IGNORED

[ENDED] Extra Life Charity LIVE Mega Auction with 14 Lots! Live Auction: Dec 18th, 8:00PM EST in Discord.

spacepup

Administrator · Posted

UPDATE:  The live auction completed on 12/18.  Thank you very much to all of those who participated!

Winners:

Lot #1: Zelda Bundle - winner: ninjistar, $52
Lot #2: Digital Switch Bundle - winner: Lastcat, $56
Lot #3, Physical Switch Bundle - winner: ninjistar, $81
Lot #4, N64 Classics Bundle - winner: Splain, $40
Lot #5, N64 Fun Bundle #1 - winner: Splain, $42
Lot #6, N64 Fun Bundle #2 - winner: ninjistar, $50
Lot #7, Mario Kart / 64 bundle - winner: B.A., $100
Lot #8: PC Fun Bundle, winner: xelius, $100
Lot #9: Xbox 360 Bundle, winner: xelius, $100
Lot #10: Wii Action RPG Bundle, winner: ninjistar, $40
Lot #11: Wii Party / Game Mix Bundle, winner: drxandy, $33
Lot #12: Wii Sealed Bundle 1, winner: ninjistar, $40
Lot #13: Wii Sealed Bundle 2, winner: Splain, $60
Lot #14: Get Fit or Die Trying Bundle, winner: ninjistar, $31

Total raised by bidder:
$294 -- @ninjistar -- Lots 1, 3, 6, 10, 12, 14
$200 -- @xelius -- Lots 8, 9
$142 -- @Splain -- Lots 4, 5, 13
$100 -- @B.A. -- Lot 7
$56 -- @LastCat -- Lot 2
$33 - @drxandy -- Lot 11

$825 - Total Raised!  Thank you so much!

And a big thank to you others who bid, either in advance or live:  @Deadeye @Reed Rothchild @SailorScoutMandy @RH @Noid

Jeevan and/or I will reach out to the winners, and make sure everything gets worked out.  Thanks!

---

Hello Sages!

The VGS crew here is working hard to continue raising money for Extra Life, an awesome charity - and this year we are supporting Gloves’ campaign which supports SickKids Foundation. - Check out more HERE

We are conducting a special Live Auction this year, with 14 Lots of Fun gaming goodies, with a total estimated value of over $1,000!

How Does it Work?
This will work slightly differently than our normal auctions.  The main event will be a Live Auction format, to take place on Saturday, December 18th, starting at 8:00PM Eastern Time, in the VGS Discord!  We will auction off one lot at a time, through all 14 lots!

Can’t make the live auction? OK! If you are unable to attend the Live Auction, you can send me a PM with your bids (do not post bids here) until 11:59PM Eastern Time, on Friday, December 17th.  These will be private and not shared until auction night.  Private bids before the live auction are considered commitments - if that is the winning bid, you agree it is binding.

On auction night, live bidders will place their bids as we auction the lots, in our "charity-live-auction" channel in Discord.  We will start there with the starting amounts listed below.  If the bid begins to approach a private bid I've received, we will then announce the private bid.  Live bidders will have the opportunity to continue bidding. 

If, during the live auction, a period of 2 minutes has elapsed after bidding, the auction will end and the winner will be announced!

If you placed a private bid and won the auction, we will notify you via PM on Sunday, December 19th!  

Please see the third post in this thread for even more information and details about the process!

I Won?! Now What?
Once you have a confirmed win, you will make a donation to Glove’s Extra Life Campaign! Send me a PM with proof of your donation, as well as your address, and once we confirm it, we will send out your items to you!  Super easy right?!  And the money goes to a great cause.

Shipping
I will cover all shipping costs for the winners if you are located in the US.  If you are located outside the US, I will cover at least $10 or split the actual shipping costs 50/50 with the winner.

Fees
There is a small transaction fee for donations to Extra Life.  You are not required to cover the fee.  However, we kindly request that you do so if you are able - it would be much appreciated!

OK, NOW TO THE FUN STUFF!
Please see below for the 14 Lots of Fun items, as well as links to Imgur galleries with pictures of everything, including some bonus items included with most of the lots!

