IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 189/303

Splain

Editorials Team · Posted
On 5/14/2022 at 8:13 PM, Red said:

If you're adding Japanese games for this year, it's already done!  Didn't you keep track of Japanese games in the past?  I remember posting Japanese completions in one of the previous Nintendo 64 threads.

Absolutely! I forgot that you had finally beaten that last level.

Editorials Team · Posted

Polaris SnoCross. Unlocked the dumb Sno-razor. This game starts out pretty fun, but by the end of the game, everyone's moving so fast that it feels like a pinball machine, and it's hard to have fun with it.

Next up... probably Blues Brothers 2000.

tEKAZeZ.png

• Like 6

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 140/303
Editorials Team · Posted

It's almost June and we're not halfway yet! That's bad!! I'm working on Mario Party right now.

How are these games coming? Let me conveniently delete myself off the list before posting:

Army Men: Sarge's Heroes - @Jeevan
Army Men: Sarge's Heroes 2 - @Jeevan
Banjo-Tooie - @McBryce
Blast Corps - @djg_
Chameleon Twist 2 - @KokiriChild
F-Zero X - @Brickman
Hey You, Pikachu! - @McBryce
Mario Kart R - @ZeldaFan042
Mischief Makers - @KokiriChild
Ogre Battle 64 - @Jeevan
Scooby Doo - @KokiriChild
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron - @Brickman
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire - @RH

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, Splain said:

It's almost June and we're not halfway yet! That's bad!! I'm working on Mario Party right now.

How are these games coming? Let me conveniently delete myself off the list before posting:

Banjo-Tooie - @McBryce
Blast Corps - @djg_
F-Zero X - @Brickman
Ogre Battle 64 - @Jeevan

ugh, i will start knocking out some games as this is a long weekend, but damn smt v is calling my name 🤪

1 hour ago, Splain said:

Banjo-Tooie - @McBryce
Blast Corps - @djg_
F-Zero X - @Brickman
Ogre Battle 64 - @Jeevan

Me right now with gaming in general:

Fail The Goldbergs GIF by ABC Network

No further progress for me unfortunately 😞 If anyone is really wanting to take over my games I wouldn't be upset. And if not, I will try to get them done soon.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Splain said:

Banjo-Tooie - @McBryce
Blast Corps - @djg_
F-Zero X - @Brickman
Ogre Battle 64 - @Jeevan

5 hours ago, Brickman said:

Me right now with gaming in general:

Fail The Goldbergs GIF by ABC Network

No further progress for me unfortunately 😞 If anyone is really wanting to take over my games I wouldn't be upset. And if not, I will try to get them done soon.

Ditto.  I’ll try to get back to SotE for now I have other priorities.

7 hours ago, Splain said:

Banjo-Tooie - @McBryce
Blast Corps - @djg_
F-Zero X - @Brickman
Ogre Battle 64 - @Jeevan

20 hours into Banjo-Tooie, so it’s coming along. Haven’t started Hey You Pikachu yet.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
3 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I started Army Men Sarges Heros a little while back and am a few missions in. Slow progress though just haven't had a lot of time

feel free to do it lol, I will work on others this weekend, see if I can knock a few off the list.  we have like 34 days to get over 50%.  We can do it and some!!!  I'll stop playing smt v sometime soon so I can help out @Splain as I really wanna do this!

Snowboard Kids 1 is completed, mostly.  I beat all of the main races and got the credits to roll, just have to go back and do some of the side games ( 2 of the Shoot Cross tracks ) to 100% it.  I like this game, but it's quite a bit more rng heavy than 2 as you don't have as many options defensively, and so the last 2-3 races really come down to being crapshoots.  For the last track, they make you race a character (Shinobin)  who goes invisible whenever he's attacked ( there's a limit to it at least; he doesn't do it 100% of the time, and I think he only really gets it once per lap ).   If this wasn't enough, they also make you do 9 laps instead of the usual 2-3.  Granted, it's a super short track, but it still sucks to run a perfect race for 9 laps and then get hit with bad luck ( which if you're in first is going to happen more often than not due to the rubber banding elements of the item %s ).

Also playing through Milo's Astro Lanes.  I beat the really annoying "bonus" / trick shot levels about a month ago and just never really bothered to finish it, but I will get around to it probably over the weekend.  Outside of the weird aesthetic, this game doesn't have much going for it.

snowboardkids1.jpg

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 142/303
Events Helper · Posted

I am absolutely going to complete a baseball game tonight!  I promise, i am gonna do it, i have a free night and don't work tomorrow.  I will do that and another baseball game tomorrow!  Time to kick this pig into high gear and get this shit done!  @ZeldaFreak said he is gonna come in here and wreck a few dozen games as well, so hopefully he can get it done and help us out!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Events Team · Posted
5 hours ago, Jeevan said:

I am absolutely going to complete a baseball game tonight!  I promise, i am gonna do it, i have a free night and don't work tomorrow.  I will do that and another baseball game tomorrow!  Time to kick this pig into high gear and get this shit done!  @ZeldaFreak said he is gonna come in here and wreck a few dozen games as well, so hopefully he can get it done and help us out!

