IGNORED

Limited Run Games

FYI.  LRG announced that they will not be shipping games while their area is under their county's stay at home order.  So keep in mind that shipping may be delayed even longer than normal.  Fortunately, they also announced that they are moving as much as possible to open pre-order with an extended amount of time to put the pre-order in.  That will hopefully make it easier to get the games that you want since the decision time is longer, and you don't have to worry about most stuff selling out.  

Did anyone here buy The Messenger cover art & manuals pack from the Sarge's Stockpile sale a weekend ago? I need just one cover art and maybe a manual to replace the ones I have that are a little beat up (I have the standard purple-ish cover) and was wondering if someone here would be willing to sell or trade me those. 

So anyone remember that Warned Collectors "limited games" site? Did anyone get their money back that bought from them> They closed for good secretly and never updated their site or Facebook just ghosted, so was wondering if they actually gave money back or did you have to do a dispute yourself? Just so glad I procrastinated and did not buy their games.

Administrator · Posted
14 minutes ago, Skorp said:

So anyone remember that Warned Collectors "limited games" site? Did anyone get their money back that bought from them> They closed for good secretly and never updated their site or Facebook just ghosted, so was wondering if they actually gave money back or did you have to do a dispute yourself? Just so glad I procrastinated and did not buy their games.

I totally forgot about them! Damn, so shitty they just ghosted...

8 hours ago, Skorp said:

Had not heard of this until you mentioned it. Was this just a big scam? 

I never ordered from Warned Collectors, but I know of a lot of people who did.  I'm not sure if anyone got their money or not, but I will look into it.  I didn't consider it a scam at the time, but it seemed pretty obvious to me long ago that they weren't going to make.  The fact that they closed completely without warning certainly raises even more red flags.  

It came to my mind yesterday for some reason, so I just went digging. They shutdown around July 2019 without any warning. They ignored all emails after that and never refunded anyone. So the only way you can get your money back was dispute/filing a claim. 😞 I remember some members on Nintendo Age talk about this so hopefully they got their money back. It definitely wasn't a scam to begin with, but they just weren't able to pull with it costing them a lot more money than expected. It is sad though that they had to do that to everyone though. Not even a notice or message. In the end, they ended up scamming people. There are still people on Facebook asking where their games are.

Edited by Skorp

1 hour ago, Skorp said:

It came to my mind yesterday for some reason, so I just went digging. They shutdown around July 2019 without any warning. They ignored all emails after that and never refunded anyone. So the only way you can get your money back was dispute/filing a claim. 😞 I remember some members on Nintendo Age talk about this so hopefully they got their money back. It definitely wasn't a scam to begin with, but they just weren't able to pull with it costing them a lot more money than expected. It is sad though that they had to do that to everyone though. Not even a notice or message. In the end, they ended up scamming people. There are still people on Facebook asking where their games are.

I am all for limited print companies but in this day in age we all have to be careful. I stop purchasing pre-orders from new companies that pop up until they are shipping. This can end up being one big ponzi scam with some companies that don't have the cash reserves to run a business. I won't name any but there are a few of them that keep adding games and have yet to deliver. The best run model currently is Super Rare Games, most of the items ship within a few days of purchase. 

1 hour ago, Mr. CIB said:

I am all for limited print companies but in this day in age we all have to be careful. I stop purchasing pre-orders from new companies that pop up until they are shipping. This can end up being one big ponzi scam with some companies that don't have the cash reserves to run a business. I won't name any but there are a few of them that keep adding games and have yet to deliver. The best run model currently is Super Rare Games, most of the items ship within a few days of purchase. 

Is it wrong for you to name them? I mean, you might be doing the rest of us a favor! 

Also, maybe we should keep tabs on the limited game companies out now? 

Hey all, based on the idea above, I'm updating the first post to change it into a database of companies that produce limited edition physical games.

Hopefully this will help collector's like us 🙂

I have a few more titles to fill in the next 30 or so minutes, after that, please let me know what I've missed! 

5 hours ago, avatar! said:

Hey all, based on the idea above, I'm updating the first post to change it into a database of companies that produce limited edition physical games.

Hopefully this will help collector's like us 🙂

I have a few more titles to fill in the next 30 or so minutes, after that, please let me know what I've missed! 

Depending how you look at it PM studios just relased their own limited print exclusive to their site not long ago called Hover.

The company that did Retro City Rampage, the name escapes me at the moment 

Dispatch Games has had some limited prints via their website, though I advise not ordering from them

VGNYsoft, they did the repackage of Gigantic Army (took Euro cart made new art and sold in NA). They also supposedly are doing another game this time claiming to be properly ESRB rated though I haven't seen evidence of the game on ESRB database, so I personally am suspicious of them

18 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Depending how you look at it PM studios just relased their own limited print exclusive to their site not long ago called Hover.

The company that did Retro City Rampage, the name escapes me at the moment 

Dispatch Games has had some limited prints via their website, though I advise not ordering from them

VGNYsoft, they did the repackage of Gigantic Army (took Euro cart made new art and sold in NA). They also supposedly are doing another game this time claiming to be properly ESRB rated though I haven't seen evidence of the game on ESRB database, so I personally am suspicious of them

Thanks. I'm probably going to pass on adding those right now. Vblank did Retro City Rampage, and that is all they have done. They did one clone and gave it a slightly more tropical setting, but it's basically the same game. The other companies I'm going to wait and see what happens.

It's funny.  People complain that these companies create artificial demand by not making enough copies for everyone to buy.  But back in the Atari 2600 days, people used to make games in their basements at home and sell them in catalogs and sell less than 10 copies.  Remember, it could always be worse. 😛

18 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

It's funny.  People complain that these companies create artificial demand by not making enough copies for everyone to buy.  But back in the Atari 2600 days, people used to make games in their basements at home and sell them in catalogs and sell less than 10 copies.  Remember, it could always be worse. 😛

I mean, every homebrew game that gets a physical is like this even today. There’s 50, maybe 100 copies and then that’s it!