IGNORED

Mattresses

Tulpa

My current mattress is lumpier than homemade mashed potatoes. I need a new one, and I live near several stores that have a good selection.

What's everyone sleeping/gaming/doin' the wild thing on?

Any opinions on innerspring vs memory foam vs those hybrid spring/foam jobs? I've heard some memory foam gets rather warm, but my current pillow is memory foam and I don't mind that.

Does anyone have any experience with the Bed in a Box thing? Our mattress and box spring is ungodly old, it's probably why we're always getting stuffy, I can only imagine the amount of dust and skin cells in it. I've never bought one before so don't even have an idea of what's best or price points to look for.

Moderator · Posted
Just now, Vaosu said:

Does anyone have any experience with the Bed in a Box thing? Our mattress and box spring is ungodly old, it's probably why we're always getting stuffy, I can only imagine the amount of dust and skin cells in it. I've never bought one before so don't even have an idea of what's best or price points to look for.

I have a ghostbed and really like it. I bought a king with the bottom portion and it cost around $1000. It’s really comfy and keeps me cool enough as I run hot. 

We need a new mattress.  I have back issues from a wreck I was in when I was 16.  My chiropractor recommended a King's Down, which is in his opinion, the best bang for the buck.  I'm frustrated when shopping for beds anyway. In the shop, soft is better, but I need a firm mattress for my back not to ache.  I'm not easily satisfied.

16 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Once you go memory foam, you won’t go back.

I disagree. Bought a top-of-the-line Tempur-Pedic and thought I was a god.

...for the first week.

Then came the terrible back problems.

We got rid of that {finally} and are currently on a firm Stearns and Foster. Night and day difference. I felt antiquated paying more than $2k for a spring mattress but it was worth every penny.

Edited by barrels
misspelled brand name

I couldn't afford all these fancy ass mattresses so I got the most expensive mattress at Big Lots the last time I was mattress shopping. I went with that because if you only have a few hundred dollars to spend, mattress stores take you to the dumpster out back to browse and put a peasant name badge on you while you're shopping. Big Lots made me feel like a king for spending like $600, alarms went off in the store, everyone started clapping.

• Haha 1