IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2022 - 564/677 (bonus games - 83/100)

scaryice

5 hours ago, nerdynebraskan said:

Monopoly is done.

@scaryice

Can you still add the list of games that have special conditions for completion? You may have to merge it with the previous champions post to keep it close to the top. Speaking of special conditions, does anyone know what qualifies as beating Road Runner? I did it the last time we had unlicensed games, and I remember that it's an endless looping arcade game. Does anyone remember what stage is the end of the first loop?

According to AdamL's guide, Road Runner has 4 unique levels, and a high score of 200K.  I'm assuming the goal would be to loop the game, although personally I would also require the default score to be beaten as well...though I don't think 200K is terribly difficult to get to if you're able to loop the game 😛

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

According to AdamL's guide, Road Runner has 4 unique levels, and a high score of 200K.  I'm assuming the goal would be to loop the game, although personally I would also require the default score to be beaten as well...though I don't think 200K is terribly difficult to get to if you're able to loop the game 😛

IIRC Roadrunner's 4 looping levels w/changing obstacles / increasing difficulty loop a total of 5 times after which the 1st level is played again as it was the first time, after which the game ends.  So that would be a total of 21 levels.

Edited by PII

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2022 - 59/677 (bonus games - 3/100)
3 hours ago, Strikezone1 said:

This has to be one of the easiest 10-pointers on the list. Not that the game is easy, but once you figure the game out it’s not bad at all. Plus it’s short.

I was just telling @the_wizard_666 earlier today that he should knock off Total Recall for 10 quick and easy points, but I guess he didn't listen....