Thank you for your interest, and please let us know if you have any questions!

We will continue other non-live standard Extra Life Auctions between now and December 28!  And remember, you can always donate directly to Extra Life if you want to support the event but don't want to bid on the auction lots.  Thank you!

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

Administrator · Posted

Alrighty! These are the lots we'll be auctioning!

Lot 1: Zelda Bundle — Imgur
Estimated Value: $125.  Starting Amount:  $50

Zelda: Hyrule Historia Hardcover Book (New and Sealed)
Zelda: Ocarina of Time N64 Cart
Zelda: Majora’s Mask N64 Cart (Gold / Hologram Cart)
Bonus Item: Zelda Art (Nintendo Reward)

Lot 2: Digital Switch Bundle — Imgur
Estimated Value: $90.  Starting Amount:  $45

512GB MicroSDXC Card (New)
Nintendo eshop card - $35
Bonus Item: Nintendo Pouch (Nintendo Reward)

Lot 3: Physical Switch Bundle — Imgur
Estimated Value: $80.  Starting Amount:  $40

Bioshock: The Collection (New)
Killer Queen Black (New)
Ni No Kuni (CIB)
Bonus Item: Mario Collectible Coin Set

Lot 4: N64 Classics Bundle — Imgur
Estimated Value: $70.  Starting Amount:  $30

Goldeneye: 007 (N64 Cart)
Perfect Dark (N64 Cart)
Star Fox 64 (N64 Cart)
Bonus Item: Nintendo Gift Boxes

Lot 5: N64 Fun Bundle — Imgur
Estimated Value: $75.  Starting Amount:  $30

Space Station Silicon Valley (N64 Cart)
Jet Force Gemini (N64 Cart)
Bonus Item: ROB Amiibo

Lot 6: N64 Fun Bundle 2 — Imgur
Estimated Value:  $65.  Starting Amount:  $30

Banjo-Kazooie (N64 Cart)
Gauntlet Legends (N64 Cart)
Bonus Item: N64 Gameshark Cart

Lot 7: Mario Kart / N64 Bundle — Imgur
Estimated Value:  $75.  Starting Amount:  $30

Super Mario Chess Set (New)
Mario Kart 64 (N64 Cart)
Bonus Item: Mario Notebook (lightly used - please see drawing on back insert 🙂  )

Lot 8: PC Fun Bundle — Imgur
Estimated Value:  $200.  Starting Amount:  $100

The Elder Scrolls: Anthology (New)
Grand Theft Auto: The Classics Collection (New)
Axiom Verge (Gametrust / Indiebox version) (New)
Jotun (Gametrust / Indiebox version) (New)
Bonus Item: Tales of Monkey Island (New)

Lot 9: Xbox 360 Bundle — Imgur
Estimated Value:  $200.  Starting Amount:  $100

Xbox 360 Arcade Console (In Box)
Xbox 360 Batman: Arkham City: Collector’s Edition (New)
Bonus Item: Spacepup’s Appreciation

Lot 10: Wii Action RPG Bundle — Imgur
Estimated Value:  $90.  Starting Amount:  $40

Muramasa: The Demon Blade (CIB)
Zelda: Skyward Sword (CIB)

Lot 11: Wii Party / Game Mix Bundle — Imgur
Estimated Value:  $60.  Starting Amount:  $30

The Price is Right: 2010 Edition (Wii CIB)
Kororinpa Marble Mania (Wii CIB)
Boom Blox Bash Party (Wii CIB)
101-in-1 Party Megamix (Wii CIB)
Amazon Gift Card: $25

Lot 12: Wii Sealed Bundle 1 — Imgur
Estimated Value:  $80.  Starting Amount:  $40

Cate West: The Vanishing Files (Wii NEW)
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes (Wii NEW)
Real Heroes: Firefighter (Wii NEW)

Lot 13: Wii Sealed Bundle 2 — Imgur
Estimated Value:  $130.  Starting Amount:  $60

Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii NEW)
Bayonetta 2 (Wii U NEW)
Bonus Item: NintendoLand (Wii U)

Lot 14: Get Fit or Die Trying Bundle — Imgur
Estimated Value:  $50.  Starting Amount:  $20

Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Wii CIB)
EA Sports Active Personal Trainer (Wii CIB)
EA Active More Workouts (Wii CIB)
Amazon Gift Card: $25

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

Administrator · Posted

Alrighty, so first, here is a summary of how things will play out at the live auction.

