customer service ticket on my glitchy Mall Brawl cart. And with carts glitching on OG NES consoles as well as the AVS, who knows how many are bad? And I’m guessing they wouldn’t do a second production run, as that would be expensive. The chances of me getting a working replacement cart aren’t looking too good at the moment, I daresay. And LRG has already said they won’t release the ROM for download purchase, so I wouldn’t be able to use my PowerPak as a workaround (in the case that the ROM itself is ok and it’s the physical carts themselves that are causing the glitches — who knows at this point).

I just wanna play this goddamned game. It looks like one of the best games ever made for the system, period, OG or homebrew.

Couldn’t someone with the working cart just dump it and then you reflash your non working cart?

10 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Couldn’t someone with the working cart just dump it and then you reflash your non working cart?

That may end up being the workaround for the problem.  The ROM will likely become available one way or another.

I find it a little funny that the company about game preservation and sales isn't willing to provide the ROM that would help preserve the game.  I like what they do overall but that one's an odd choice to me. Nothing wrong with backups in multiple formats.

Edited by zeppelin03

Great news! Sarah of LRG finally responded to my last message:

“Hi Jeffrey Nelson,

I hope you're having a good afternoon!
My apologies for the delay, I had to verify that we could proceed without requiring tests on original hardware since use of 3rd party hardware was not mentioned anywhere in the listing.

We have a couple of options.
1. We can put in a replacement request so that we can process an exchange.
2. We can process a return for a full refund.

Just let me know how you would like to proceed.“

My response:

“Hi Sarah, Thank you SO MUCH for your reply! Yes indeed I would love to exchange for a working cart instead of a refund, as this looks like one of the best games ever made for the NES and I just gotta play it — would someone at LRG be able to test it on an AVS and make sure it works before it gets sent out, just to make sure, so we don’t waste your time and postage? And, again, I apologize for coming across so harshly 😞 .”

Her response:

”No worries at all! Normally for troubleshooting we'd refer folks to Nintendo or Sony but with retro titles that's not really an option. Our customer support staff is working remote, so we can't directly test it before shipping, but I do have that requested. As soon as I've heard back I'll send you an update so that we can get your exchange processed!”

Fingers crossed that they can find a cart for me that works on an AVS, and many thanks to LRG for taking care of this customer. 😊

4 hours ago, zeppelin03 said:

That may end up being the workaround for the problem.  The ROM will likely become available one way or another.

I find it a little funny that the company about game preservation and sales isn't willing to provide the ROM that would help preserve the game.  I like what they do overall but that one's an odd choice to me. Nothing wrong with backups in multiple formats.

It’s not surprising that they won’t release the rom. The rom probably doesn’t belong to them and as a professional business entity, it’s possibly a legal issue for them. 

I bet they don’t care if the rom gets dumped or distributed they just aren’t allowed to be the one to distribute it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, phart010 said:

It’s not surprising that they won’t release the rom. The rom probably doesn’t belong to them and as a professional business entity, it’s possibly a legal issue for them. 

I bet they don’t care if the rom gets dumped or distributed they just aren’t allowed to be the one to distribute it.

I get that they can't release it itself.  I just seen a number of games come out with a rom purchase option.  Always a nice option to have.