Yeah, I'm in the process of hosting a game of Werewolf, and they can sometimes take upwards of a month to finish, but after that I'm gonna start to try knocking out a good chunk of the games. As I told Jeeves, I'm gonna try to focus on particularly difficult and/or particularly boring games that nobody else really wants to touch, as I think those would be the most helpful to get out of the way for you guys. And yeah, my goal is going to be to beat at least 25ish games by the end of the year, minimum, and I'm sure I can probably do even better than that depending on the length of the games. I may go ahead and knock out a couple games as my WW game is ongoing depending on what else I have going on, but we'll see. I'll definitely kick it in to high gear once it's over though.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted

In fact, in the meantime, if anyone wants to provide me a short list of some of the more difficult/boring games we haven't completed yet that I can start working through at some point, that'd be good. I'm not super familiar with the N64 library so that would help me a good bit. If there's any games in particular that you guys have had trouble with in previous years, I'll try to get those ones done.

Edited by ZeldaFreak

Events Helper · Posted
26 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

In fact, in the meantime, if anyone wants to provide me a short list of some of the more difficult/boring games we haven't completed yet that I can start working through at some point, that'd be good. I'm not super familiar with the N64 library so that would help me a good bit. If there's any games in particular that you guys have had trouble with in previous years, I'll try to get those ones done.

one long game is starcraft.  Not sure how well it will emulate on pc though.......I can get you a small list here in a bit for you to work on during werewolf that won't take much of a mind drain.

• Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
Just now, Jeevan said:

one long game is starcraft.  Not sure how well it will emulate on pc though.......I can get you a small list here in a bit for you to work on during werewolf that won't take much of a mind drain.

53050b5575d3f6ffe275d754740be547.png

Daaaaaaaamn. Yeah, I'll definitely go ahead and reserve that one if nobody else is working on it, I don't want anyone else to have to go through that, haha. That'll be my first time actually playing a Starcraft game, so hopefully it's a decent port so I don't have a bad first impression.

• Wow! 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, ZeldaFreak said:

53050b5575d3f6ffe275d754740be547.png

Daaaaaaaamn. Yeah, I'll definitely go ahead and reserve that one if nobody else is working on it, I don't want anyone else to have to go through that, haha. That'll be my first time actually playing a Starcraft game, so hopefully it's a decent port so I don't have a bad first impression.

i think @Brickman was starting it, but then gave up like after a bit kuz it is apparently beat alllllll the missions with everyone i guess.......

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
Just now, Jeevan said:

i think @Brickman was starting it, but then gave up like after a bit kuz it is apparently beat alllllll the missions with everyone i guess.......

Yeah, I don't really have any experience with RTS games, so as long as it's not brutally difficult I'm fine with getting that one out of the way. In fact I think that'll probably be the first one I try to complete, since that one's probably gonna take me a long while with my lack of experience in the genre.

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Yeah, I don't really have any experience with RTS games, so as long as it's not brutally difficult I'm fine with getting that one out of the way. In fact I think that'll probably be the first one I try to complete, since that one's probably gonna take me a long while with my lack of experience in the genre.

there is a list of soft claimed, but just shout out what you wanna do and if anyone is doing it they will reply to ya.  It takes a bit, but rts is so much better on the pc due to mouse and keyboard, but do a bit and just try it out 🙂  You should be able to get used to it pretty easily i would guess.  

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Reed Rothchild said:

...and the Brood War expansion 🤣

hence the almost 4 days of gameplay coming zeldafreaks way lol.

@ZeldaFreak  If you wanna take sarge's heroes 2 off my hands you can have it, the game is really fun, @LeatherRebel5150 is playing the first one.  It's really good for a kiddie army men game.  It actually isn't that kiddie lol

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

@ZeldaFreak  

These are games, at a glance that no one will probably touch 😆

all star tennis 99
bottom of the 9th
beetle adventure racing <--don't think anyone is doing that one, someone will eventually, but should be quick i would think
buck bumble <--really good game
centre court tennis(pal)
cyber tiger?
excitebike 64
f-1 world grand prix
f-1 world grand prix 2(pal)
f1 pole position 64
f1 racing championship (pal)
GT64:  Championship edition........see a theme here?  😆
Indy Racing 2000
Ken Griffey Jr's slugfest
Madden 64
Madden 2000
Madden 2001
Madden 2002
Major League Baseball starring ken griffey jr
Mike Piazza's Strike Zone
Monaco Grand Prix
Nagano Winter Olympics 98

That is 22 of the best games on the N64 😏.

• Thanks 1