1. We've created a #charity-live-auction channel in the VGS Discord.  It is located under the 'Marketplace' section.  If you plan to participate, please join a few minutes prior to the auction start at 8pm, for any questions or last minute technical issues.  If you aren't in our Discord, please feel free to join and check it out!

2. At 8pm EST, we will start the auction with Lot #1!  We'll announce the lot and items, as well as the starting price.  At that point, bidders in the channel can place their bids in increments of at least $1.  Slow mode will be enabled in the channel, so users can post every 15 seconds.  Bidding will continue until 2 minutes have elapsed with no bids.  At that point, the winner will be announced.  We will share a reminder for 30 seconds remaining when it gets close.

3.  If a private bid has been placed before the event, when the live auction bid approaches that amount, we will announce the private bid at that time.  Then live bidders will have the option to continue bidding if they so choose.

4.  We will continue on lot after lot, until all the lots are finished.  We will try to keep things moving so the auction doesn't last too long, but with at least 14 lots, please bear with us as it may take a little while to get through everything.

5.  Finally, we hope that you have fun with it!  

See below for a few answers to questions:

How did you determine the "estimated value?"
We did our best to estimate the value using recent sales, and placed the starting bid amounts at roughly half that amount.  Please understand that we place no guarantee on 'value,' and encourage you to do your own research or assess the value based on the condition of the items, market changes, etc.

How much of the auction amount goes to charity?
ALL of it!!  With the slight exception of any transaction fees (unless you choose to cover those).  The winner will donate directly to Extra Life.  No funds will go through VGS or VGS staff.

I see you have some NEW items here.  Are these grade-worthy? How perfect are they?
We are making no assessment of the "grade-worthiness" of the sealed items.  The items marked new are sealed and unopened / unused, but please see the pictures for condition, and understand that these are not all in pristine condition or recommended for grading services.  

I don't want to use Discord or I will be unavailable for the live auction.  Do I miss out?
Not at all! Please see details in the first post -- if you are unable to join the live auction, or would prefer not to, you can still send me a PM with your bids, up until December 17th at 11:59pm EST.  These are binding, but only if it is the highest / winning bid announced during the live auction.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Extra Life Charity LIVE Mega Auction with 14 Lots! Live Auction: Dec 18th, 8:00PM EST in Discord.
Administrator · Posted
16 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

What's your registered charity number?

All funds go to Extra Life, which is a program of Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, 205 W. 700 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101, 801-214-7400.  Gloves participates in a campaign every year to raise funds for Extra Life.  You can find more information below: 

Extra Life: https://www.extra-life.org/.
Gloves' Campaign Page: https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=449882
Children's Miracle Network Hospitals:  https://childrensmiraclenetworkhospitals.org/.

As mentioned above, the funds for any winning bids are going DIRECTLY to the organization via Gloves' campaign page.  He nor anyone at VGS receives any funds, just to clarify.

All of the items in the above auctions were provided for this event courtesy of myself and @Jeevan.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, spacepup said:

All funds go to Extra Life, which is a program of Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, 205 W. 700 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101, 801-214-7400.  Gloves participates in a campaign every year to raise funds for Extra Life.  You can find more information below: 

Extra Life: https://www.extra-life.org/.
Gloves' Campaign Page: https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=449882
Children's Miracle Network Hospitals:  https://childrensmiraclenetworkhospitals.org/.

As mentioned above, the funds for any winning bids are going DIRECTLY to the organization via Gloves' campaign page.  He nor anyone at VGS receives any funds, just to clarify.

All of the items in the above auctions were provided for this event courtesy of myself and @Jeevan.

