IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2022 - 564/677 (bonus games - 83/100)

scaryice

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2022 - 41/677 (bonus games - 1/100)
Graphics Team · Posted

Does anybody have some tips for the New York level of Puss N Boots?

I burned all my lives on a corridor where 3 flashing enemies appear and drain all my health before I can get more than a few shots at them...

(I don't want an explicit "this is how you do it" - but any helpful hints would be appreciated haha).

-CasualCart

Contra is done.

@CasualCart

Sounds like you're stuck on the final boss. After the snake thing? I don't know if there's really a super-easy strategy for that. You just have to jump over their projectiles and shoot them. I think sometimes the enemy on one side of you will move in close enough that you can jump over them and shoot them all from one side. That makes life easier if you get the chance.

Edited by nerdynebraskan

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2022 - 51/677 (bonus games - 2/100)

Monopoly is done.

@scaryice

Can you still add the list of games that have special conditions for completion? You may have to merge it with the previous champions post to keep it close to the top. Speaking of special conditions, does anyone know what qualifies as beating Road Runner? I did it the last time we had unlicensed games, and I remember that it's an endless looping arcade game. Does anyone remember what stage is the end of the first loop?

Edited by nerdynebraskan

Graphics Team · Posted
2 hours ago, nerdynebraskan said:

@CasualCart

Sounds like you're stuck on the final boss. After the snake thing? I don't know if there's really a super-easy strategy for that. You just have to jump over their projectiles and shoot them. I think sometimes the enemy on one side of you will move in close enough that you can jump over them and shoot them all from one side. That makes life easier if you get the chance.

Thanks - that's super helpful! I almost had it with that cornering strategy on my latest attempt. It feels like there's a lot of luck involved haha.

I'm calling it quits for today, but hopefully I'll be able to clear it soon!

-CasualCart