IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 189/303

Splain

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 46/303
On 1/6/2022 at 2:29 PM, ZeldaFan042 said:

I got you covered 😉 

If you haven't started, I have a game of ocarina going that I started on the 2nd. Playing slow trying to get all skutullas, heart pieces, etc. and only able to play here and there when new baby is sleeping. All the side stuff is my favorite part.  Ill finish it either way, but let me know if I should post it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NESfiend said:

If you haven't started, I have a game of ocarina going that I started on the 2nd. Playing slow trying to get all skutullas, heart pieces, etc. and only able to play here and there when new baby is sleeping. All the side stuff is my favorite part.  Ill finish it either way, but let me know if I should post it

I haven't started it yet. You can have it 😊

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 54/303
Editorials Team · Posted
On 1/7/2022 at 10:47 PM, Gloves said:

Ooh, ooh! What's your party comp? 

Honestly, I haven't decided yet. I'm hung up on making "good" decisions about party and skills, so for the past few days I've been reading about the game instead of playing it. Any advice you have is appreciated.

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Splain said:

Honestly, I haven't decided yet. I'm hung up on making "good" decisions about party and skills, so for the past few days I've been reading about the game instead of playing it. Any advice you have is appreciated.

Mmmm yeah it's a biggun. My first piece of advice is that min-maxing can make things faster certainly, but it's not really REQUIRED. 

Magic is really useful, especially those spells with long range and multi-target (fireball early game is huuuuge). 

If you want an easier time, get the alchemist right off the bat. You can grind out infinite money with his alchemy skill once you get to the second town (the short goblin like folks). You buy stuff to make potions, make em, sell em at a significant profit. Suddenly you can buy spells etc all game no problem, reducing the need for grinding. 

You'll want a tanky character to stand at the front and take all the damage, too. One is fine. 

Thrown weapons are also better than you might think, I might suggest giving em a go with Alaron. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just an update. I'm about a third through Doom64, the game is brutal. So many levels I've breezed through only to get to the end with demons everywhere hitting for crazy damage. Having a lot of fun with it though.

Conker's I'm about 3 hours into it and I'm enjoying it so far, but not as much as other Rare games.

I wish I had more time to play but with my backlog challenge as well it is hard. I'll be happy if I can knock off 6-8  N64 games for the year 🙂

• Like 1