I don't see the registered number on any of those pages.

Administrator · Posted
6 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I don't see the registered number on any of those pages.

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but Children's Miracle Network is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization based in Salt Lake City, UT.  Their EIN is 87-0387205 and their 990 returns are available publicly for you or anyone to inspect.   The "Extra Life" campaign has been going since 2008, and as far as I know, is trusted and respected in the wider gaming community.  

If you need any additional information or clarification, I'd recommend calling the number I provided and I'm sure they could assist you.

• Love 2

2 hours ago, spacepup said:

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but Children's Miracle Network is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization based in Salt Lake City, UT.  Their EIN is 87-0387205 and their 990 returns are available publicly for you or anyone to inspect.   The "Extra Life" campaign has been going since 2008, and as far as I know, is trusted and respected in the wider gaming community.  

If you need any additional information or clarification, I'd recommend calling the number I provided and I'm sure they could assist you.

I'm just trying to figure out how it all works. Are we giving the money to you or do we give it straight to Children's Miracle Network?

Administrator · Posted

Just to clarify for everyone else in case there is any confusion.  No - funds are not sent to me or anyone at VGS.

The winning bidder will make a donation directly to the charity, using this page: https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=449882

On the page, they will click the green "Donate" button to make a donation.  Once everything is complete, they will send me a PM indicating they have made the donation and the amount donated and/or name they used for the donation.  

Once I confirm the donation is received by Extra Life (it is usually very quick if not instant), I will ship the items to the winner.

If there are any other related questions, please let me know.

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, RH said:

Redacted

Hey there!  While I appreciate your enthusiasm and interest in these lots, this auction will work a bit differently from our normal ones.  Since the 'main event' will be a Live Auction format in Discord, those who want to place bids prior to then, can send me a PM with their bids.  These will be private until the live auction.  Therefore, you may want to make your "best" bids, but do so privately by sending me a PM.  All such bids will be recorded and not shared with anyone until auction night.

If you have any questions about how it is supposed to work, please let me know!

• Like 1

Just now, spacepup said:

Hey there!  While I appreciate your enthusiasm and interest in these lots, this auction will work a bit differently from our normal ones.  Since the 'main event' will be a Live Auction format in Discord, those who want to place bids prior to then, can send me a PM with their bids.  These will be private until the live auction.  Therefore, you may want to make your "best" bids, but do so privately by sending me a PM.  All such bids will be recorded and not shared with anyone until auction night.

If you have any questions about how it is supposed to work, please let me know!

Ah, sorry not for reading everything.  Admittedly, I skimmed and I assumed it followed other formats in but just for many lots.  I'll re-review and PM you.

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Some of these look interesting enough to take a bite into.

Are people still sending things in or is that cut off and done?

Thanks for checking them out.

There *may* be one more lot we auction, but I'm not sure at this point.  I don't want to change it to much after tomorrow.

If you meant private bids, you are welcome to send in bids up until Friday, Dec 17 at 11:59pm EST.

Hopefully that answers the question, but let me know if otherwise!

• The topic was pinned
Administrator · Posted
6 hours ago, Tanooki said:

No I meant if someone wanted to add another log to the fire with more goods, not about private bids.

There is potentially one additional lot we might be adding today, donated by someone else, but I'm not 100% sure yet on that.  I don't want to make any changes after today, just to give everyone enough time to preview / place bids on all the lots.  Hope that helps!

Administrator · Posted

Bumpity-doo-da!  Can't make the auction? No problem! PM me a private bid and ya never know!

And as a reminder - if you don't care about the items or auction, but want to help out, you can donate directly via the campaign here: https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=449882

We are trying to help Gloves reach his campaign goal of $3,375.  We are less than $1,000 away, so the goal is in reach! Thanks 🙂

• Love 1

Events Helper · Posted

friendly PSA to those who are new to discord, you might show up early in case you don't know how to navigate it!  We can help you prior to the auction!  I will be on around 7pm to help you if needed.  It is now 3:17 EST Also, just so you all are aware in case you aren't aware of the time zone.