IGNORED

Limited Run Games

Shows what I was aware of, had no idea either of those were on PC until now. 😄  I've only got the original as a rent there on the Switch, damn now I have to consider my options. 😉  Switch won't be around for as long  as a Steam game will be kept up and running.  A few days ago even, I finally caved at a $10 (75% off) deal on GoG and got Yooka Laylee which seems pretty nice though a bit confusing on what to do yet exploring what I have is worth the price of admission.  And yet...still $50 for that on Switch which is bogus.

Got my 24hr warning mail from them about Blaster Master titles, popped up the pages on my browser so I don't forget, not that they'll run out with weeks to order.  Shame they didn't have the class to do a basic 2 pack deal without blowing well over $100 on a bunch of useless crap in a box as I'd have preferred that.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Got my 24hr warning mail from them about Blaster Master titles, popped up the pages on my browser so I don't forget, not that they'll run out with weeks to order.  Shame they didn't have the class to do a basic 2 pack deal without blowing well over $100 on a bunch of useless crap in a box as I'd have preferred that.

I kind of like the plastic sleeve they reused from Bloodstaine: Curse of the Moon. Not worth the extra money though.

Edited by Californication

Anyone play this? Know if the game is any fun, anything remarkable? Apparently it's ultra-violent, which is not a surprise it's a Devolver Digital game, and it looks like SRG is addicted to them! Quite honestly ultra-violence doesn't do anything to me. Not sure if all that gore is supposed to impressive or shock me or whatnot, but it doesn't. 

unnamed.png

I've got to ask never buying from them at LRG before, but do they typically give that like 4-8wk window for getting the game after the pre-order period is up?  I just noticed Panzer Dragoon quietly on the order page slid into 3rd quarter of this year (and I don't know if it only ever said it, but Streets of Rage is just 2020.)

8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I've got to ask never buying from them at LRG before, but do they typically give that like 4-8wk window for getting the game after the pre-order period is up?  I just noticed Panzer Dragoon quietly on the order page slid into 3rd quarter of this year (and I don't know if it only ever said it, but Streets of Rage is just 2020.)

Pre Covid you were looking at 3-4 months. Post Covid expect 6+. Their estimates were never accurate. Games that were pre-ordered in January haven't all shipped yet (Mighty Switch Force Collection) so if you order something now set expectations low on time frame. Unless the description says they have some pre-manufactured already which has happened a few times but rarely. 

16 hours ago, avatar! said:

Anyone play this? Know if the game is any fun, anything remarkable? Apparently it's ultra-violent, which is not a surprise it's a Devolver Digital game, and it looks like SRG is addicted to them! Quite honestly ultra-violence doesn't do anything to me. Not sure if all that gore is supposed to impressive or shock me or whatnot, but it doesn't. 

unnamed.png

When can we expect those exclusive collectibles to be revealed is there a trackrecord of how LRG tends to do these things?

3 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Pre Covid you were looking at 3-4 months. Post Covid expect 6+. Their estimates were never accurate. Games that were pre-ordered in January haven't all shipped yet (Mighty Switch Force Collection) so if you order something now set expectations low on time frame. Unless the description says they have some pre-manufactured already which has happened a few times but rarely. 

Ugh that's harsh.

Does this affect whatever would hit retail then too?  I can wait, but if this were to end up in a store months earlier I'd cancel and want my money back as that's asinine to make sales front shipment windows and just ignore them.  I won't go into it, sure there's a lot of bitching about their practices if this is normal already.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Ugh that's harsh.

Does this affect whatever would hit retail then too?  I can wait, but if this were to end up in a store months earlier I'd cancel and want my money back as that's asinine to make sales front shipment windows and just ignore them.  I won't go into it, sure there's a lot of bitching about their practices if this is normal already.

LRG does not sell their games to retail, with the exception that some of their games end up as limited quantities at Best Buy - by the way this does not apply to most LRG games, and they have never done that for any collector's edition. Also I'm not sure they still do this at all. 

PSA

Screenshot from 2020-05-30 12-12-57.png

Edited by avatar!

6 hours ago, Maartenvdz said:

Hi all,

I have been trying to find info on Limited Run print sizes, but can’t find it anymore since their forums shut down (I think it was on the same server). Does anyone know where to find this ?

thanks

Now that they're open order, there is no way to know. You'll have to contact them directly and they may not answer your questions. Although I'm also curious what their print sizes are. 

5 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Now that they're open order, there is no way to know. You'll have to contact them directly and they may not answer your questions. Although I'm also curious what their print sizes are. 

I’m pretty sure they were reporting their numbers after they went open order. Like I remember a list that had different numbers for open order releases, like 33k for Celeste being the biggest one. At some point I think they just decided to stop publishing this info.

3 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

I’m pretty sure they were reporting their numbers after they went open order. Like I remember a list that had different numbers for open order releases, like 33k for Celeste being the biggest one. At some point I think they just decided to stop publishing this info.

3 hours ago, avatar! said:

10 hours ago, Maartenvdz said:

Hi all,

I have been trying to find info on Limited Run print sizes, but can’t find it anymore since their forums shut down (I think it was on the same server). Does anyone know where to find this ?

thanks

The info stopped being released not that long after Celeste I think. If you look for a previous post of mine a few pages back I have the list of released games spreadsheet linked. At the bottom there is a tab specifically for LRG info which had the most recent numbers I could get at the time. I would find it myself but im at work at the moment 

17 hours ago, Jmbarnes101 said:

Really debating grabbing that Shantae Collector’s Edition which would be my second LRG game. I don’t even have a Switch yet, can’t find one at retail, but I loved those Shantae games for the Wii U. Are the Blaster Master games good? 

I have been picking up switch games since there are so many SRPGs  and strategy games I want to play on the format.   I haven't got a switch yet either - no big rush since they will release more at some point in time.  At least I will have the games to play on it when I get one.

Edited by Tabonga

On 5/30/2020 at 10:10 AM, avatar! said:

LRG does not sell their games to retail, with the exception that some of their games end up as limited quantities at Best Buy - by the way this does not apply to most LRG games, and they have never done that for any collector's edition. Also I'm not sure they still do this at all. 

PSA

Screenshot from 2020-05-30 12-12-57.png

I just orderd a copy of Divinity II definitive edition through Best Buy today.

1 minute ago, MiamiSlice said:

I think I need to get this. I don’t need another RPG but everyone says this one is the best.

It looked most excellent - and I don't think I want to pay what it will be in even a few months. (I just bought 2 out of print LRG games that I really wanted - OUCH!)

Even though it is listed through best buy on ebay for $60 other sellers are jacking up the price (I suppose since it is listed as sold out at the LRG site),

8 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

It looked most excellent - and I don't think I want to pay what it will be in even a few months. (I just bought 2 out of print LRG games that I really wanted - OUCH!)

Even though it is listed through best buy on ebay for $60 other sellers are jacking up the price (I suppose since it is listed as sold out at the LRG site),

Was $59.99 the price from LRG’s site too?

edit: nevermind, it was

Edited by MiamiSlice

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

I just orderd a copy of Divinity II definitive edition through Best Buy today.

One of my favorite games! Although technically you purchased Divinity Original Sin II 🙂

Yes, there was actually a Divinity II which is different than Original Sin II, and both are fabulous! 

By the way, it's currently $20 on the PS4. Also, the original Divinity Original Sin is a wonderful game as well.

Edited by avatar!